test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Challengers to the Resolute for Most Hated Ship prize?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I guess it seems to be agreed that the Samsar is the universally excepted 'worst of the worst.'

The Resolute is off the hook.
    "Worst" is not the same as "massive disappointment". The Samsar is a freebie T6 Fleet-grade ship that is a unique Cryptic design. The Resolute is the T6 upgrade of the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (Excelsior) and it's a C-Store ship.
    I will also submit that there is one ship that's been forgotten that is also worse then the Resolute. I give you, the steaming pile of Mediocrity that is the Concorde Command Battlecruiser.

This floating hunk of space garbage has a Lt. Universal that seems to make it better then the Resolute, but it can still only slot up to lt. level Tactical abilities while the Resolute despite it's restrictions can still run FAW III. The Concorde also doesn't have the Weapon Systems Efficiency Cruiser command which definitely sucks.
    It's bad, but I think this might come down to playstyle. The Resolute has a single Ltc Tac vs the Concorde's Lt Tac and Lt Uni. While the Concorde lacks the Weapon Systems Efficiency command, it does have Command Powers. I don't own a Command vessel, but I've been told Command Powers are not bad, and even potent in the right circumstances. It also has a hanger.

Ultimately, we are talking about disappointment. The Resolute is the next iteration of the Excelsior and it's trash. The Concorde is terrible on it's own merits, but it does not have any "legacy" to let down. It is for this reason that the Resolute will always be the worst ship in the game, to me (with an honorable mention to the Samsar).
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    redvenge wrote: »
    The Samsar is a freebie T6 Fleet-grade ship
    You mean WAS a freebie ship.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    redvenge wrote: »
    The Samsar is a freebie T6 Fleet-grade ship
    You mean WAS a freebie ship.

This also muddies the water, the Samsar is judged very differently based on what release date you consider. When the Samsar first dropped, it was a free account wide unlock. It also had a console that at the time was actually really good. The Samsar console was a must have on most of my builds at the time. Also, this was before Cryptic did their silly ‘balance update’ (round of super nerfs) that made FAW I and II much worse. At the time, FAW I or II was actually fine and the Samsar wasn’t that bad of a ship.

Cryptic actually destroyed the Samsar by nerfing everything that made it acceptable. At the time of its release, it wasn’t a bad ship. Today.. it’s awful.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Anyone who wants it these days has to cough up dil for a slight chance at even obtaining one for a few toons if lucky, that's why I corrected them with saying that it was a free ship since it isn't now. Of course it's still free to those who acquired it during the event.
  • Options
    Anyone who wants it these days has to cough up dil for a slight chance at even obtaining one for a few toons if lucky, that's why I corrected them with saying that it was a free ship since it isn't now. Of course it's still free to those who acquired it during the event.

Which just goes to knock the Samsar even further down the list. Not only is it a horrible ship by todays standards, but if you didn't get it during the initial event, it's also a very hard ship to obtain since you're at the mercy of RnG.

Upon release, it was a free ship with some good things going for it, now it's a disaster that's difficult and potentially very expensive to acquire. If that doesn't put it squarely in last place, I don't know what will.
  • Options
    I was never defending the Samsar to begin with, I personally don't like it. The Samsar along with the Sarr Theln and Nandi are the only three T6 event ships I never got during their respected events, I got three epic tokens and bought the Nandi, I did think about getting the Samsar on either my main tac or main engi toons until I realized that it has lousy stats, the only thing which seems good about it is the design, console and maybe the trait also.
  • Options
    I was never defending the Samsar to begin with, I personally don't like it. The Samsar along with the Sarr Theln and Nandi are the only three T6 event ships I never got during their respected events, I got three epic tokens and bought the Nandi, I did think about getting the Samsar on either my main tac or main engi toons until I realized that it has lousy stats, the only thing which seems good about it is the design, console and maybe the trait also.

Nandi was a good call, that little ship is pretty nice.. and the trait isn't bad either.

The Sarr Theln isn't a bad ship, there is just nothing special about it. You didn't miss much there, but it's still worlds better then the lowly Samsar. If you're just a completionist and get another token.. I will say one thing for the Samsar. The Admiralty Card is pretty good. :smile:
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    If you're just a completionist and get another token.. I will say one thing for the Samsar. The Admiralty Card is pretty good. :smile:

Dude... Samsar, Nandi, and Sarr Theln are a magic trio in Admiralty. They work off each other!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I pity the people that can't build the dream team of Samsar, Nandi and Sarr Theln Admirality Cards. Perfect for doing the Tour of Duty advancement missions, unless you get extreme modifiers of course. 60 % maintenance reduction.
    Admittedly, the Ferengi, Federation and Romulan Admirality Ship Cards compete well with it, too.

Of course, I am not sure I'd pick a prize token for any of the ships. But I really would not recommend on missing out on the Event ships during the event, no matter how much you might dislike it. The Admirality Card will always be useful.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yep...120+ to all stats and 60% reduction to repair time. My go to for those 100x3 missions that has something I want so I can't pass (like bonus dil or the end cap missions).

Same. Secondary Go To is Assimilated Assault Cruiser, IKS Hegh, and Quark's Triumph.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    I don't have Quark's Triumph on my new JH yet. Can someone refresh my memory where to obtain it?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It's a byproduct of maxing out the Ferrengi campaign.

Thx
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.