test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    My issue with it this year is that the dance only happens once per cycle of events, I miss when there were two dances per cycle and I feel there are either too many races or scav hunts per cycle now.

This. The races take up over half of the event cycle this time around. I can understand wanting to make the Horgahn hunt less cheatable, but polluting the water with races is not the way to it.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    QQ: Is there a reason why we cant have multiple events running at the same time Just space them apart?

Artifact Scavenger Hunt or Powerboard Race
    Horga'hn Hunt or Dance off
    Sand Castle or Biathlon

Then its like choose your own adventure and they can have a much tighter cycle.

• dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    The baseball uniforms are great. Already have plenty of swimsuits to chose from already. More new and ones would have been boring. Glad to see Cryptic get creative. Love the baseball food too.

Continue to be bummed about the light cycle. I just don’t hang out on Risa that much now(or Bajor, for that matter). It really made the place special. If they ever get changing day time back, I’ll return to Risa. Looks like it’s never happening though.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    So... we got a Baseball Tribble or should I just save my favors for uniforms and emotes?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Baseball tribble would be amazing. It could make your shots go faster or curve. It could look like a baseball, and even wear a cap.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... we got a Baseball Tribble or should I just save my favors for uniforms and emotes?

If you're after the hats. Don't bother. I wasted some saved up favors to get one of the outfits. It's all locked to the Baseball uniform selection. Making them a complete waste of favors.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    NO baseball tribble.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    trennan wrote: »

If you're after the hats. Don't bother. I wasted some saved up favors to get one of the outfits. It's all locked to the Baseball uniform selection. Making them a complete waste of favors.

Its possible they might unlock them at a later date for off duty. AND... there is the NX-01 hat that was seen in Enterprise that could be brought in at a later date, and those were worn with starfleet uniforms. Also...
    starshipdown9.jpg?resize=475%2C364&type=vertical
    Sisko wore one while in uniform before.

Besides... I am a costume fiend. I'm getting the baseball uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Its possible they might unlock them at a later date for off duty. AND... there is the NX-01 hat that was seen in Enterprise that could be brought in at a later date, and those were worn with starfleet uniforms. Also...

True. I might still get them, just to have them. But, in all honesty. I would have paid double the price just for a hat I could wear outside the uniforms. Never much cared for the baseball uniform look.

As far as them unlocking it, I'll just say two words that already prove that wrong. Rash and Guard.

They might, but don't expect it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sss#1855 sss Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Hey, yesterday i took my Jem'Hadar captain to Risa to have the store unlocked, doing the master relaxer and start collecting the vouchers.
    So I bought a flyer and did some floater flying.
    Can someone please tell me why the Jem'Hadar is steppdancing in the air instead of normally flying ?
    It's really terrible to watch.
  • nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    What happened to the day/night cycle
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    My issue with it this year is that the dance only happens once per cycle of events, I miss when there were two dances per cycle and I feel there are either too many races or scav hunts per cycle now.

The nerfed dancing last year in favour of the races because they like the rng&latency combo of deciding if someone is able to complete a run and do the silly flag grab at the end.

As with last year I'll do the daily and maybe a dance or horgun hunt if they overlap but other than that it'll be the odd extra flying high on lowbies to get the marks needed to rep up the ones like lukari or comp pve that are linked in with a broken BZ or non-existent queues.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Verdict on the baseball clothes: They're not map-restricted, but despite the description saying they're available in Off-Duty they are in fact restricted to their own category only. They are not customizable at all and you can't combine anything else with them.

The caps are limited to the category as well. Unlike the winter hats they do allow hair, though with very few styles listed.

Actually... you CAN change what number is on the back. You just can't edit the colors.
    And honestly I wouldn't mind seeing the baseball caps allowed in other categories as well. They could actually USE this as a testbed for another canon hat.
    brokenbow_057.jpg?w=420&h=235
    NX-01 hat!
    Actually... that doesn't count as customization by any stretch of the word. It's like a car with a different license plate.

You can't even type in the number yourself, only pick one of a few options. Pathetic.

It's possible they might do anything.

As it is, the baseball uniforms are useless unless you explicitly want to wear the baseball uniform, the whole baseball uniform and nothing but the baseball uniform.

I got one to test them and will most certainly not get more unless/until they're unrestricted.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The Summer Event has always be a highlight for my wife and mein STO and I'm enjoying it again this year.

But so many little bugs, voices not working, no music during the dance, etc. Add in the lost Night/Day feature and Risa isn't what it used to be. I wish they'd put a bit of work back into that part of the game so that it... well worked all the time.

And a return to Risa ships please. Or heck, any Federation member world- completely alien ships like we have now are out of place.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Lighting 2.0™ It's Better!®
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ...The lukari ship got dumped in the gamblebox before it was even given a chance of being won which is why console folk had only that as a per character, rather than the account unlock, meaning you can't dismiss it and reclaim later or indeed claim on future character.

All they're doing is promoting a sense of why should we (the players) spend money on the game when they treat the platform as an afterthought.

Umm, the Lukari ship in the lockbox isn't the Ho'kuun (the one given by the Anniversary festival), but the runner up in the design contest, the N'Kaam Scout Ship...not sure where you are getting your info that it's the Anniversary one...
    kiralyn wrote: »

Lighting 2.0™ It's Better!®

What's funny about hearing people say Cryptic have blamed it on Lighting 2.0 is: I don't rememer Cryptic ever speficying a cause last year. Hell, I barely remember them even acknowledging the problem. But what I do remember is, they promised to 'look into it' and then we heard frak all the rest of the event...I guess they don't care that half the accolades on the map are tied to knowing if it's day or night?
    I guess they don't care that half the accolades on the map are tied to knowing if it's day or night?
    They don't care about accolades in general.

warpangel wrote: »
    I guess they don't care that half the accolades on the map are tied to knowing if it's day or night?
    They don't care about accolades in general.

True, based on their locking of Sponsorship for the pre-filled reps on the JH toons...
    edited July 2018
    So....Full Body Wet Suit for Risa on Letheans? My Lethean has a human body...Cryptic hasn't made the art for the rest of him?

Never mind....just wear casual OFF Duty on the Lethean. They end up with Human bare feet with no option for shoes...in the Full Body Wet Suit.

I got him in the Talaxian outfit now....looks like a bad golfing outfit. LOL!

ADDED: Wow...I was complaining about this exact issue with another Lethean I had.
    In a post in Havelock's big thread about costumes....way back in June of 2015!!!!

I guess, they never made the rest of Lethean body, arms, legs, feet. LOL!
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    What's funny about hearing people say Cryptic have blamed it on Lighting 2.0 is: I don't rememer Cryptic ever speficying a cause last year. Hell, I barely remember them even acknowledging the problem. But what I do remember is, they promised to 'look into it' and then we heard frak all the rest of the event...I guess they don't care that half the accolades on the map are tied to knowing if it's day or night?

I believe they ack'ed it on Reddit. From Tacofangs.
    And it is part of the F.C.T. thread...you can find it over there.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1159287/frequently-created-threads-f-c-t

• bobbykins69bobbykins69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding how you consider baseball uniforms niche. There are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of baseball games, from major league down to little league, played in just the US every year, to say nothing of "sandlot" pickup games, nor counting games played in Japan, again from pro to kid, nor any of the other nations where baseball is played. I'm not even a baseball fan at any level and I know all the basic rules and can recognize the uniforms of the entire MLB on sight.

Baseball isn't popular outside North America. You may have a "world" series, but the world doesn't play! A "milky way league" for football (soccer to Americans) would be more likely to occur in the distant future than a baseball one!!!

It may not be as popular as Soccer, but Baseball is still popular in Asian and Central American countries.

where2r1 wrote: »

I believe they ack'ed it on Reddit. From Tacofangs.
    And it is part of the F.C.T. thread...you can find it over there.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1159287/frequently-created-threads-f-c-t

Thanks for that...it being discussed totally on Reddit would probably be why I missed it...they seem to delight in talking anywhere but here about issues like this...
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Thanks for that...it being discussed totally on Reddit would probably be why I missed it...they seem to delight in talking anywhere but here about issues like this...

Forums too:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1232065/risa-night-lights/p1

Taco posted on page 3, FYI (after the reddit quote was also linked off by another user.) Sorry you missed this, but the information was here and it was actively discussed and widely circulated, hence the forum FCT (note the first letter.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    It may not be as popular as Soccer, but Baseball is still popular in Asian and Central American countries.

Could have fooled me...our giant TV has been on Baseball for the last two days since Hubby is off for the holidays.

Hey...does the baseball uni hide everything....like for my Lethean??? Because he ends up with human body, arms, legs and feet....with claw hands and Lethean head. I need something that covers him head to toe and with SHOES.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't be fooled by the meaning of the 'C' in FCT. It really means 'Closed' though stated as 'Created'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone try a tribble with the new Baseball food, yet? What did you get???

A friend tried it out, said he just got a boring tribble from previous years. Dunno which one though.

It's the Lohlunat Tribble, which makes sense, given that the baseball foods are the same rarity/cost as the others that make that Tribble. I hadn't noticed before this that those aren't unique.
    ltminns wrote: »
    All Summer stuff is way overpriced compared to the prices during the Winter Event.

On the other hand, there are more winter "currencies" to get then there are summer.

But on the other other hand, you can spam DOff missions and get all the things no problem.

Even without the DOff assignments, Winter Wonderland activities are just more generous per character compared to the prices that you have to pay for things. Good single runs of just Snowball Fight and Tide of Ice will probably get you enough for an outfit or weapon, about 50 items. A single character doing Risa activities would have to do them all in a cycle, and hope that they could consistently take at least 2nd place in every race to get 600 Favors, and there are outfits that are more expensive than that, not to mention the floaters, powerboards, kit modules and manuals which are way more than that.
    .I guess they don't care that half the accolades on the map are tied to knowing if it's day or night?

I think only Unauthorized Beach Party is still dependent on time of day, and I'm not even sure about that one. Everything else is just set to the real world clock now, or in the case of Pavyl, is available all of the time.

I don't miss the actual night. I made that pretty clear last year. The transitions were nice, but night in this game, like many others, looks like a cheap old movie using day-for-night filming techniques. Just crank down the F-stop and tint everything blue. Ta-da! nighttime. You could replicate it yourself with a pair of dark blue-tinted sunglasses.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    My new bit of fun for the Dance Off. Every time the instructor calls the Snake, I wait one second and follow it up with Victory in Sompek.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    I may end up tossing this down in to a bug report. But since this discussion is going, I'll toss it here first.

The scanner for Artifact Scavenger Hunt. This works, but not like it should. Right now, I've diagnosed that the directional indicator is set about 3.00 - 5.00 below the Y height of my character. This is a rough guessitmate on that. As to really see it, I have to get on my floater, go up about twenty feet and angle my camera down at the ground.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    I may end up tossing this down in to a bug report. But since this discussion is going, I'll toss it here first.

The scanner for Artifact Scavenger Hunt. This works, but not like it should. Right now, I've diagnosed that the directional indicator is set about 3.00 - 5.00 below the Y height of my character. This is a rough guessitmate on that. As to really see it, I have to get on my floater, go up about twenty feet and angle my camera down at the ground.
    Previous years the directional indicator has been on the ground regardless of your height. Have they changed this?
This discussion has been closed.