test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Phoenix Prize Pack Returns!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Phoenix Prize Pack is returning on PC, with brand new prizes!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10955433

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Great news, I'm very happy to see the Voth fangs being included in this pack.

The Kobali uniform is also a great addition, I'll definitely get it for some toons.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    note zombie outfit works on jem'hadar at least somewhat, so everyone remember to get it for them if no one else.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Onna on DS9 does not work for the quest: Pick up a prize pack.

IF you pick up this quest from Onna (like I did...because my new Jem'Hadar character was already there)
    you will have to take your character over to Drozana station to talk to Grym to FINISH it.

Use the FREE Transwarp for the Risa Event.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sayanatinasayanatina Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Would be nice if Oona would let you turn in the quest to her instead of having to run to Drozana.
  • nozevinet#1097 nozevinet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Nostalgic poster reminder of season 9 is a nice touch
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

IF you pick up this quest from Onna (like I did...because my new Jem'Hadar character was already there)
    you will have to take your character over to Drozana station to talk to Grym to FINISH it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

I always got to DS9. I have no idea where Grym even is. I mean yeah I can find him, but the inconvenience...and the won't even let me PUNCH HIM for it!
  • sto4me2sto4me2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User

i had the same problem with my Jem'hader (vengaurd).
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Will the ISS Stadi ever be added? That's pretty much the only thing I care about anymore, since the drop rate for epics is ridiculously low and have everything else
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since when do we need to go to Drozana to turn in the freebie? If you're doing this to increase the Played Time Metrics©®™, you have succeeded in spades.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • axeldarckaxeldarck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Who helps me pls? get caught in a part of the game(si saben hablar español mucho mejor D:)
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Since when do we need to go to Drozana to turn in the freebie? If you're doing this to increase the Played Time Metrics©®™, you have succeeded in spades.

They broke Onna, probably with the DS9 revamp. Seriously, though? it's a couple of minutes extra at most, and will probably be fixed by next time this runs. Not everything is some nefarious plot to con you out of your time. They already have one of those going on on Risa, anyway.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

sayanatina wrote: »
    Would be nice if Oona would let you turn in the quest to her instead of having to run to Drozana.
    canis36 wrote: »
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

I always got to DS9. I have no idea where Grym even is. I mean yeah I can find him, but the inconvenience...and the won't even let me PUNCH HIM for it!
    sto4me2 wrote: »
    i had the same problem with my Jem'hader (vengaurd).

I asked about Onna during the Phoenix Prize Pack event two months ago, when the new DS9 was still on Tribble. A dev said that she would be added in "the next push". Well, they remembered to add her, but they forgot to test her. Or they tested the part where you grab the mission, but they forgot to test the part where you turn it in to claim the Phoenix Prize Pack.

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8gqyoj/tribble_bug_ds9_boff_trainer/dykn46s/
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I just used an alt that was near drozana as the token is account wide so it doesn't really matter which one visits.

I'm sure the bajorans love having a gamblebox trader parked outside the temple on their station but I suppose the place is so cramped now there's not many other places to put them until j'mpok vacates his broom cupboard.
    Who said anything about a nefarious©®™ plot, robbing me of time? You know, last night when I posted that comment I realized that I had forgotten the smiley/winky face and was going to edit to add. Then I said - nah, no one is going to take it as a serious complaint, especially with the ©®™ in there. Well...

I have added an extra :) ;) in this post to make up for my negligence. :) :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    You were going on about the metrics that you tend to blame for everything. It's the same thing.

By the way, I timed it today, using the Beta Quadrant Risa Sector transwarp and slipstream, it took under 45 seconds longer to get to Drozana than it would have taken to get to DS9 with the transwarp to within the system. I would call anything beyond that about equal. You have to travel further into each system to get the ability to dock, and Grym can't be significantly further from the transporters than Onna.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The only real drawback to Drozana is the damned VO Ferengi docking dweeb. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEE him! I've taken to answering his false statement that they have everything I need for my vacation with, "The only thing I need for my vacation is your death!" And that's on my mild FED characters. What my Gorn hisses back is filtered out by the Universal Translator.

The REALLY terrible part is you hear it coming AND going! They ought to spawn outgoing ships outside the welcome message range, and spawn incoming ships within docking distance. For ALL social planets/stations. Or simply eliminate that VO. He sounds like Floyd (the Dim-wit Barber of Mayberry) on the Andy Griffith Show.
    Post edited by vorwoda on
    edited July 2018
    More apparent in his glory

https://youtu.be/Tk4i7OKWSJw
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I've been spending a bit of my time the last couple of days Transwarping to the Azure Nebula, etc. to get to Narenda to commiserate with the USS Sally Ride. Problem is worse here than having to take a quick trip to Drozana. Every Character who has Transwarped to Azure, Qo'noS, or New Romulus ends up going in a totally different direction after clicking on Narenda on the Sector Map and setting course there.

No company in their right mind would do something like this DS9/Drozana kerfuffle on purpose especially to boost a stupid Metric. It is obvious that it's a scr*w up related to the DS9 revamp.

Side Note: I really thought with the revamp they would get rid of the coughing/sneezing/flexing NPCs. I guess they didn't want to lower the NPC Activity Metric©®™. :D
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm getting that too - in fact it's a general inability to plot a course until i move the ship around a little left and right first.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ulfgarionulfgarion Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I've been spending a bit of my time the last couple of days Transwarping to the Azure Nebula, etc. to get to Narenda to commiserate with the USS Sally Ride. Problem is worse here than having to take a quick trip to Drozana. Every Character who has Transwarped to Azure, Qo'noS, or New Romulus ends up going in a totally different direction after clicking on Narenda on the Sector Map and setting course there.

No company in their right mind would do something like this DS9/Drozana kerfuffle on purpose especially to boost a stupid Metric. It is obvious that it's a scr*w up related to the DS9 revamp.

Side Note: I really thought with the revamp they would get rid of the coughing/sneezing/flexing NPCs. I guess they didn't want to lower the NPC Activity Metric©®™. :D

This happens all the time after a map transfer. Just fly and turn your ship, then open the map and set the autonavigate destination.

The system seems to have an issue after a map transfer to alter your flight direction. Once you have a movement direction (just start flying in one direction is not always enough, sometimes i need to turn the ship, just a few degree is enough) the system works.

I guess the informations for alignment and movement is not set directly after a map transfer so the system for changing your movement can't work (0point exception?!).
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User

So.....great phoenix prize....so when is the orbital devastation beam for the Jem Hadar Engineers going to stop being a plasma beam?

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The Kobali uniform is not an account unlock, you have to buy it once per toon.
    As it originally was. Each Character had to run 'Dust to Dust' to unlock it. And that's where the rub is for me. I had a list that had each Character and the special Rewards from 'Dust to Dust' at the time.

As I ran the Mission I'd cross off the item. Near the end about half my Characters had the Uniform checked off. At the time when the final Special Reward was unlocked (Shield I believe) I got that. I figured that I could run the Mission later for the rest, including Uniform.

Little did I know at the time, and NOT STATED IN THE BLOGS, the Uniform was going to disappear at the end of the Featured Episode run. That supposedly was stated by a Developer in the midst of a rather many page Forum Thread. I became aware of the missing Uniform when one of my Characters was on Kobali Prime, finished 'Dust to Dust', went to the Tailor on Kobali after not getting the choice for the outfit and not having it in Wardrobe either.

Yeah, I'm getting it now for those other Characters but do not like how this whole thing played out.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Why are these Tokens locked to the account? I have an Epic and an Ultra Rare catching dust in my bank....I wouldn't mind passing it along to friends looking for them (friends not the peanut gallery here in the forums).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Not good luck during this Phoenix Prize Pack run, but with Cryptic's "luck" towards me I wasn't expecting an awesome Epic or an Ultra rare.

I have to state though extremely generous of Cryptic & that Humble Bundle for offering this package to everyone for a lengthy time to not miss it so that is appreciated. Maybe I'll get lucky with those three Phoenixes lol.