test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jean Luc Picard Returns - New Star Trek Series Discussion

12346»

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    TV Series writers want to create their own spin and not rehash the same old content from a video game.

TV Series writers rehash stuff all the time. Trek is a major 'rehasher' and often retreads the the same story (Voyager being a major culprit).
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    furthermore, writers have no say over what they can do if the IP owner doesn't give them carte blanche to do whatever they want - which CBS doesn't seem likely to do...or didn't when moonves was in charge - things may change majorly with the new CEO​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Part of why I think it might happen is that part of the story of Star Trek: Discovery will be in STO and NOT on TV.

"STO isn't canon!"

That's for CBS to decide. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg