test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why the Nar'fi Methaphasic shield cannot be upgraded?

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
It's an excellent shield for a shuttle, but it seems that no shuttle equipment/weapon can be upgraded, why?
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This might be rephrased as: oversight/bug, the Nar'Fi shield can't be upgraded. There may not, in fact, be an explanation beyond that it's one of the ones Cryptic missed. If there is, then it may lie with this being shuttle-only equipment. It's hard to say without dev input.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    There's a lot of random stuff out there that's excluded from upgrading, many of which also happen to be unobtainable as well. There's the Neodymium Deflector, Tetryon-Plasma Engines, Dynamic Reroute Engines, Subatomic Deflector, Dual Injection Singularity Core, and a lot of other random stuff that's just been forgotten after all this time.

Now, a lot of these are sorta useless, but I'd still enjoy all of the items being available for upgrade (And also if the rest of those pre-order/special edition/unobtainable items were added to the phoenix box *Cough cough*)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Those items you're talking about are level-less, meaning they scale to the player rather than needing to be upgraded. This includes the narfi-metaphasic shield.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Those items you're talking about are level-less, meaning they scale to the player rather than needing to be upgraded. This includes the narfi-metaphasic shield.

The problem with that is that scaling items are always going to be weaker than the same item at Mk12, and even moreso compared to something that was upgraded to Mk15 and UR/Epic. They scale to around Mk10-11. It's why you should always place level-scaling items in the upgrade window the second you are able to, it's a free increase in strength that some of these items just don't have.