test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advanced and Elite Ques should have time limit.

2»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    trennan wrote: »
    Nope, you can get every Elite mark from the 100 mark trade in per day, in the reputation itself. It just takes longer is all. So, no, the queues are not the only way to get the Elite Mark. Just the fastest.

If you want a complete set it's 5 Elite Marks per piece. If you want a 3 or 4 piece set that's almost a month of 1/day conversions, not to mention it's 1500-2000 marks. It's not reasonable to think that the majority of players are going to be that patient or spend that many marks.

Some reps like Iconian have other ways of getting the marks, but there are a few that don't. If you want something like Borg it takes you a month to get the entire set. Newer players might not even know that's an option..

Regular queues are completely dead, it's perfectly reasonable to think that most players are going to queue for advanced. Luckily, these queues are easy enough that these guys can be carried along.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The real question, obviously, is "why is the reward system so badly designed as to work in reverse, such that the only people who could reasonably expect to complete the content on own merits are the ones who likely have nothing to gain from doing so"? Does it not strike anyone as fundamentally backwards that the system is only feasibly done by those who have nothing to gain from doing so anymore, and everyone else who is doing things for the purpose of getting things essentially has to be carried by people who have nothing to actually gain from doing so?

Man.. nailed it.

This is all 100% dead on. It's so accurate it's painful.

Some of the pain also comes from how true it is.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Regular queues are completely dead, it's perfectly reasonable to think that most players are going to queue for advanced. Luckily, these queues are easy enough that these guys can be carried along.
    The real question, obviously, is "why is the reward system so badly designed as to work in reverse, such that the only people who could reasonably expect to complete the content on own merits are the ones who likely have nothing to gain from doing so"? Does it not strike anyone as fundamentally backwards that the system is only feasibly done by those who have nothing to gain from doing so anymore, and everyone else who is doing things for the purpose of getting things essentially has to be carried by people who have nothing to actually gain from doing so?
    Because for players to have something to gain from gear rewards, Cryptic would need to make content where those gear rewards are necessary, which goes against their "all Easy Mode all the time" -policy.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Elite Marks can be gotten in many cases by doing Battlezones. Lukari and Competitive will require conversions or some Advanced Queues.

Borg - Defera Ground Hard, Probe for nothing.
    Romulan, Nakura - No Elite Marks
    Dyson - Ground BZ, kill one Rex, get 5 if all three killed.
    Undine - Space BZ, 4 if three Planet Killers destroyed and Voth repulsed in their counter-attack
    Delta, Iconian - last two areas on Kobali Prime, 2 each per day
    Terran, Temporal - Badlands BZ, 4 each if the three Stations are taken out and counter-attack repulsed
    Lukari - forget Tzen'kethi Space BZ, bugged and very frustrating, Dranuur Beach Assault or Gauntlet on Advanced
    Competitive - Binary Circuit Elite, 2
    Gamma - Gamma Quadrant BZ
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's been a long time, but I've been in advanced ques, where me, with my free T5 ship with nothing but mission/drop gear ended up being the top DPSer in there, and 20-30-40 minutes later, after lots of respawns from pulling aggro from every enemy in there, the que finally ends.

Was extremely frustrating but was also some of the most fun I have ever had in this game. Then again, to this day, I play for fun, not to see how fast I can finish something and get the rewards. I generally avoid ques nowadays because the are always one or more people in there strictly to beat is as fast as possible and get their shiney, and they suck all the fun out of it for me.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Nope, you can get every Elite mark from the 100 mark trade in per day, in the reputation itself. It just takes longer is all. So, no, the queues are not the only way to get the Elite Mark. Just the fastest.

Must be such a pain to get the Ico set that way. :'(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.