test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase 24 Mechanics Info

enemyunknowntmenemyunknowntm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hi there!
I've been away from the game for two years and after returning i've decided to run Starbase 24 to remember my rotations, check new skills etc.
Before running it i've leveled my character to 65 just to clarify. The problem is a few times i ended first i ended up with two mk I very rare gear rewards and i was "What the...?".
So i asked for GM support not sure if it was a bug or a change in mechanics to avoid sending a ticket right away but despite waiting 3-4 hours (i've asked twice, a day each appart) no one responded. Then i googled it. Nothing. Then searched the forums. I've found a post but no answer.
So i'm asking here again trying to figure which is which.
What's the deal? Bug or change in mechanics? Is this only in Starbase 24 or something else, too?
It'd be nice to know.

Best Answers

• ruinthefunruinthefun Member Posts: 2,182 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Normal. It has to do with how SB24 now determines the map level. Also, MK 1 is good, you don't want high mark purples, those are guaranteed worthless.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    This only happens on Starbase 24 and some other ground queue maps.. Like for example "The big dig" etc.

It's because players with really low levels can join, and the game doesn't know the difference it seems.. So rewards and drops are usually Mark I...

If you play queues with level requirements, you'll get awards that are Mark XIII etc.

Answers

• enemyunknowntmenemyunknowntm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Normal. It has to do with how SB24 now determines the map level. Also, MK 1 is good, you don't want high mark purples, those are guaranteed worthless.

Yeah, but i'm doing it to sell them or salvage. I can make mkII very rare gear through R&D with negligible cost.
    This only happens on Starbase 24 and some other ground queue maps.. Like for example "The big dig" etc.

It's because players with really low levels can join, and the game doesn't know the difference it seems.. So rewards and drops are usually Mark I...

If you play queues with level requirements, you'll get awards that are Mark XIII etc.

Thanks for the info, i remember if you were low lvl during STFs it scaled you up, so i guess now the reward is matching the lowlest lvl in the STF. I couldn't find any info on that change though, no matter how much i searched.