marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
-The Map of the Klingon War shows “Iconians 200,000 years ago”

-The Iconian gateways could make use of the mycelial network

-The shadow figure Burnham sees looks like an Iconian

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It's Elvis
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    -The Map of the Klingon War shows “Iconians 200,000 years ago”

-The Iconian gateways could make use of the mycelial network

-The shadow figure Burnham sees looks like an Iconian

You mean this map?
    KFUByuc.jpg

Not sure what to make of that to be honest - if one zooms in we can see Iconia on the map (its top-left, just beneath the letter 'J'), but it looks as if it's very slightly shy of being in Klingon space. And we know that it was situated in what would later be known as the Romulan Netural zone.....

I can just see it under the letter J it's very tiny
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > -The Map of the Klingon War shows “Iconians 200,000 years ago”
    >
    > -The Iconian gateways could make use of the mycelial network
    >
    > -The shadow figure Burnham sees looks like an Iconian
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You mean this map?
    >
    >
    > Not sure what to make of that to be honest - if one zooms in we can see Iconia on the map (its top-left, just beneath the letter 'J'), but it looks as if it's very slightly shy of being in Klingon space. And we know that it was situated in what would later be known as the Romulan Netural zone.....

I think it’s actually Iconian space not Iconia itself you can see planets such as Iccobar, Dinosia and Dewa, the Romulan Republic does not yet exist leaving the space open to be claimed by Klingons temporarily during the war
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    uhh so TRIBBLE are going to TRIBBLE over the Iconians?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    > @reyan01 said:
    >
    > > @reyan01 said:
    > > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    > >
    > > -The Map of the Klingon War shows “Iconians 200,000 years ago”
    > >
    > > -The Iconian gateways could make use of the mycelial network
    > >
    > > -The shadow figure Burnham sees looks like an Iconian
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > You mean this map?
    > >
    > >
    > > Not sure what to make of that to be honest - if one zooms in we can see Iconia on the map (its top-left, just beneath the letter 'J'), but it looks as if it's very slightly shy of being in Klingon space. And we know that it was situated in what would later be known as the Romulan Netural zone.....
    >
    > I think it’s actually Iconian space not Iconia itself you can see planets such as Iccobar, Dinosia and Dewa, the Romulan Republic does not yet exist leaving the space open to be claimed by Klingons temporarily during the war
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Iconia is on the map though.
    > thay8472 wrote: »
    >
    > uhh so TRIBBLE are going to **** over the Iconians?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Doubtful. My only concern is how Iconia can even BE on the map since it wasn't rediscovered until 2365 (by the Galaxy class USS Yamato). Unless the dot labelled 'Iconia' is a 'possible location' rather than a factual one.

As I said Iconia itself isn’t on the map
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they ripped the map directly from Star Charts, of which the iconian system is a part of; obviously they didn't bother to erase systems that shouldn't be there as of 2256​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What I'm wondering is the significance of systems being colored blue. Orion(not a Fed member AFAIK), Galordon Core, Acamar(maybe, but prob not), Baku, Son'a, Tarlac, Yridia, Elora… Why are these systems marked in blue?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    because they're still in federation space, or at least the federation's sphere of influence, members or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    The map is highly inaccurate, Earth doesn’t exist and Andoria and Vulcan are in the wrong Quadrant
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > -The Map of the Klingon War shows “Iconians 200,000 years ago”
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The map is highly inaccurate, Earth doesn’t exist and Andoria and Vulcan are in the wrong Quadrant
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope, the map is actually pretty accurate. Earth is just so much in the upper left hand corner it cant be shown, but Vulcan and Andoria are in the right quadrant since the star charts have never been canon, and we are never told that Vulcan or Andoria are in the Beta Quadrant in any canon material.

The map you posted shows them in the Beta Quadrant
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The figure she sees could be a Q, whatever the Caretaker was, an Organian, the last Douwd (TNG The Survivors), or any one of a hundred other things from across Trek, or something new.

I don't think they're gonna touch Q, the Caretaker's species isn't even humanoid naturally, Douwd... not sure...

But I think you're on the right track. If it is a member of the species that triggered these signals, it would have to be an older one. I wonder if it will be a T'Kon or something else equally mysterious. The figure seemed humanoid, with either spines or wings on the back, and perhaps tall.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Not only that, we have literally NOTHING to go on, and already assuming its the Iconians based on one brief, blurry shot of something VAGUELY looking like an STO Iconian.

I'm betting its something entirely new. Not jumping to conclusions and crying foul.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, I'll hesitate to say that it can't be Iconians, because early predictions about MIrror Universe stuff also proved true. (THough I think the rumors were due to something Johnathan Frakes leaked, so it might not be the same.)

However, if it is Iconians, it will be interesting to see how that would work together with Cryptic's Iconian story arc.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    If, and I do stress the word IF, they are having an Iconian... there is only one way to maintain the established timeline. Well... maybe two or three.
    1. They are never identified. IE Borg in ST: Enterprise episode Regeneration
    2. Captain Pike decides to leave the identity OUT of his report and basically says "this never happened"
    3. The Deciever angle. Something POSING as the Iconians in order to get something they want.

I still think we're dealing with something totally new and unknown. There is no evidence to say "Its Iconians." What evidence do we have? A purposefully blurry image of something walking towards Burnham, and a blink and you'll miss it reference to Iconian territory on a map depicting the war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

Hardly Proof Positive of Iconian activity in the 23rd Century.

Remember that by the mid 24th Century, Iconia was a legend. Its location lost to time. The power of the Demons of Air and Darkness were known even to the Federation LONG after the Iconians vanished from the galaxy. These legends would have had to exist for MUCH longer than just one episode of TNG. It is entirely possible, no... it is a FACT that the legend of Iconia was known to the Federation as far back as the 23rd Century. While they may not have found any working Iconian Gates or Iconia itself, the Iconians were an interstellar superpower in their time. Ruins would have been discovered and studied.

Ranting and raving about violating canon and whatnot before the season even starts based on circumstantial evidence...
    Its honestly better to just wait and see rather than rip it a new one without knowing what's going on.
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > The map you posted shows them in the Beta Quadrant
    >
    >
    >
    > Like I said, the Star Charts ARE NOT CANON

According to Memory Alpha your wrong
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    >
    > According to Memory Alpha your wrong
    >
    >
    >
    > Mem Alpha says nothing about them being canon.
    >
    > In fact, Mem Alpha explicitly states
    > http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Canon Canon is a sanctioned or accepted group or body of related works. The Star Trek canon is generally defined as all released television series and feature films. The various "official" references (such as the Star Trek Encyclopedia or the Star Trek Chronology) may be used as a guide to canon information, but are not canon in and of themselves.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Star Charts are such reference material.

Memory Alpha lists both Vulcan and Andoria in the Beta Quadrant
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    People are vitriolically b|tching their little eyes out over unlikly speculation as though it was acually happening! :D Pathetic fanbois. So desperate to hate new things they have to resort to acting like idle speculation speculation is canon.

Bless.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    People don't even see what they are doing. Things like how L'Rell holding the Chancellorship by threat of extinction perfectly explains why Kor told Kirk that all Klingon soldiers were under constant surveillance (TOS Errand of Mercy). Or how Spock rejecting the Vulcan Science Academy because Sarek sacrificed Michael's opportunity to join for him is a much better cause for Spock and his father not speaking as father & son for 18 years than what the KT gave us.

Huh... I never thought about those connections. That... is actually VERY interesting.