test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still worth playing?

weylin1988weylin1988 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I haven't played for years, not even sure if my characters still exist or if they got TRIBBLE and emptied out or not.
Anyhow, I'm returning to the game to see what condition it is in, and maybe inviting some friends along if it seems well enough off.

I remember being hyped for this game many many years ago before it released, hoping we would have player crews and being able to play a small role on a big ship. It's sad that that never happened, but still turned out to be a decent MMO experience.

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    No everything is horrible, so you should just send me all your stuff and never play again!
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    then star trek bridge crew would be something for you. episodes in sto are nice. between episode releases, there are some hunting and gathering stuff but those are not for everyone...
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Player crews would have caused too much problems. Not finding any friends to join up with, deciding who should take all the bridge positions, and dealing with problematic players would cause problems. After all, many players want to be the Captain, but very few want to be the Communications Officer or Yeoman.

Although, it would have made sense for us to spend more time as a crewman instead of getting control of the Captain's seat almost immediately after graduating Starfleet Academy. We almost get promoted to Captain as fast as Captain Kirk from Star Trek 2009.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Player crews would have caused too much problems. Not finding any friends to join up with, deciding who should take all the bridge positions, and dealing with problematic players would cause problems. After all, many players want to be the Captain, but very few want to be the Communications Officer or Yeoman.

Although, it would have made sense for us to spend more time as a crewman instead of getting control of the Captain's seat almost immediately after graduating Starfleet Academy. We almost get promoted to Captain as fast as Captain Kirk from Star Trek 2009.

the tutorial makes more sense, though.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg