test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'll be getting the Baseball uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding how you consider baseball uniforms niche. There are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of baseball games, from major league down to little league, played in just the US every year, to say nothing of "sandlot" pickup games, nor counting games played in Japan, again from pro to kid, nor any of the other nations where baseball is played. I'm not even a baseball fan at any level and I know all the basic rules and can recognize the uniforms of the entire MLB on sight.

Baseball isn't popular outside North America. You may have a "world" series, but the world doesn't play! A "milky way league" for football (soccer to Americans) would be more likely to occur in the distant future than a baseball one!!!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    YESSSS!!!!!!

BASEBALL HATS!!!!!!

Best.
    Event.
    Prise.
    EVER!!!!!!
    Remains to be seen. If they make your character lose their hair like the winter hat, not so much.
    Still have to see if the baseball outfits come with some onerous restrictions like most of the other Risawear.

And do we get baseball bats to go with them?
    Baseball isn't popular outside North America.

Um... pretty sure its over in Japan as well...
    warpangel wrote: »
    Remains to be seen. If they make your character lose their hair like the winter hat, not so much.

Well... the preview pic they gave us looks promising. I mean it shows two female characters with hair under the hat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I have this image in my head now of an all Tac BOff team that only throw grenades and use melee weapons while dressed in the baseball uniforms.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Hope we can wear the baseball caps separately.

Baseball is popular in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, among other Asian countries. Also popular in many countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America. Some great Major League players come from all over the world. Great summer pastime.
    People who don't play baseball can still wear baseball caps.

And beat up borg with baseball bats. :D
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    If they had made the baseball uniforms the event prize this year I would have been ok with that. Go Niners!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, I wouldn't call baseball "niche." I'm just not very interested in it personally. :)
    Still have to see if the baseball outfits come with some onerous restrictions like most of the other Risawear.

They were doing pretty well making things available everywhere (the regular shirts/shorts/shoes, some of the swimsuit tops, etc), but then they backslid a bit - at least last I checked - with the rashguards (which, honestly, are just more shirts. There's no reason to restrict them. They're not swimwear in the slightest.) Given the baseball pennants all over the new DS9, plus the uniforms being from an 'on board DS9' episode, I'll be really surprised if they're not usable there.

That reminds me, I need to go to a tailor and check if any of the older stuff has been shifted around categories again. Or if that'll happen when the new Risa patch hits. Be nice if the patch notes ever mentioned changes in the tailor categories.
    (the Herald Thrall gear got added to uniforms or off-duty at some point in the past. It makes an interesting combination with some things, and odd one with many others.)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @avoozuul said:
    > The baseball uniforms reminds me of this moment in DS9:

Not surprising as not only is that the reason for the baseball uniforms being added but the blog specifically states that the Niners & Logicians uniforms from Take Me Out to The Holosuite will be available, as well as other teams in the Milky Way League including the Cestus III team Cassidy's brother (or cousin, or nephew, gotta look that up) plays in.

Where you get that? I didn't see Pike City in the uniforms listed, just two 'new' ones for teams mentioned in Quark's Lucky Seven. And the original two from the episode.

And quite flatly, if they're going to ape "Take Me Out To The Holosuite" that much, I want a "One Little Ship" runabout ground combat pet for all my alts. One that fires phasers and miniature photon torpedoes, and is smaller, faster, and harder to hit than a drone. I'm waiting, Cryptic... :p​​
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    > @dongemaharu said:
    > Hope we can wear the baseball caps separately.
    >
    > Baseball is popular in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, among other Asian countries. Also popular in many countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America. Some great Major League players come from all over the world. Great summer pastime.
    >

Speaking as a non baseball fan, Ichiro was my firs> @tasshena said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @avoozuul said:
    > > The baseball uniforms reminds me of this moment in DS9:
    >
    > Not surprising as not only is that the reason for the baseball uniforms being added but the blog specifically states that the Niners & Logicians uniforms from Take Me Out to The Holosuite will be available, as well as other teams in the Milky Way League including the Cestus III team Cassidy's brother (or cousin, or nephew, gotta look that up) plays in.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Where you get that? I didn't see Pike City in the uniforms listed, just two 'new' ones for teams mentioned in Quark's Lucky Seven. And the original two from the episode.
    >
    > And quite flatly, if they're going to ape "Take Me Out To The Holosuite" that much, I want a "One Little Ship" runabout ground combat pet for all my alts. One that fires phasers and miniature photon torpedoes, and is smaller, faster, and harder to hit than a drone. I'm waiting, Cryptic... :p​​

I may be wrong about the Pike City uniform, but the blog says "uniforms from the milky way league including the Niners and Logicians as well as 2 new teams" that implies more than just the 4 to me.

It sounds like 4 to me. They listed all 2 of the original uniforms and then said there are 2 more beside those. Any more uniforms would have to come from the new teams, and since they specifically mention there are only 2 new teams, they have no room to fit in anything else. It makes absolutely no sense to say "as well as 2 new teams as well as X new teams". If there were more, they'd just say X+2 new teams.
    I may be wrong about the Pike City uniform, but the blog says "uniforms from the milky way league including the Niners and Logicians as well as 2 new teams" that implies more than just the 4 to me.

Well... the preview pic in the blog shows uniforms for the Caitian Claws and the Ferengi team as well as the Logicians and Niners. There's four right there.
    latest?cb=20161029204056
    Carry the 1... solve for X...

I hate math.
    Frankly... lets say at least 4 confirmed. We'll find out more as we get closer to the Summer Event.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    reyan01 wrote: »
    tasshena wrote: »
    > @avoozuul said:

Not surprising as not only is that the reason for the baseball uniforms being added but the blog specifically states that the Niners & Logicians uniforms from Take Me Out to The Holosuite will be available, as well as other teams in the Milky Way League including the Cestus III team Cassidy's brother (or cousin, or nephew, gotta look that up) plays in.

Where you get that? I didn't see Pike City in the uniforms listed, just two 'new' ones for teams mentioned in Quark's Lucky Seven. And the original two from the episode.

And quite flatly, if they're going to ape "Take Me Out To The Holosuite" that much, I want a "One Little Ship" runabout ground combat pet for all my alts. One that fires phasers and miniature photon torpedoes, and is smaller, faster, and harder to hit than a drone. I'm waiting, Cryptic... :p

Tier 5 of the Gamma Reputation:
    Tier 5 – Ground

One Little Ship
    Activating this trait will summon a miniaturized Danube Runabout to fly around and shoot Phaser Beam Arrays and Photon Torpedoes at nearby foes for a short duration.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D:D that's awesome. :D that as a ground abil goes on ALL my boffs. :D:D Awesome. :D

Only complaint I'd have about that is active abils taking 5 mins to recharge. :p:)​​
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The Starship Trait better be good. Otherwise I’ll be skipping this one as usual.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @avoozuul said:

And quite flatly, if they're going to ape "Take Me Out To The Holosuite" that much, I want a "One Little Ship" runabout ground combat pet for all my alts. One that fires phasers and miniature photon torpedoes, and is smaller, faster, and harder to hit than a drone. I'm waiting, Cryptic... :p

Tier 5 of the Gamma Reputation:
    Tier 5 – Ground

One Little Ship
    Activating this trait will summon a miniaturized Danube Runabout to fly around and shoot Phaser Beam Arrays and Photon Torpedoes at nearby foes for a short duration.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D:D that's awesome. :D that as a ground abil goes on ALL my boffs. :D:D Awesome. :D

Only complaint I'd have about that is active abils taking 5 mins to recharge. :p:)​​

It's a reputation trait. Meaning only you captain can use it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    kiralyn wrote: »

They were doing pretty well making things available everywhere (the regular shirts/shorts/shoes, some of the swimsuit tops, etc), but then they backslid a bit - at least last I checked - with the rashguards (which, honestly, are just more shirts. There's no reason to restrict them. They're not swimwear in the slightest.) Given the baseball pennants all over the new DS9, plus the uniforms being from an 'on board DS9' episode, I'll be really surprised if they're not usable there.
    There is no reason to restrict anything, but restricted they are, and in a usually Cryptic arbitrary manner.

I'm not interested in being able to use the outfits on DS9. It's everywhere or nowhere for me. I said it in 2014 and will say it again, the map-restricted clothes are by far the stupidest thing this game has ever seen.
    That reminds me, I need to go to a tailor and check if any of the older stuff has been shifted around categories again. Or if that'll happen when the new Risa patch hits. Be nice if the patch notes ever mentioned changes in the tailor categories.
    (the Herald Thrall gear got added to uniforms or off-duty at some point in the past. It makes an interesting combination with some things, and odd one with many others.)
    I'd be content with them at least updating the descriptions on the item boxes when changing the map restrictions. Several of the swimsuit parts can actually be worn in off-duty these days, but the game doesn't tell you this anywhere. You can only find out by buying and opening the box and trying it.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I have this image in my head now of an all Tac BOff team that only throw grenades and use melee weapons while dressed in the baseball uniforms.

Ah, how epic it would be to be able to put one's boffs in the baseball unis!

Very much looking forward to hitting the beach, and earning some goodies! ♥
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    jexsamx wrote: »

Ah, how epic it would be to be able to put one's boffs in the baseball unis!

Very much looking forward to hitting the beach, and earning some goodies! ♥
    Nothing from Risa has ever been boff-wearable. :disappointed:
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Very much a pity. Always wanted a McHale's Navy themed crew with the aloha shirts.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    > kiralyn wrote: »
    >
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > There is no reason to restrict anything, but restricted they are, and in a usually Cryptic arbitrary manner.
    >
    > I'm not interested in being able to use the outfits on DS9. It's everywhere or nowhere for me. I said it in 2014 and will say it again, the map-restricted clothes are by far the stupidest thing this game has ever seen.
    >

As understand it the map restriction on swimware was a reguirment of CBS. All the other outfits could be worn in the off duty slot, which isn't map restricted.
    mez83 wrote: »
    As understand it the map restriction on swimware was a reguirment of CBS. All the other outfits could be worn in the off duty slot, which isn't map restricted.
    Not all swimsuits are restricted, nor are swimsuits the only things that are restricted.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    mez83 wrote: »
    Not all swimsuits are restricted, nor are swimsuits the only things that are restricted.

Yeah, there's a lot of inconsistency. I personally suspect bad communication as the main cause, rather than any kind of rational policy.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    YESSSS!!!!!!

BASEBALL HATS!!!!!!

Best.
    Event.
    Prise.
    EVER!!!!!!

I wonder if we can wear them backwards?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.