test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF allied Jem'Hadar Espionage duty officer assignment qlitch

tariser12tariser12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
My KFD allied Jem'hadar has been having some problems with espionage duty officer assignments. Some times the first duty officer slot for security officers is set to Federation instead of Klingon so it can't be assigned. It shows as no officer available (unless I have a fed security officer in which case it's available but unassignable). So far it happened with the [Extricate Intelligence Asset] and the [Secure Consulate on Ferasa] assignments.

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Just a guess. (I am not a support person)

Did you claim some R&D reward and got fed doff instead of KDF?
    -In that case, please reclaim the box again, a KDF Jemm SHOULD be able (once) reclaim in case of such error (only if got the incorrect - fed doffs instead before the issue was patched), to get the right KDF doffs instead, now.

There also may be another issue with security tab, though, affecting both KDF and FED, free and Vanguard Jemm's. It shows either a blank tab or current map's page instead of Security's.
  • Options
    Just a guess. (I am not a support person)

Did you claim some R&D reward and got fed doff instead of KDF?
    -In that case, please reclaim the box again, a KDF Jemm SHOULD be able (once) reclaim in case of such error (only if got the incorrect - fed doffs instead before the issue was patched), to get the right KDF doffs instead, now.

There also may be another issue with security tab, though, affecting both KDF and FED, free and Vanguard Jemm's. It shows either a blank tab or current map's page instead of Security's.

I reclaimed that right after it became available. The issue wasn't with the doffs themselves, but the slot they should be put in to do the assignment. Espionage assignments with the a "security officer" requirement for the first slot sometimes were marked as needing a Federation doff instead of KDF doff. So even though the KDF doff was available the slot said no Officers available when trying to assign one. The assignments were under Tactical.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I claimed the box, got the FEDs, sold them on the Exchange, and reclaimed the correct box. I've completed the entire Ferasa Consulate chain with no problems. I haven't tried the Extricate Intelligence Asset mission, though.
  • Options
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I claimed the box, got the FEDs, sold them on the Exchange, and reclaimed the correct box. I've completed the entire Ferasa Consulate chain with no problems. I haven't tried the Extricate Intelligence Asset mission, though.

OK, first don't think this is related to the research fed reward that was fixed. I got rid of the feds right after I got them, and reclaimed the correct ones when it was fixed. They were researchers and this is security officers.

I wasn't clear in the first post it only happened sometimes even on the same assignment. I've completed those assignments eventually, but several other assignments had it later. The thing they had in common was needing a "security officer" in the first slot. second slot "security officers" filled in just fine even when the first slot on the same assignment wouldn't. I haven't seen it the last few days, but that has happened before only to have it start again so I don't know if it's over or not.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    his bug still in game as of 7/17. Vanguard JHD, Espionage/Security Head Duty Officer comes up with blank quests/assignments or kicks to your "Current" Space. This is the right side, very bottom Head Duty Officer position. This effects both Fed & KDF Vanguard JHDs.

• Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I am a Starfleet Aligned Jem'Hadar Vanguard and I am continually affected by this bug:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9eRdeyJOc[/video]
    Given that one of the criteria for rewards in the Gamma Recruit program is to reach T4 in six specific DOFFing categories, obviously not being able to do one of the six is inconvenient at best, completely frustrating at worst.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    tilarta wrote: »
    Given that one of the criteria for rewards in the Gamma Recruit program is to reach T4 in six specific DOFFing categories, obviously not being able to do one of the six is inconvenient at best, completely frustrating at worst.

Umm, I just checked my own Transponder, and it's not 'six specific' categories, it's any six...

I am, however, having the same bug you show in your video, as apparently all other JH characters are having.
  • Options
    @majorhalcyon
    Yes, that is true that any six will count towards the progress.
    What I meant was that I had chosen Espionage as one of the six and that process is being impeded by not being able to access the assignments are exclusively Espionage related.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    @majorhalcyon
    What I meant was that I had chosen Espionage as one of the six and that process is being impeded by not being able to access the assignments are exclusively Espionage related.

Ahhh, gotcha...now it makes sense lol. I'm awaiting the posting of patch notes for tomorrow, to see if this (and a couple other long standing buts I'm monitoring) might be addressed...hoping so, but we'll see!
  • Options
    quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    @majorhalcyon

The tactical department head also has espionage missions.
    I was kinda thinking while they are fixing the security tab, why not chuck some recruitment missions in there...
    By the time all (but one) of my commendation ranks were maxed out recruitment was at 50k/100k :P

• Options
    Well, there was a change, just not the bugfix we were hoping for. :/:'(:s:#
    Now it just defaults to a blank page instead of screen defaulting.

@quantum42
    Yes, I am using the Tactical Department Officer until this issue is resolved.
    But in my personal opinion, it's not as efficient, since half of the assignments will be Tactical in contrast to only Espionage.

Basically, I was targeting DOFFing fields that I could find anywhere, specifically the ones offered by the Department Officers.
    To make the process easier/faster.