test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/18/18

2»

Comments

• adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Still no blockage for opening lockboxes for the Belgian & Dutch players, as both governments have concluded that lootboxes/lockboxes are gambling and are forbidden.

The lockboxes in STO work differently than most other games, they are legal. Even in Belgium and the Netherlands... Stop bringing this up every day.

Some reading before you react: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/apr/26/belgium-is-right-to-legislate-against-video-game-loot-boxes

• huskerr1huskerr1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Noone forces you to buy Lock Box Keys and open them. It's entirely up to you, actually. Also all 3 of the mentioned games have to be bought. Last time I checked, you dont have to spend anything on STO :P
  • bobbearwarriorbobbearwarrior Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Will the 3 hour update be 3 hours solid, or might it be 3 hours or less?
    s-l1000.jpg

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Still no blockage for opening lockboxes for the Belgian & Dutch players, as both governments have concluded that lootboxes/lockboxes are gambling and are forbidden.

The lockboxes in STO work differently than most other games, they are legal. Even in Belgium and the Netherlands... Stop bringing this up every day.

Some reading before you react: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/apr/26/belgium-is-right-to-legislate-against-video-game-loot-boxes

Stop making up stuff about my country. I am Dutch, accordingly live in the Netherlands, and I can assure you, STO lock boxes are completely legal here.

Also, this is not the proper venue to be having this discussion.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Why is there a patch today instead of Thursday? I am confused. As far as I know there is no major holiday on July 18th. So what gives?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Tier 3:
    Future Flyer Powerboard
    Crystal Radiation Projector
    Furiadon Fangs
    Console - Universal - Interphasic Instability
    Tier 4:
    Varel (Doff)
    Kobali Soldier Uniform
    Starship Mastery Unlock: Theta Radiation Infused Maneuverer

Awesome. Thank you !
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    STO's Official Facebook Page post says....all platforms get maintenance today....only PC gets a patch. NO MAINTENANCE on THURSDAY for PC.

V0523ne.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    So patch today in anticipation of something from the patch needing patched tomorrow?

Just a thought but maybe the popper balloons are nocturnal.

Probably patch today to (hopefully) ensure that there isn't a "skills invalid" problem for all of the Jem'Hadar when the recruitment event ends.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Nice copy and paste as usual.
    https://imgur.com/a/1NEbAeQ

Also, why is the Phoenix Box announcement in the patch notes and not it's own announcement? Don't want people to know it's active?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Nice copy and paste as usual.
    https://imgur.com/a/1NEbAeQ

Also, why is the Phoenix Box announcement in the patch notes and not it's own announcement? Don't want people to know it's active?

You just needed to be patient, the Phoenix Box announcement has the info from the patch notes and now is present in the News section. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Season 9 is upon us!!!!

Is that why onna on ds9 isn't giving out the boxes?
This discussion has been closed.