test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lieutenant B'eta Missions Unlock?

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Klingon Discussion
I have a KDF-aligned Jem'Hadar and Cardassian, but can't figure out why I cannot unlock Lt B'eta missions. Those missions are listed in her Wiki Page.
https://sto.gamepedia.com/B'Eta
My Jem'Hadar and Cardassian are Lv65.

My Cardassian has played through Empire and Warzone story arcs. None of B'eta's missions show up in the Available or In-Progress tabs for missions. I talk to her in First City, this is all I get:
9FdPnmG.jpg
She says the same thing to my Jem'Hadar and I still lack the appearance of these missions in Available and In-Progress mission tabs.

What am I missing to unlock these missions?
XzRTofz.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Have you done Neutered No More on Ganalda?

Neutral No More? That's a Romulan one.

Went to Ganalda Station, there are only 2 possible mission givers there. My Cardassian did a mission that involved going to N'Vak. Did a mission there at B'eta's missions then unlocked.

I went to Ganalda Station later with my Jem'Hadar and the 2 mission givers there give no mission options.

FFS, my Jem'Hadar can't even get the Empire Defense missions from Lieutenant Commander Mara.
    Post edited by warmaker001b on
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think those missions get unlocked as your character goes through the low level stuff on the mission lists. Have you tried doing those, yet?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I think those missions get unlocked as your character goes through the low level stuff on the mission lists. Have you tried doing those, yet?

Outside the Dominion specific stuff I already completed, the lowest level, old "KDF" mission is "Skirmish." I went and did that and there's still nothing. Will try the next mission.
    "Spin the Wheel" also completed just now, still nothing.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Well, tomorrow, I will check my level 11 KDF characters and see if it is unlocked for them, yet. They just completed "Keep Your Enemies Closer" and "Skirmish" is next in line.

My Jems have not finished the Gamma arc yet....Too busy on Risa.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    you find Lt. Beta outside the challenge floor on Qo'noS. walk up to her and do her tutorials, and the wrappers will unlock.

It wasn't like that for my Cardassian, I ended up having to go into N'Vak and do an instance run there and it opened up B'eta's missions.

For my Jem'Hadar, no dialogue option opens up to do anything for B'eta. But there is a mission to do N'Vak 3 times so I'm giving that a whirl. I've done 1/3 so far before I had to get off, will do the rest later today.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This morning during Flying High... I checked on my Level 12 Rom/KDF Aligned and saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/mxSZaOJ.jpg

So, Empire Defense Federation tutorial is available at, I assume, Level 10. Why you are not seeing it after getting past where my character is at in the mission log. I am not sure.

The other two guys are on Ganalda....which is probably what Armada Leader was pointing to...(and I unwittingly did the foot work on for him...well played, Ruin.)

His name is Torbak.... he has PvP stuff, too.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Torbak

And Menbet....he has a PvP mission called "Seizing Enemy Material".

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Menbet

BTW...this may be the mission you are doing, now.

"Seizing Enemy Material" is "Enter any War Zone by travelling to N'Vak in the Qo'nos Sector or Kerrat in the Donatu Sector." And complete 5 missions...though wiki is not really clear what 5 missions mean? If that means clearing the map 5 times, which takes forever. Or just collect 5 objectives...which is shorter.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Seizing_Enemy_Material

Why THAT unlocks B'Eta for you...not sure.

I have time now...I will go see what an actual KDF character has unlocked, by just mission progression.

• Options
    OK....I just checked my Level 11 KDF characters (I have 4)...they do NOT have any missions from B'Eta, either.

And as I mentioned previously, my character's next mission is: "Skirmish".

And their "Available" tab in the mission log.....looks the same as the Rom. They have Mara (Federation Empire Defense tutorial) and Torbak and Menbet with the PvP missions. That's it.

Still not clear when B'Eta's missions are supposed to unlock.
    Let me take one of my characters to First City and see what B'Eta says to them.

• Options
    ON First City....B'Eta is not unlocked...doesn't have an icon above her head to indicate she has any missions for me.

I have no idea when B'Eta would unlock for regular KDF character (after which mission in the list) because I haven't got there, yet. And I really did not pay attention when I leveled the last characters. But, obviously, at a higher level than 11 or 12.

On another note: flew over to Ganalda Station.... Menbet and Torbak do have icons above their heads and I can interact with them. (Geez...flying over from Qo'nos to Ganalda on Tier 2 ship makes me want to take a nap.)

• Options
    So, this afternoon I completed the remaining 2/3 of N'Vak with my KDF-Jem'Hadar. Here is the mission I finished just before I claim the rewards.
    JZRxpUW.jpg

However, I still do not get B'eta's missions nor the Empire Defense missions to show up. I went back to First City just to make sure, maybe I had to see the NPC face to face to get the missions. But the 2 NPCs still have the same lack of missions for me to take and work on.
    CIMuQkf.jpg
    8dSAhBI.jpg

After this I then went to Ganalda Station to see if dialogue options open up for me to work towards unlocking the missions.
    WIYPvMA.jpg
    A8KWz1n.jpg

Nothing shows up at all. I can't do anything.

For Empire Defense, since I was getting no dialogue, no mission popups, no trail at all to pick it up, I decided to go to Kahless Expanse and just see if I can get in there and the mission is granted upon arrival. It turns out I can't even enter Kahless Expanse as KDF-Jem'Hadar.
    Cnq9go3.jpg

I'm at a complete dead end.

XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    My KDF-Cardassian has the proper faction missions, to include Empire Defense...
    rITOR1R.jpg

And Lieutenant B'eta's numerous missions.
    6WSuEyT.jpg

KDF-Jem'Hadar are broken in faction quests.

XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    OH, I should have taken pictures while I was there. The icons for the mission givers that worked didn't have the "I" icon.... they had a "Q" icon above their heads indicating I had a quest available. That is probably the same for all my Level 65s, too, since I never did any of the PvP tutorials.

I guess, I should go look at one of my Level 65 characters and see what the list is supposed to look like. I only looked at the Level 11 and 12 ones that don't have it all unlocked.

But still...I have no idea at which point in the mission arc or at which Level B'Eta stuff unlocks. She had no icon above her head at all, since she had nothing to give me.

I can check when I hit Level 20 and 30 and 40 but it may take me a while as I am taking a vaca on Risa right now... And read in the patch notes they added a XP weekend on the calendar after Risa is done, I will not be playing my low level toons.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Boy, these Jem'Hadars have a LOT of problems, don't they?
    You got one of those Vanguard ones??? Or is that a regular one?

Thank gods I did not spend money on mine.

As for Empire Defense at the Kahless Expanse...or any of the locations...I believe that you have to pick up the mission first.

I signed out of the game already tonight because I am tee'd off at all the lag messing up my horga'hn hunts.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Boy, these Jem'Hadars have a LOT of problems, don't they?
    You got one of those Vanguard ones??? Or is that a regular one?

Thank gods I did not spend money on mine.

As for Empire Defense at the Kahless Expanse...or any of the locations...I believe that you have to pick up the mission first.

I signed out of the game already tonight because I am tee'd off at all the lag messing up my horga'hn hunts.

Vanguard captain, yes. He can't even get the missions to even enter Kahless Expanse. I got that screenshot above where Lieutenant Commander Mara, who issues the Kahless Expanse missions, doesn't even give the option.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    It is too bad. The Empire Defenses is one of my favorites...since the Exploration Clusters got pulled.

Oh, I found the Commander J'Vek on my Level 65 characters....that one called "Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves" that you were doing. It is one of those "Daily" reward missions...decent payoff 1440DL and 50FM.
    I assume, reserved for upper level characters. I wonder if that unlocks along with Lieutenant Commander B'Eta.

One of my Level 65 KDF characters does not have the Menbet PvP missions....and I am not sure why. I will have to run her over to Ganalda Station and to see if it is broken on her. This is my first and oldest KDF character, too, from when I had to level a Fed to get the unlock. And I have no idea why this would even be.

• Options
    I was kind of hoping this bit from the 8/2/18 patch notes would fix some of these issues, i.e. the various Kahless Expanse-like zone access for KDF-Jem'Hadar.

"Resolved an issue that blocked Dominion faction characters from accessing various systems within the game."

Unfortunately it hasn't. My Jem'Hadar cannot enter the various Kahless Expanse-like zones. The problem still exists with some of these KDF faction missions from B'eta, Mara, Torbek, Menbet still don't give dialogue options to open them.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Stuff still broken as before.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Well, XP bonus is over, so I will likely be back to leveling my KDF by this weekend. I will keep an eye on which mission unlocks it for my ladies. Though you are likely well past all of them by now (due to Risa detour for me).

• Options
    I am almost there with the Lethean. He is at Level 16...sitting outside Drozana Station debating...should I be doing this nightmare inducing "Bonnie Kin" voice mission before bedtime and get up to Level 17? LOL!

Anyhoo...nothing unlocked at Level 15 (I was thinking B'Eta might)....but R&D unlocked at Level 16. I may just plow on tomorrow.

• Options
    Lethean is now Level 20. No unlock on B'Eta quests.

Commander B'Emara in the Barracks unlocked at Level 20. She gives the tutorial "Leading the Way"....that is the one where you take a tour of First City and talk to NPCs.

Note: at Level 18 or 19...I got another Tutorial from both Lt. Cmdr Mara (Empire Defense lady) and Lt. Cmdr Torbak (PvP guy).

It seems as if this stuff is unlocking with Levels, now....not the mission completed. Except for "Traleus Sattelite Repair" which unlocks after "Spin the Wheel" (I think. Eh, it is one of those Devidian ones).

• Options
    Your Lethean should be fine. My Cardassian got the unlocks as she should because she starts off like a normal faction character, from the start. The Jem'Hadar are broken because they don't start normal and are literally plopped into late stages once they complete the mandatory Gamma Quadrant stuff.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Your Lethean should be fine. My Cardassian got the unlocks as she should because she starts off like a normal faction character, from the start. The Jem'Hadar are broken because they don't start normal and are literally plopped into late stages once they complete the mandatory Gamma Quadrant stuff.

Yeah, that is why I was saying: unlocking with level not which missions are completed.
    Jem'Hadars are already at the top level, everything should be unlocked.

The programmer (or who ever) that set up the Jem'Hadar connected the main mission arc....but whatever they did, did not connect the specific faction's quests and side line assignments.

For example: Lt. Cmdr Mara's Empire Defenses, Lt. B'Eta's missions. I am not sure the Patrol missions got unlocked for the Fed side Jem'hadars, either.

But I am not paying attention to the Fed stuff, too much. I don't really play Fed.

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I believe B'eta now unlocks at 20 after you do the Warzone tutorial.
  • Options
    6 months later and this problem is still the same.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, and 6 months later: Lethean is still at Level 20. Waiting on time when his missions are together, Events are over, and there is not Extra XP week going on.

• Options
    7 months later, this problem still persists.
    XzRTofz.gif