test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FED Bridge Officer traits

theron1992theron1992 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Am I the only one that finds it annoying that out of the main FED members species Bridge Officers only humans have a space trait? I think it would be an easy fix to start giving new Bridge Officers random traits that give a buff to weapons or sheilds or exotic damage. That way you can have a more diverse crew of Bolians Andorians Vulcans Tellarites etc., while still having buffs to your ship in combat. This seems like an easy thing to do, but it must not be since it hasn't happened yet.

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Feds do have access to officers with better traits, rather through fleet, duty officer system or lock boxes. They can use Tactical Romulan Officers from the Fleet Embassy that have really good traits. Getting to T4 in Diplomacy also gives the ability to claim one cross faction Bridge Officer, one of which can be a Nausicaan with the pirate trait. The Hierarchy Science Boff that you get from the Delta arc is also a pirate. There are options.

I do agree though that I wish the Federation Races like Andorians had at least 1 space trait. As it is right now, you can't make an all human or even 'all federation' bridge crew unless you don't care about space traits.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    That's my point exactly, I know there are those options I just wish We could have FED Officers with these traits. I know on the ROM side of things there are different levels of traits and it is random.

I don't think it's asking for much that FED member species have random space traits upon recruitment. I wouldn't mind changing my entire bridge crew to get some space traits in.

It can event be through DOFF recruitment missons, that would be a way to not make it too easy to just buy them from the Bridge Officer store.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, the traits on the officers I mentioned aren't random.. they're fixed, but other then that, I am in agreement with you.

I kind of think the officer traits are one of the few small attempts at balance that effect Feds. If we're being honest, feds have the best of everything, they get the largest selection of ships, and usually even the few things that are KDF or Romulan only eventually make their way to the Fed players one way or another.

The fact that Romulans are the only ones that get Superior Romulan Operatives, and the KDF ability to farm Contraband and recruit Pirate officers are the few things that they have over Feds. I kind of doubt that will get changed. I still agree though, I plan to make an all Andorian crew and the way it is now, I'll just be sacrificing the space traits. It's kind of a shame that I have to do that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree FED has it pretty easy. I just think it would be fun, because I'd like to have just about every FED member species on my crew. You think the DEV team will look at this thread? I mean we can't be the only two that think this.