test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vor’cha

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    A lot of the new "Klingon" Battlecruisers are awful Klingon Battlecruisers.

Except for the Klingon Miranda, so many fly like sh*t. They're awful DHC boats which has always been a tradition of the Klingon Battlecruiser in STO. Hell, not only do the new "Klingon" Miracle Worker Cruisers fly like sh*t, they can't even slot DC / DHCs.

If a Tier 6 Vor'Cha were to ever happen the more realistic route is Cryptic will make the Lt Universal (really mandatory SCI) a LtCmdr station. Ruin is right in criticizing that slot as a "no choice" because it's pretty stupid to leave off SCI in a build.

That said, I can make it work.
    LtCmdr TAC
    Lt TAC
    Cmdr ENG
    Ens ENG
    LtCmdr UNIV (Mandatory SCI)

I can make that work well. Enough TAC & ENG abilities to do what I want in a DHC Battlecruiser, as well as the agility to make DHC play work. Mogh doesn't cut it, it's a pig and can't really make best use of the 5/3 layout.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I been saying for years the Tork is the best KDF Klingon design ship we have and still use it to this day. its made for Cannons using anything else is waste of the ships abilities.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited August 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »

Now, while I'm sure we KDF players would all love to see a new, updated, modernized Vorcha, the real truth is that based on the possible paths available to it at this stage in the game, the only possible outcomes are going to end in disappointment and be used as a justification for "KDF Ships Don't Sell".

It doesn't stop Cryptic from making a non-stop stream of C-Store / Lobi / Promo Pack ships that nobody cares about.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • noven2000noven2000 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I agree they aren’t concentrating on the three main factions anymore. They are simply make new stuff not related to the main factions guess they ran out of ideas.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    noven2000 wrote: »
    I agree they aren’t concentrating on the three main factions anymore. They are simply make new stuff not related to the main factions guess they ran out of ideas.

They are concentrating on enticing new players in....with the new Star Trek stuff.
    They don't want to cater to jaded players, who don't spend (time or money) on the game any more.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    patrickngo wrote: »
    tbh here, their marketing strategy is lifted straight from CCGs (Collectible Card Games) like Magic:The Gathering, or collectible miniatures games like Wizkids produced (Mechwarrior, MSH), where sets are introduced as more powerful, and old sets get 'retired' via 'rebalancing' to stimulate sales.

It's a pretty standard model in wargaming, we see it with WH40K as well, but the main thrust is that they have to 'refresh' the powercreep periodically to maintain sufficient sales to stay in business. the downside is, this model is also a 'revolving door' model; player retention isn't as important as bringing new faces into the game.

Not that it isn't important, so long as the players retained are the 'Whale' types who will invest the time and money to keep up with the powercreep rotation.

I don't know about all these other games.... BUT....

I do see the "sets are introduced as more powerful, and old sets get 'retired' via 'rebalancing' to stimulate sales".

And I want off of that train. Which is why I am not buying anything but stuff for cosmetic reasons ...."rotating power creep" can go hang.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited August 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    patrickngo wrote: »
    tbh here, their marketing strategy is lifted straight from CCGs (Collectible Card Games) like Magic:The Gathering, or collectible miniatures games like Wizkids produced (Mechwarrior, MSH), where sets are introduced as more powerful, and old sets get 'retired' via 'rebalancing' to stimulate sales.

It's a pretty standard model in wargaming
    To be fair, this model actually makes some degree of sense in an MMO, if it represents time progressing and better technolergy and equipment being invented. This is how it works in real life, after all: Time passes, newer, better wargear gets invented. We aren't using old flintlock muskets anymore, everyone had to go buy new guns.

That's not how things are shown in this game.

We have ships, weapons from all eras of Star Trek being just as effective as new, cutting edge technology.
    We have ships, weapons from before the Federation even existed, ENT-era stuff competing just as well as "modern" stuff.
    We have Discovery / TOS-era weapons, ships in the game doing just as well.
    We have old TNG-era stuff doing just as well.

If this game were truly showing the evolution, advancement of weapons and ship technology, then we would not be seeing old ships, weapons. The Galaxy, Sovereign would be the equivalent of a TNG-era Excelsior, heavily upgraded with new tech but still surpassed by new designs.

Simply put, STO is a themepark of sorts of Star Trek. Everything is included in the game, all eras of Trek are represented, even the alternate universe JJ-Trek stuff which is ancient technology compared to what should be fielded in STO's 2409/2411 setting.

It's one thing if this game with it's "future" 2409/2411 showed us stuff like Vor'Cha, Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant as lowly Tier 1 ships, all surpassed by new designs. We leave those old ships as ancient relics that they are, but that's not how STO is. Not when we got ENT-era Andorian ships cutting through Iconians and other modern era threats with powerful modern technology themselves.
    XzRTofz.gif
    this is mostly directed at ruin the fun. but here is my T5 Vor'cha and it really hasn't changed much in several years other than dropping two aft turrets in favor of omni beams when they came out. and I was thrilled for the Mogh and stuff and bought them up quick and it only took one mission to see just how bad it was. it can not for my play style at least do what my Vor'cha can do. and neither can any ship in the KDF that has been released at T6. I will also say though I will not fly alien ships for any amount of time beyond getting the ships trait. then they get dry docked or scraped all together https://youtu.be/YGC1hpn4Bhc and it can consistently get 1st in the crystal entity. which isn't saying much except that its in the Ques with T6 ships every time. and it still wins it.

I just bought the T-5 Vor'cha (for an Admiralty card). I should try it out.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

If you mean the T5 level 40 one, don't expect much, as it's using the old designed layout that has almost no Tac (Lt. and Ens. Tac). The Fleet T5 was a remix of the layout that, IMO at least, paved the way for the current Battle Cruiser layout and is still a decent layout, though you'll likely want to T5-U it to get the scaling hull and Mastery that gives more armor, hull, and Critical Damage.

tom61sto wrote: »

If you mean the T5 level 40 one, don't expect much, as it's using the old designed layout that has almost no Tac (Lt. and Ens. Tac). The Fleet T5 was a remix of the layout that, IMO at least, paved the way for the current Battle Cruiser layout and is still a decent layout, though you'll likely want to T5-U it to get the scaling hull and Mastery that gives more armor, hull, and Critical Damage.

Yes, T5 Vor'cha. Not gonna bother to spend for a upgrade token.
    Besides, I doubt I will gain any mastery, I don't play enough.

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I give it 3 days to a week, before the stats are released, showing it to be a temporal T6 version of the Mirror Universe Vor'cha, instead of the T6 version of the Tor'Kaht.
    what? is there a link to where they mention anything about this? please post it.

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    But we got one. Patrickngo, would you like some chilli sauce with your hat...?
    edited September 2018

never mind the link I found it. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998853

I just hope its got good stats and we can change the skin. I didn't see that design when archer was in the future but you did see vor'chas not sure why they rename it and not just call it a refit and keep the canon looks about it.

edited September 2018
    I saw the news, pretty excited. In all likeliness, the new KDF ship will have that modern skin and an unimproved Vor'Cha skin. As per this thread already, we can have a rough idea what the stats are going to be already like, including the Universal Station that isn't really quite Universal :)

With this ship's arrival, all the main canon KDF ships from the TOS-> Dominion War will have arrived in Tier 6.
    B'Rel somehow made it.
    Negh'Var also.
    Vor'Cha soon.
    Even the D7 / K'T'Inga.
    XzRTofz.gif
    and the console it coming with will it be a two piece set since we don't have a c store vorcha to combine with it? and will its stats be as they should or copied and pasted from the fed ship. as they have done in past.

Aren't all ships copies, these days?

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Aren't all ships copies, these days?

yes, I don't think kdf has gotten a ship that not a copy and paste in the c-store since the kor or Kolasi. which is why I think that maybe the t-6 vor'cha may not be a t-6 vor'cha.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Turn rate is what I am looking at.
    I loved the Anniversary Kamarag. Never used the Vor'cha. Or Tor'Kaht.

I wonder if Cryptic rolled Kamarag stats together with the Vor'cha to come up with this incarnation. ??? Waiting for the next Dev blog, sitting on the edge of my seat.

This discussion has been closed.