test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Random Poll: Are Treasure Hunts your cup of tea?

starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
edited August 2018 in Ten Forward
By "treasure hunt" I mean an adventure involving the locating and subsequent solving and/or successful identification of a series of clues leading to a grand prize.

TL;DR: Idiana Jones stuff.
Post edited by starfarertheta on

A Random Poll: Are Treasure Hunts your cup of tea? 11 votes

I am always eager to hunt my fortune! My cup of tea for sure!
63%
duncanidaho11rattler2tunebreakerjiralinriathemadrigogssevenofnine13141jamieblanchard 7 votes
Nah, not my cup of tea.
0%
Meh, it depends on what I could get out it.
9%
markhawkman 1 vote
I am above mortal concerns.
0%
What does treasure have to do with tea?
27%
valenjagaraks31artan42 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqR_p_KFNsw

If we're talking RPG stuff, then yes. I get a real sense of accomplishment when I solve puzzles in a game. That's one of the reasons I love RPGs. They are more than just "hit enemy until they die".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I was a big fan of Treasure Trails in Runescape, back when I was still playing it, but I'm unsure how it'd work in STO.
    However, if the implementation is good and rewards worth it, then sure, I'd love it.
  • Options
    starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I was a big fan of Treasure Trails in Runescape, back when I was still playing it, but I'm unsure how it'd work in STO.
    However, if the implementation is good and rewards worth it, then sure, I'd love it.

While I'm not familiar with Treasure Trails, I've also been thinking about how a treasure hunt could work in STO. Got a few theories, not sure if any of them are good.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    What does treasure have to do with tea?
    I do like tea.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Funny that. I'm currently revisiting the Indiana Jones movies. All sorts of fun!

~hums the Indiana Jones theme~

Would be nice to see some things here in STO with that overall look and feel. Are you suggesting a possible future Featured Ep with a treasure hunt along those lines? If so, then yes, I'm on board.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I once wrote a Foundry mission about searching a Borg planet for ancient relics that the Borg had collected for later analysis.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I once wrote a Foundry mission about searching a Borg planet for ancient relics that the Borg had collected for later analysis.

Relics of the Third Borg Dynasty? ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Relics of the Third Borg Dynasty? ;)
    No. Actually it was an ancient race that died out millennia before the Borg existed. So the Borg were studying the artifacts to try and understand their creators. Also one of them was a Slaver stasis box....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think you need to drop the idea of having a "Grand Prize" at the end of your Foundry mission.
    You may be able to come up with a more creative solution to a treasure hunt without one.

And the time spent on creating the missions would be more meaningful content, and not just a one off for a big event....that may never get off the ground because of logistics.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin