test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can neither play nor drop unlocked New Romulus Reputation missions as Jem'Hadar

paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
While leveling up my Jem'Hadar character (Aran'tikar@NCC-89471) through the New Romulus Reputation, I have unlocked two special missions: "Secret Shuttle Codes" (New Romulus: Mountain Base) at Tier II, and "Web Access" (New Romulus: Overgrown Caves) at Tier III. [There's also "Secrets of the Ancients" (New Romulus: Hwael Ruins) at Tier V but I have not unlocked that one yet.] However, these missions require the player to either contact a specific NPC at their respective locations, or find the mission in the mission journal to begin the missions; and neither of these options are available to Jem'Hadar player characters. (The entire New Romulus section of the mission journal is grayed out, and neither of the specified NPCs have those missions available when I contact them.) Furthermore the Drop button is grayed out for both these missions, so I can't remove them from my to-do list either.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    Actually, this isn't specific to Jem'Hadar characters as one of my Temporal Agents is in this exact same position.
    I've been a bit slow at levelling it and am only just approaching the end of the "Klingon War" arc. I reckon the necessary missions will unlock once I reach them on playing through.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I'm assuming here neither one of you bothered to start at the beginning of the New Romulus quests.
    Go to the romulan ambassador at your faction HQ, ie ESD for fed (Admiral Quinn's office).
    You'll get a quest pointing you at New Romulus, after which you get the next quest in the chain autobestowed...etc...etc
    Eventually you get the quests for those instances you need to do those other quests you alrdy got.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    They're like that if you haven't opened up New Romulus arc yet. If you really want to do them now, you could skip everything up to that point that you can (you can't skip anything in Yesterday's War, Lost and Found, Cold Comfort or Report on Borg Activities) and do the New Romulus missions out of order to clear the reputation cutscene missions, or you could just leave those reputation cutscene missions there until you get to the point in the story where you can do them normally. I haven't tried this on anything but a Klingon-allied Jem'Hadar, and had already finished the Spectres arc, Temporal Ambassador and Nimbus before trying, so there might be other early missions that cannot be skipped.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.