test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Challengers to the Resolute for Most Hated Ship prize?

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
I keep hearing people talking ill about my poor Rezzy. Are there any other ships so universally hated that might take some of the heat off? And why all the hate?
«1345678

Comments

  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 1,739 Arc User
    Well I for one enjoy the T6 Fleet Excelsior with full console set, but I think the skin could use an update since it is quite dated.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    As do I; that's the version I use. I have the Dyson, Undine, Delta, and Terran torpedo sets and various radiation-spewing methods. :)
  • corlunacorluna Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    If they ever give the lady a graphical overhaul like they did with the Constitution Refit and the Miranda, i'll buy one in an instant!
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited June 30
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I keep hearing people talking ill about my poor Rezzy. Are there any other ships so universally hated that might take some of the heat off? And why all the hate?
    I don't think anyone hates it (outside of the weirdo's who think the Excelsior looks ugly). The Resolute IS a massive disappointment.

    When the Resolute was first introduced, most Excelsior captains were flying the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit [T5U]. The Resolute has one fewer Tactical console than the Fleet [T5U], but it has a Ltc Engi/Command vs Lt Engi. Not really a good tradeoff. It is also the only [T6] ship with NO universal BOff seats, making far less flexible than the other [T6] ships in the C-Store.

    The console is fairly "meh". It has a tiny passive bonus to kinetic and energy resistance as well as a small bonus speed and turnrate. It does have a clicky power that gives you a scaling bonus to damage, damage resistance, speed and turnrate for 15 sec, with 2 min cooldown. The bonus is dependant on the number of enemies within 5 km of your ship, so it's kinda "meh" for a 2 minute cooldown power.

    The console has a set bonus with the Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T3]'s console, the Transwarp Computer. The Transwarp Computer is easily one of the top 5 WORST consoles in the entire game. You are basically wasting a console slot just for the set bonus... which is a tiny increase to Energy Weapon damage and a tiny reduction of BOff cooldowns.

    Then... there is the trait. Improved Weaponized Emitters.The trait scales with Particle Generators, as does Aceton Beam and Overwhelm Emitters. The Resolute has 2 science console slots. That means most ships with 3 science console slots than can equip Aceton Beam or Overwhelm Emitters can use this really niche trait BETTER than the Resolute can.

    In short, there is very little reason to actually get the Resolute. Most players skip it and go directly to the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6] for their Excelsior [T6] fix.

    Edit: I had the duration wrong on the "Tactical Maneuvering Console" it is 15 seconds, not 30.
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 7,587 Arc User
    I only hate the Scimitard.
    #TASinSTO

    Bring on Discovery season 2 and Age of Discovery.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 11,441 Arc User
    The T5 Galaxy used to be thought of in a negative sense - players only used it because...… well, it's the Galaxy class.

    But that thing was such a lemon; it could tank wonderfully, but had absolutely no capacity to 'return the favour'.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 7,173 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    When the Resolute was first introduced, most Excelsior captains were flying the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit [T5U]. The Resolute has one fewer Tactical console than the Fleet [T5U], but it has a Ltc Engi/Command vs Lt Engi. Not really a good tradeoff.
    Only if you compare the Fleet T5U to the non-Fleet T6, which is obviously wrong.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 43,573 Arc User
    D'Derpidex?
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 6,749 Arc User
    edited June 30
    redvenge wrote: »
    When the Resolute was first introduced, most Excelsior captains were flying the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit [T5U]. The Resolute has one fewer Tactical console than the Fleet [T5U], but it has a Ltc Engi/Command vs Lt Engi. Not really a good tradeoff. It is also the only [T6] ship with NO universal BOff seats, making far less flexible than the other [T6] ships in the C-Store.

    1. The Resolute from the c-store has fewer tac consoles because it is not a fleet ship. If you want to make a valid comparison in this respect, the Fleet-T6 excelsior is on par with it's Fleet-T5-U counterpart.
    Link: T6-F
    Link: T5-UF
    2. The boff seating follows from the T5, plus one slot and spec designation. Anyone expecting a fresh universal slot was, quite frankly, being unrealistic in their expectations for this kind of update (it would have been unprecedented at the time.)

    Then... there is the trait. Improved Weaponized Emitters.The trait scales with Particle Generators, as does Aceton Beam and Overwhelm Emitters. The Resolute has 2 science console slots. That means most ships with 3 science console slots than can equip Aceton Beam or Overwhelm Emitters can use this really niche trait BETTER than the Resolute can.

    Assuming that you're not buffing exotic damage through universal consoles placed on the ENG slots, and of course find a science vessel with a Lt. Cmdr engineering seat and a CMD seat for best effect (it's hard to justify the trait with just one, a single power buff is easily outperformed by something with more synergy.)

    Here's your only choice.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Paradox_Temporal_Dreadnought
    List of science vessels

    Personally I find the Resolute a great platform for an ENG-focused exotic damage builds. The extra ENG boff space allows one to easily slot endothermic induction beam and structural integrity collapse in addition to aceton beam and overwhelm emitters. Typically I'm also using the LT. science slot for feedback pulse or tyken's rift (depending on the build) and adding more exotic damage (active powers and passive buffs) through set bonuses and universal consoles. There are more wholistic ships for that approach but the Resolute absolutely specializes. Use accordingly.
    Bipedal mammal, Foundry author, and newbie co-host of the Foundry Roundtable.
    RDrirz1.png

    New mission: Shattered Relic [SSF3-2 | ICO]
    For mission updates and screenshots: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The new Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
    Want more Foundry fun? Check out Legion of Myth's Foundry team ups.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 6,269 Arc User
    Personally I find the Resolute a great platform for an ENG-focused exotic damage builds. The extra ENG boff space allows one to easily slot endothermic induction beam and structural integrity collapse in addition to aceton beam and overwhelm emitters. Typically I'm also using the LT. science slot for feedback pulse or tyken's rift (depending on the build) and adding more exotic damage (active powers and passive buffs) through set bonuses and universal consoles. There are more wholistic ships for that approach but the Resolute absolutely specializes. Use accordingly.

    And here i was thinking i was the only one who pulled off such a build.. It works really well against swarmer type of opponents or heavy shielded opponents.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 11,646 Arc User
    The Resolute isn't the most hated ship prize, since it wasn't a prize. It was a C-Store purchase, not given away for free.

    It might still be the most hated one. At least it looks decent.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    The Resolute isn't the most hated ship prize, since it wasn't a prize. It was a C-Store purchase, not given away for free.

    It might still be the most hated one. At least it looks decent.

    I think the Excelsior and Resolute look like Starfleet hit puberty and made the most thin, gangly, awkward, and LLLOOOOONNNNNGGG ship they could.

    It's good that somebody likes it, but I think it looks like it went through a taffy stretcher.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    1. The Resolute from the c-store has fewer tac consoles because it is not a fleet ship. If you want to make a valid comparison in this respect, the Fleet-T6 excelsior is on par with it's Fleet-T5-U counterpart.
    Fleet vs Non-fleet is irrelevant.

    Your existing Fleet [T5U] is SUPERIOR to the C-Store ship. Therefore, the ONLY reason to get the C-Store ship is for it's Trait and Console. Both of which are GARBAGE. The better solution is to skip the Resolute entirely and just get the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6].
    Assuming that you're not buffing exotic damage through universal consoles placed on the ENG slots,
    Your universal consoles will not give you nearly as many Part-gens as a full science console.
    and of course find a science vessel with a Lt. Cmdr engineering seat and a CMD seat for best effect (it's hard to justify the trait with just one, a single power buff is easily outperformed by something with more synergy.)
    You are FLAT OUT WRONG here.

    The Improved Emitters Trait ONLY scales with Partgens. That means, you get the same effect with Overwhelm Emitters I (an Ens Command Ability) that you do with Aceton Beam III (a Cmd Engineering Ability). That means any ship, ANY SHIP AT ALL with 3 science consoles that can slot an Ens Command or a LTC Engineering ability can have a better AOE damage effect than the Resolute with it's own trait.

    Whatever effort you put into making the Resolute "good" with part-gens will be "great" on a large number ships with only 1 extra science console due to part-gen scaling with the trait.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,222 Community Moderator
    edited June 30
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I keep hearing people talking ill about my poor Rezzy. Are there any other ships so universally hated that might take some of the heat off? And why all the hate?

    Bortasqu'?
    "Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
    — Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
    9MUythl.png
    (Still in development)
    Volunteer community moderator for Star Trek Online forums. I am not a Cryptic or Perfect World employee, and comments made without [Mod Hat/] notation are my own opinions and do not reflect company policy. If you do see me put on my [Mod Hat/], please pay attention because I am speaking as a moderator.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,222 Community Moderator
    redvenge wrote: »
    1. The Resolute from the c-store has fewer tac consoles because it is not a fleet ship. If you want to make a valid comparison in this respect, the Fleet-T6 excelsior is on par with it's Fleet-T5-U counterpart.
    Fleet vs Non-fleet is irrelevant.

    Your existing Fleet [T5U] is SUPERIOR to the C-Store ship. Therefore, the ONLY reason to get the C-Store ship is for it's Trait and Console. Both of which are GARBAGE. The better solution is to skip the Resolute entirely and just get the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6].
    Assuming that you're not buffing exotic damage through universal consoles placed on the ENG slots,
    Your universal consoles will not give you nearly as many Part-gens as a full science console.
    and of course find a science vessel with a Lt. Cmdr engineering seat and a CMD seat for best effect (it's hard to justify the trait with just one, a single power buff is easily outperformed by something with more synergy.)
    You are FLAT OUT WRONG here.

    The Improved Emitters Trait ONLY scales with Partgens. That means, you get the same effect with Overwhelm Emitters I (an Ens Command Ability) that you do with Aceton Beam III (a Cmd Engineering Ability). That means any ship, ANY SHIP AT ALL with 3 science consoles that can slot an Ens Command or a LTC Engineering ability can have a better AOE damage effect than the Resolute with it's own trait.

    Whatever effort you put into making the Resolute "good" with part-gens will be "great" on a large number ships with only 1 extra science console due to part-gen scaling with the trait.

    Traits mismatched to the ships that grant them is actually fairly common, @redvenge; in fact I seem to recall that at least one of the original T6 ships in the Delta pack was an escort that granted a beam-related trait.

    I gotta agree on the rest, though -- the trait works great with my FT6 Galaxy and my T6 Tac Oddy, but not so much with the actual Resolute: I don't find it to be a very good ship. On the other hand, consider that the FT5-U Excelsior is hands-down a more effective cruiser than the 50-years newer FT5-U Galaxy or Gal-X, which is something people were complaining about for years before the Andromeda and Yamato came out.
    "Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
    — Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
    9MUythl.png
    (Still in development)
    Volunteer community moderator for Star Trek Online forums. I am not a Cryptic or Perfect World employee, and comments made without [Mod Hat/] notation are my own opinions and do not reflect company policy. If you do see me put on my [Mod Hat/], please pay attention because I am speaking as a moderator.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Traits mismatched to the ships that grant them is actually fairly common, @redvenge; in fact I seem to recall that at least one of the original T6 ships in the Delta pack was an escort that granted a beam-related trait.

    I gotta agree on the rest, though -- the trait works great with my FT6 Galaxy and my T6 Tac Oddy, but not so much with the actual Resolute: I don't find it to be a very good ship. On the other hand, consider that the FT5-U Excelsior is hands-down a more effective cruiser than the 50-years newer FT5-U Galaxy or Gal-X, which is something people were complaining about for years before the Andromeda and Yamato came out.
    Well, this is going to my main point. I don't believe players "hate" the Resolute. It's just an underwhelming ship in almost every way compared to what was available then and now.

    If you want to fly the Excelsior at [T6] go for the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6]. You are not missing much by skipping the Resolute.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 6,749 Arc User
    edited June 30
    redvenge wrote: »
    1. The Resolute from the c-store has fewer tac consoles because it is not a fleet ship. If you want to make a valid comparison in this respect, the Fleet-T6 excelsior is on par with it's Fleet-T5-U counterpart.
    Fleet vs Non-fleet is irrelevant.

    Your existing Fleet [T5U] is SUPERIOR to the C-Store ship. Therefore, the ONLY reason to get the C-Store ship is for it's Trait and Console. Both of which are GARBAGE. The better solution is to skip the Resolute entirely and just get the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6].

    Which presumes you already own a fleet T5U excelsior, which is total noise in a factual debate because the situation can be posed with every T6 retrofit of a T5 c-store ship irrespective of their stats (it's an identical trade off each time).

    Comparisons of convenience aren't to be taken as comparisons of substance.

    The Improved Emitters Trait ONLY scales with Partgens. That means, you get the same effect with Overwhelm Emitters I (an Ens Command Ability) that you do with Aceton Beam III (a Cmd Engineering Ability). That means any ship, ANY SHIP AT ALL with 3 science consoles that can slot an Ens Command or a LTC Engineering ability can have a better AOE damage effect than the Resolute with it's own trait.

    This too is wanting. The scaling factor of part gen from a single additional science console (ignoring for the moment that things like UR RCS accelerators exist) cannot overcome the simple multiplicative factor of having the DOT buff apply on two powers versus one. That extra console is not doubling the damage. There is only ONE science ship that meets you criteria of performing better with the Resolute trait than the Resolute itself, as previously linked, and that does not have the weight to make your overgeneralized point. Other cruisers can do better, but because they lack the ENG boff space they can be more restrictive to ENG-heavy exotic builds (and other ships within the same class outperforming their contemporaries with their trait is not peculiar by any stretch of the imagination. It applies in all circumstances where intra-build power creep isn't advanced.)
    Bipedal mammal, Foundry author, and newbie co-host of the Foundry Roundtable.
    RDrirz1.png

    New mission: Shattered Relic [SSF3-2 | ICO]
    For mission updates and screenshots: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The new Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
    Want more Foundry fun? Check out Legion of Myth's Foundry team ups.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 1,739 Arc User
    edited July 1
    As much as I liked the D'deridex from the show the game version absolutely disappointed the c‏ra‏p out of me due to the stats, it is a warship on the show but in the game it's a slow turning cruiser with mostly basic cruiser-esque stats.
  • patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 8,524 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I keep hearing people talking ill about my poor Rezzy. Are there any other ships so universally hated that might take some of the heat off? And why all the hate?

    Tier 5 Bortasque. 'nuff said.
    KDF: Not supported by Cryptic, because according to them, we're not 'Real' Star Trek fans.

    Well, **** them, I'll play KDF anyway.

    "We are the Federation. Resistance is futile, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own."-Cryptic Studios

    Advocacy
    simple logic process:

    The body is filled with so much blood...It's always more than you think!! -Dr. Dinosaur
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 8,909 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    mneme0 wrote: »
    I keep hearing people talking ill about my poor Rezzy. Are there any other ships so universally hated that might take some of the heat off? And why all the hate?

    Bortasqu'?

    The KDF have always hated the Bortasqu'. You had agile Klingon Battlecruisers like the Vor'Cha and even Negh'Var. Back in the day, we were using Fleet Vor'Cha with DHCs to chew up Feds in PVP, even their fast, nimble Escorts.

    Then you had the Brick.
    The Bortasqu'.

    Even the T6 version, part of the Cross-Faction Flagships, the T6 Bort still handles like sh*t. We had later KDF Battlecruisers arriving like the T6Qib, the T6 D7, T6 Negh'Var, T6 Mogh, T6 QeHpu', all handle very well. But the T5/T6 Bortasqu' are still bricks. Even doing tricks like feeding different Engine Power levels with proper Engine types, Aux2Damp, etc, nothing changes how bad the Bortasqu' feels as a Klingon Battlecruiser.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 2,650 Arc User
    edited July 1
    The Resolute is pretty awful but it can't match the absolutely useless Kobali Samsar. Nothing could ever be so equally terrible at T6.
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 7,587 Arc User
    edited July 1
    > @redvenge said:
    > starswordc wrote: »
    >
    > Traits mismatched to the ships that grant them is actually fairly common, @redvenge; in fact I seem to recall that at least one of the original T6 ships in the Delta pack was an escort that granted a beam-related trait.
    >
    > I gotta agree on the rest, though -- the trait works great with my FT6 Galaxy and my T6 Tac Oddy, but not so much with the actual Resolute: I don't find it to be a very good ship. On the other hand, consider that the FT5-U Excelsior is hands-down a more effective cruiser than the 50-years newer FT5-U Galaxy or Gal-X, which is something people were complaining about for years before the Andromeda and Yamato came out.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, this is going to my main point. I don't believe players "hate" the Resolute. It's just an underwhelming ship in almost every way compared to what was available then and now.
    >
    > If you want to fly the Excelsior at [T6] go for the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6]. You are not missing much by skipping the Resolute.

    Except of course the reduction in price from 5 FSMs to 1 FSM for the FAHC T6. I mean I've skipped straight to Fleet versions before, but I get FSMs with EC, but think about it, Fleet T6 is 5 FSMs without the zen ship, if your only getting one ship for one character then just jumping to fleet version is cheaper, but every character you want the ship on adds 2500 zen or around 80 to 100 million EC, it also absolutely requires being in a fleet that has advanced enough to unlock the ship.
    #TASinSTO

    Bring on Discovery season 2 and Age of Discovery.
  • patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 8,524 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @redvenge said:
    > starswordc wrote: »
    >
    > Traits mismatched to the ships that grant them is actually fairly common, @redvenge; in fact I seem to recall that at least one of the original T6 ships in the Delta pack was an escort that granted a beam-related trait.
    >
    > I gotta agree on the rest, though -- the trait works great with my FT6 Galaxy and my T6 Tac Oddy, but not so much with the actual Resolute: I don't find it to be a very good ship. On the other hand, consider that the FT5-U Excelsior is hands-down a more effective cruiser than the 50-years newer FT5-U Galaxy or Gal-X, which is something people were complaining about for years before the Andromeda and Yamato came out.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, this is going to my main point. I don't believe players "hate" the Resolute. It's just an underwhelming ship in almost every way compared to what was available then and now.
    >
    > If you want to fly the Excelsior at [T6] go for the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6]. You are not missing much by skipping the Resolute.

    Except of course the reduction in price from 5 FSMs to 1 FSM for the FAHC T6. I mean I've skipped straight to Fleet versions before, but I get FSMs with EC, but think about it, Fleet T6 is 5 FSMs without the zen ship, if your only getting one ship for one character then just jumping to fleet version is cheaper, but every character you want the ship on adds 2500 zen or around 80 to 100 million EC, it also absolutely requires being in a fleet that has advanced enough to unlock the ship.

    and that ONLY works if there is a T5 or T6 C-store variant of a ship, and only if it 'qualifies' for the discount. (one of the reasons for the constant ignored requests for C-store versions of T5 or T6 Vor'cha, Norgh, Hegh'ta, etc. is that the fleet versions are single-character unlocks with NO discount, while the Excelsior has two, the Assault cruiser has two, and most of Starfleet's Fleet ships have the ability to get a C-store for account unlock and the discount.)

    Thing is, I don't see the problem with the Resolute. Unlike the Bortasque, it's not actually a bad ship, and it DOES get the unlock for the Fleet version.

    KDF: Not supported by Cryptic, because according to them, we're not 'Real' Star Trek fans.

    Well, **** them, I'll play KDF anyway.

    "We are the Federation. Resistance is futile, we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own."-Cryptic Studios

    Advocacy
    simple logic process:

    The body is filled with so much blood...It's always more than you think!! -Dr. Dinosaur
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited July 1
    Which presumes you already own a fleet T5U excelsior
    That was the presumption, yes. THE POINT of that statement, as it were. The Resolute is worse than the Fleet [T5] (which is what most players were flying at the time). There was no incentive to buy it then. There is less incentive to buy it now.
    which is total noise in a factual debate because the situation can be posed with every T6 retrofit of a T5 c-store ship irrespective of their stats (it's an identical trade off each time).

    Comparisons of convenience aren't to be taken as comparisons of substance.
    Wrong, again.

    The Andromeda (you know, that ship that came out 3 months BEFORE the Resolute) came out with a Ltc Tac and an Ens Uni, vs the Lt Tac and the Ens Engi of the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Refit. It's trait is also niche but is a much better fit for the Andromeda. The Andromeda's console gives a passive +5 Max Power to all subsystems, which kicks the pants off of the Resolutes console (though both have an underwhelming clicky power). The two piece set bonus for the Andromeda gives a flat +2 increase to turn rate, vs some terrible 10% increase to energy weapon damage and BOff cooldown reduction.

    In short, the Andromeda is a clear improvement over the Fleet Exploration Cruiser Refit, regardless of number of consoles.
    This too is wanting. The scaling factor of part gen from a single additional science console (ignoring for the moment that things like UR RCS accelerators exist) cannot overcome the simple multiplicative factor of having the DOT buff apply on two powers versus one.
    So, your position is "The Resolute can use Aceton Beam and Overwhelm Emitters simultaneously, thus making it better than any ship who can only use one of those powers". Very well. If you are going to use both powers simultaneously then the only ship that is better is one that can slot both powers (Ens Command and Ltc Engi) and has 3 science console slots.
    That extra console is not doubling the damage. There is only ONE science ship that meets you criteria of performing better with the Resolute trait than the Resolute itself, as previously linked, and that does not have the weight to make your overgeneralized point. Other cruisers can do better, but because they lack the ENG boff space they can be more restrictive to ENG-heavy exotic builds (and other ships within the same class outperforming their contemporaries with their trait is not peculiar by any stretch of the imagination. It applies in all circumstances where intra-build power creep isn't advanced.)
    I don't know why you keep going on about "one science ship" when I never said any particular ship. However, let's look at how many ships meet your "must be able to slot both powers" criteria (as well as have 3 or more science consoles) to see how many ships have more potential than the Resolute:
    Hestia
    Atlas
    Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser
    Temporal Light Cruiser [T6]
    Universe
    Andromeda
    Operations Star Cruiser [T6]
    Science Star Cruiser [T6]
    Tactical Star Cruiser [T6]
    Geneva
    Presidio
    Concorde

    Then you have the cross-faction stuff:
    Jem'Hadar Vanguard Dreadnought Cruiser
    Samsar
    Rezreth
    Khlinae
    Son'a Intel Battlecruiser
    Sheshar (Command variant)
    Tarantula
    Ateleth
    Quas
    Husnock Warship
    Son'a Command Science Vessel
    Paradox
    Vonph
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (T6)
    Denuos
    Tzen-tar
    Briostrys

    On top of all this, Romulans and KDF can now use the trait, making the list EVEN LONGER. I think my point is made. There are plenty of ships that can use Improved Weaponized Emitters far more effectively than the Resolute. When the Resolute was first introduced, the Andromeda could make better use of the trait and the list just keeps getting bigger, pushing the Resolute down even further.

    Edit: I forgot to add the JJ-prise to the list.
    Post edited by redvenge on
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    I feel this discussion is not shallow enough. Too much focus on stats and usefulness, not enough on ugliness.

    Most hated fed ship for me has to be The Imperial class. Damn that thing is ugly. Just thinking about it now, I threw up in my mouth a little.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 5,999 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Your existing Fleet [T5U] is SUPERIOR to the C-Store ship. Therefore, the ONLY reason to get the C-Store ship is for it's Trait and Console. Both of which are GARBAGE. The better solution is to skip the Resolute entirely and just get the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6].

    First of all, spot on with everything you said. This is the only part I would disagree with.

    The only reason to buy the Resolute is because you like the Excelsior and want to fly one (personally, I love the Excelsior) but just going straight for the fleet ship is pretty much always a bad idea. You're going to spend the same amount in Fleet Modules and you're only going to unlock it for one character. Buying the C-Store version means you can get the Fleet ship account wide for 1 fleet module, other alts that aren't going to actually fly it can claim it for the admiralty card.

    I honestly wish they would remove the option to skip the C-Store and buy the Fleet for 5 fleet modules, it's just a bad use of Zen and I don't think it's explained all that well to players.


    As for the ship itself, honestly.. they can fix it very easily. Just change the Ensign Engineering station to a Universal and it opens up a ton of new options for the ship. It's not a bad ship as it is, you can make it into a pretty solid Aux2Bat beam boat, just use a command power like Overwhelm Emitters and slot something like Structural Integrity Collapse at Ensign to avoid double up on powers and you're good to go. Yeah, the console and trait are both.. meh.. and don't match the ship well at all. Honestly, I think it should also be Pilot instead of Command so it can slot 'fly her apart.'

    Just changing the one Ensign Engineering to a Universal would do so much to help make the ship better, but for some reason Cryptic seems content just leaving it as is even though everyone wants it changed. I guess for some reason, they just don't want the Resolute to sell.
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.

    ecJY3Zm.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 11,646 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    As much as I liked the D'deridex from the show the game version absolutely disappointed the c‏ra‏p out of me due to the stats, it is a warship on the show but in the game it's a slow turning cruiser with mostly basic cruiser-esque stats.

    Oh, yeah, that ship was a disappointment. But it kinda shares that with its sister ship, the Galaxy Class. They just aren't that good or fun to play.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 11,441 Arc User
    I always thought it a pity that the Resolute didn't get a hybrid Pilot BOFF seat - that would have made it interesting!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 7,173 Arc User
    Traits are not even supposed to be ideal to the ship that unlocks them. Ship traits are designed to encourage players to buy more ships, therefore they purposefully put in ones you'd rather use on a different ship.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,222 Community Moderator
    edited July 1
    I feel this discussion is not shallow enough. Too much focus on stats and usefulness, not enough on ugliness.

    Most hated fed ship for me has to be The Imperial class. Damn that thing is ugly. Just thinking about it now, I threw up in my mouth a little.

    Aesthetics are subjective (I happen to think the Imperial looks pretty cool). Performance can be objectively measured.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    As much as I liked the D'deridex from the show the game version absolutely disappointed the c‏ra‏p out of me due to the stats, it is a warship on the show but in the game it's a slow turning cruiser with mostly basic cruiser-esque stats.

    Oh, yeah, that ship was a disappointment. But it kinda shares that with its sister ship, the Galaxy Class. They just aren't that good or fun to play.

    I disagree completely. The T4 D'D is as crud as the T4 Galaxy, but the T5 D'D can actually be quite a good fighter if you think outside the box: the thing has triple LCDR seating. I run it on a Fed Rom Sci with GW1, with Romplas weapon set and Borg shield set. It's never going to be a vaper but it's a perfectly good fighting ship.

    (Haven't discussed the T6 because I honestly haven't played my Rom in forever.)
    "Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
    — Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
    9MUythl.png
    (Still in development)
    Volunteer community moderator for Star Trek Online forums. I am not a Cryptic or Perfect World employee, and comments made without [Mod Hat/] notation are my own opinions and do not reflect company policy. If you do see me put on my [Mod Hat/], please pay attention because I am speaking as a moderator.
«1345678
Sign In or Register to comment.