test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorgon Ytijara Dreadnought Cruiser

2»

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > So i tried a DBB/3 omni with tractor mines and nukara mines and it works out okay. On a 4/3 or 5/3 layout placing two mines on a front facer means doing pretty much nil damage when flying away. 4/4 generally don't have the turn to do front facers well...generally. So this kinda works for this ship's set up. It has 6 energy weapons hitting when forwards, 3 when away...which is the same as a 4/3 that has a torp. On top of that, I have two set of pretty good control mines to drop. With frigate pets. Turns a bit slow for my taste...but it works out decently well. So there...a way to somewhat make use of that odd 3/5 layout.

That certainly gives me more confidence in the Refracting Tet build I mentioned. Which omnis did you use that you got three fitted?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I put all tetryon turrets on one of mine. Front is destabilizing and chroniton-infused with the quantum phase torpedo. Rear is three piercing turrets, the web mine and chroniton mine.

I also finally switched the engi seat around to ET, A2B, RSP and A2B. Have TT on the ens uni and TS and CRF to see if it's better than CSV.

Have all the tet-boosting stuff I had on hand on it. It's probably not optimized, but it does pretty good. The piercing tets didn't upgrade past blue at XIV, but they're still not bad for a mission reward. I also had two blue technicians I slotted in there too. All in all, yes, it is a fun boat to fly. Though I may swap out the chroniton mine for the tractor mine as well.

I don't do advanced or elite, so it works in any normal stuff I want to do.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Skittle Turrets don't even have to be less effective, there are several different color of Phaser.. you could probably make a pretty cool Rainbow Boat that's still all Phaser.

Turret boats can be fun, sure they won't win the DPS race.. but they're a nice change of pace from time to time. I run mine on a Fleet Eclipse and it's a pretty fun build. I use the Withering Barrage trait and A2B to keep 100% up time on Scatter Volley. It's pretty cool to see 8 turrets all Scatter Volley into a field of Hur'q. :smiley: Kemocite and Override Subsystem Safeties give them a little extra bite as well. I don't use the Ytijara as anything but an Admiralty Card. Even as a Turret Boat, there are better ships.

I certainly wouldn't take it into an Elite Queue, but I take it to Battlezones and stuff and it does quite well. It's actually really good in Story missions too, you can eat up Hur'q, Iconians, even the Tzenkethi pretty easily in the regular story arcs. Turrets can be fun.

As I said above, I don't do anything except normal for the most part. With what I have on it right now, they all look the same except I think one of the front ones looks different. The spray is not little round bursts, but elongated, off-white bursts.

I do have a phaser beam build with different phasers of rainbow colors that's quite pretty and cool. I may, just for fun, put skittle flavors on a turret boat of different energies just to see how cool it is. For phasers like you suggest I'd probably pull out another ship that isn't optimized for tetryon, of course.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited August 2018
    So this is the build I'm currently working on. Note there's a few empty spots and nearly everything is VR XII at best, it'd take a while to get everything ramped up in the Upgrade system.

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/59b1102f6faa51e1eeffb22bfcb7eacb
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

That looks really good.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • trekgate000trekgate000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I look forward to playing around with it! I may or may not try making one Turret Boat, but I may just give it a shot! Best pat is it's a T6 Cruiser, so on behalf of the factions hurting for some Cruisers, THANK YOU CRYPTIC/PW!!
    4069267.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Green Lantern Vs. Orange Lantern[/SIGPIC]
    Captain Mal Jordan, Starfleet and Green Lantern Corps
    Commander Lex Luthor, KDF Science Corps
    Lt. Kal-El, RRF Science Officer
    Lt. Dark Knight, KDF Tactical Officer
    edited August 2018
    Welp, missed a day of grinding because a thunderstorm knocked out my internet, but I'll have it tonight and be able to test the Vogon White Star.

EDIT: Ok, it turns out the Competitive rep omni beam and Krenim omni beam lock each other out, so I made the competitive one a crafted.
    Post edited by starswordc on
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I had full nukara sets laying around so I geared up that ship with the nukara stuff plus a few extra fleet tet beams. Wasn't bad, it could kill stuff in the Badlands where I leveled it but the whole thing felt painful because if of the ship itself and not so much the gear.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    edited August 2018
    Verdict on the Vogon White Star (alternative version): The mine part of it is kind of meh but the rest of it is surprisingly effective for something I built basically as a joke. It handles pretty well -- Inertia 30, 24.8 deg/sec unbuffed, and that's just enough to be able to powerslide and keep the beams on target, and the Refracting Tet shreds enemies after you bunch them up with Gravity Well.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    I think i will put the Piercing tetryon DC and turret and some other tetryon mission reward stuff on my 2nd build.
    First one is pretty standard with nukara set and some resonating tetryon beam arrays.

Been a bit short on time to play and test various combos.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.