test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

As of this morning, I cannot get into the game (won't accept password and/or user email.)

I keep getting a message that my password/user ID is invalid. It won't accept one or the other in the game launcher's log-in when I try to get into the game. I've checked and double checked the spelling and made sure the caps lock was off. It was working fine yesterday, and I was able to log onto the forums and my arc account using the same password/user ID just now with no issues. It's the same password and email I've used since I started playing in early 2013. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    After the maintenance of 7/122018, the problem listed in the previous post (June 27th) has returned. Just a heads up.

Ticket REF#180712-000938
  • Options
    As of 7/14/2018, 2:10 PM EST, the aforementioned issue persists. Time is running out for Hearts and Minds, and I'm losing days on the Summer Even ship grind. Second ticket submitted

Second Ticket REF# 180714-000614
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It could help to ping @ambassadorkael#6946 since as a community person he can assist you and sometimes talks to customer service (although he's on vacation right now). I would be cautious writing multiple tickets as CS might not help you if you spam them.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It could help to ping @ambassadorkael#6946 since as a community person he can assist you and sometimes talks to customer service (although he's on vacation right now). I would be cautious writing multiple tickets as CS might not help you if you spam them.

Thanks, AT. It's much appreciated. :)

And I'll lay off the tickets for a while. o:)
  • Options
    garaks31 wrote: »
    use your mail adress as user id !!

I normally do. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Tried a password reset. Still can't get in. At all. Support emailed me the same suggestions, and I tried them. They failed. I was instructed to submit another ticket if the problem persists, which I did.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Humm, if a password reset failed...yeah that sounds bad. Like your account got deleted bad.

I dunno. As outlined in the first post this happened before, at the end of June, and they fixed the issue (I'm assuming).

But if the account got deleted, then that would mean five and a half years of time, playing,grinding, and money down the tubes. And that would also mean that I'll drop STO rather than start from scratch. This is ridiculous.

• Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Here's something you might try: with the Launcher closed, delete the contents of the 'cef_cache' folder in your install directory. As far as I'm aware, this is the cache for the Launcher, so if it's only the launcher that is failing to recognize your credentials, the problem my be in that cache...
  • Options
    Here's something you might try: with the Launcher closed, delete the contents of the 'cef_cache' folder in your install directory. As far as I'm aware, this is the cache for the Launcher, so if it's only the launcher that is failing to recognize your credentials, the problem my be in that cache...

I gave it a try. No joy. But thanks for the tip. It was worth a shot. :)

• Options
    It seems that I managed to find a resolution to my issue, via advice from the GMs and Support Team. They suggested that I try downloading the Arc client, and try to get into the game through it. I did so, and now I'm back into the game. Just wanted to add this as a heads up for anybody else having issues with STO via Steam.

Thanks to those you offered suggestions. It's always appreciated. :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    If I may ask, how is this possible? You arenot using Steam to access the game. ARC and steam both launch the stand-alone game launcher. If that didn't take your credentials neither Steam nor ARC change that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    angrytarg wrote: »
    If I may ask, how is this possible? You arenot using Steam to access the game. ARC and steam both launch the stand-alone game launcher. If that didn't take your credentials neither Steam nor ARC change that.

I have noooooooo idea whatsoever. All I know is that the GM's email suggested it, I did it, and it worked.

• Options
    ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Or Just a Broken Keyboard with Hanging Key like shift or CTRL NUM etc ..
    it must be not pressed a viewable to be pressed why ever cola ,beer in keyboard or something xD
    just test a other Keyboard ;)
  • Options
    ekypyros wrote: »
    Or Just a Broken Keyboard with Hanging Key like shift or CTRL NUM etc ..
    it must be not pressed a viewable to be pressed why ever cola ,beer in keyboard or something xD
    just test a other Keyboard ;)

My keyboard is fine. But thanks for the suggestion.

In any case, the issue is solved (for now). I never hold my breath when it comes to Cryptic and their zombie bugs. :D