test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone noticing that the enemy keeps mega critting?

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Do you need all four pieces of that Tzenkethi set to get all the bonuses or do you just need the torpedo, one weapon and the console?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Don't know. But I've got a decent Tetryon build with stuff from Nukara Rep and other things that don't involve the Lobi Store so... *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2018
    I was thinking about that torpedo too, and I might have enough lobi for it. Maybe for my tetryon turret boat.

goawayeditmonster!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I mostly use the Nukara set for a Tet build, for the clicky power. I tried the 3 piece Tzenkethi set but the shields honestly felt weaker than the Nukara.

I'll probably try messing with it again at some point.

Other things I use are the Krenim set, 2 piece console/mine Nukara, Sticky Web... basically anything and everything I can squeeze in that augments Tet damage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    That's what I try to do too. I'm using the preeminate ship set and it seems to do good. The turrets worked better than the beams and I have the web mine and chroniton mine and quantum phase torpedo.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    The Sticky Web seems to fizzle out though, where it will activate, but no sticky web wall appears.
    I always find it amusing when my webs catch someone. It's not as often as I'd like, but they're fun and hold them in place while I peck at them with my turrets.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Yup. I just wish I knew why it would fizzle out sometimes though.
    It isn't a bug, is it?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I think it is.

When you use the Sticky Web, its supposed to do the animation, and then you get the octagon wall with your target stuck in the center.

Sometimes when I use it, it does the animation, but no wall forms, and the console goes on cooldown just like it would when it functions normally. My target is unaffected and is maneuvering as if nothing was fired at it.

If I was still able to set up 1v1 PvP matches, I'd be able to set up a couple tests with a controlled environment. But... can't do that as the "challenge player" option has not been available for a while now. Probably too many people cheesing the system when the PvP endeavor comes up.
    edited August 2018
    Well, if the challenge feature worked I'd certainly help test it if we were ingame together.

edited please don't eat my post.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I seem to do okay mostly...only thing that has been really annoying is the Borg Queen in disconnected. Seems to 1 shot me even with full health and shields up with her photonic shockwave.
    Its not a Photonic Shockwave. Its a supped up Radiation Blast like from an Aceton Assimilator. Best thing to do when fighting the Queen is stay 5 km away from her. That puts you out of range of the Radiation Blast.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its not a Photonic Shockwave. Its a supped up Radiation Blast like from an Aceton Assimilator. Best thing to do when fighting the Queen is stay 5 km away from her. That puts you out of range of the Radiation Blast.

It says photonic shockwave when I looked up what killed me...I can try it again later tonight...I'm sure it says photonic shockwave.
    I don't remember any knockback from it, which is part of Photonic Shockwave. I just remember a massive, green death blast that looks exactly like several Aceton Assimilators going off at the same time in the same place.
    Only thing I remember shooting a Torp Spread was the Unimatrix ship. I don't remember spheres being able to Torp Spread.
    rattler2 wrote: »

It says Photonic Shockwave, I was sure of it @rattler2

3zaA1FK.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    the queen's octahedron purportedly has access to every base power in the game, it just uses certain ones far more frequently...so photonic shockwave isn't surprising to see​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Perhaps they all shot torpedoes at him at the same time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Tholian R A just got 1 shot by a web cannon 198k physical damage ?????? :(
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Tholian R A just got 1 shot by a web cannon 198k physical damage ?????? :(

Whats your resistances at? Sounds like you got severely debuffed (That's why recluses are liked)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

This discussion has been closed.