test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to use enhanced battle cloak

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Just to be clear...I use and enjoy battle cloak; I know how that differs from basic cloak, and find it useful (and fun).

Enhanced battle cloak seems worse than useless to me - I'm constantly exposed without shields simply to fire another torpedo. In the 2s window where I'm exposed, the AI spots, fires, and connects with my un-shielded hull. I see no point to this ability if all it does is leave me exposed at odd intervals.

What am i missing?

-Jeff

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    It also lets you use some boff powers like GW but generally every cloak is kinda "meh" in pve. Just keep using it for the ambush bonus.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Its really only good for the ambush bonus as seriousdave mentioned..

If your using the EBC while in the middle of combat ..you'll have to "Run" away or out of weapon range for at least 10 seconds after activation.Unless you have an Aoe placate or use jame sensors on a single target after you.

You sounds like you have low kinetic resistances..Or the NPCs just keep getting those lucky critical on you.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    ensignthrowawayensignthrowaway Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I've run EBC builds since shortly after LoR dropped, (first dil-to-Zen thing I ever bought was the old school T'varo), and there are some things to keep in mind:

- Scitorp builds leverage the cloak the best. I'd skip energy weapons entirely on these if you want to really use it. The neat thing is, you can leave your thrust at full all the time to take advantage of the inherent defense bonus, as the torpedoes only need a split second of time on target to fire. (ViL added another nice torp console too.)

- EBC works great against certain kinds of NPCs, very poorly on others. I find EBC pretty funny against Borg, since they drain most shields anyway. I usually turn it off against Vaadwaur, since the stupid polaron barrages don't seem to care about defense. It's always fine to toggle the shield up if you're having trouble.

- It's nice to have additional mobility in case you're getting squeezed: rock'n'roll, trajector, etc.

- Ultimately, EBC is a gimmick/novelty build. You will blow up more than if you had shields, on the balance. You will do less damage than if you chase the meta. I've seen some great parses, but the resources I spent to do that would've gone farther doing more popular cookie-cutter stuff. You mostly wanna use EBC because it's cool, not because it's an underrated secret weapon. It's not.