test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Problems

2»

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Kyana Moon, during Time in a Bottle. Need to look at lighting 2.0 here. With it on, it's so dark you can't see anything.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    westmetals wrote: »
    trennan wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm not sure which episode she was trying to do, but I just helped a friend out with the library console bug.... I was playing a fed lib borg, whose ship uses the Belfast bridge, and she was able to use the console.

We also tested a human with the Temporal bridge, a Romulan with the D'Kora bridge, and a Jem'Hadar with the JH bridge, with no success.

I did this to get by Tradecraft. Then tried to use my Jem to help others. It didn't work. So it seems that it a hit and miss kind of thing there as well.

We tested it with several different character and bridge combinations. The Starfleet/Belfast was the only one we tested that worked. A Dominion/Jem'Hadar one was among our failed attempts.

Weird my success was with a Jem bridge. So for me it worked. I'd pass it along to my friends that need it still. But with fixes coming out in the next couple days or so. I don't think it's needed.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Ok other than some lighting problems here and there, and things like normal, i.e. boffs getting stuck. Just the Kobali Crisis Act Ii problem is the only real problem I ran in to from Solanae to Gamma, as I just finished all those arcs.

Once the I'm able to continue through the Romulan Arc and From Spectres to Borg Advance. I'll post any problems I find in there here.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Patch notes mentions the tradecraft fix so maybe same fix for all of the romulan errors? we'll see tomorrow, if not hopefully in next weeks patch?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
    rjewkes wrote: »
    Patch notes mentions the tradecraft fix so maybe same fix for all of the romulan errors? we'll see tomorrow, if not hopefully in next weeks patch?

Possibly. Right now, i can't see if there are more bugs than this in the story line on it. Being able to progress further in to the Rom arc and Spectres and such will allow me to see if there are more. Hopefully there won't be. But, we won't know that until we can get through them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Try again after this day's maintenance - not a long wait anymore.
    I still think and hope it should be fixed. (yesterdays' , tradecraft, mine enemy related post)

P.S.
    As for Spectres (as said, do neutral no more 1st just in case, it may block you if you didn't and choosing side is important indeed) I think it auto completed for me when I traveled in space but I don't remember where (I as probably just questing then). Since the quest is related to Drozana, maybe try to travel there?
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    Ok just on a quick look. Yesterday's War is now open for me. So that's working.

However. I've done Neutral No More. It's KDF aligned Romulan.
    Try again after this day's maintenance - not a long wait anymore.
    I still think and hope it should be fixed. (yesterdays' , tradecraft, mine enemy related post)

P.S.
    As for Spectres (as said, do neutral no more 1st just in case, it may block you if you didn't and choosing side is important indeed) I think it auto completed for me when I traveled in space but I don't remember where (I as probably just questing then). Since the quest is related to Drozana, maybe try to travel there?

2d2iva.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

With that being done. I'm still looking at.

2d2j0n.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I'll need to check Kobali Prime and see is Kobali Crisis, Act II, Hidden Assault is work or not. But I can now progress through my Romulan story line.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited June 2018
    Sorry, somehow mixed you up with another (where21 ?) who didn't do neutral no more.
    Do yesterday's war quests which you can now :)

Did you try BTW to travel to drozana and see if spectres is auto-done for you?

P.S.
    As of Kobali it had quirks for long, managed to do this on all relevant chars but can't help in a consistent way in that regard - there are others' posts on this regards though (while I tried to give advises in that regard, those didn't really help for that issue.) - sorry.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am so confused now.... I don't understand what is going on, any more. I just want to get my Delta Recruits all to Level 10 to get them to Risa. Hopefully, after Summer Event, everything is straightened out.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    what's going on:
    1. I am just a player like you and trennan, who misremembered who wrote what, sorry :)
    2. Tradecraft, Mine Enemy and Yesterday's War line was allegdly fixed by today's patch :)
    3. Kobali is not related, AFAIK, it's an old issue, but it's DOABLE.
    4. Some issues happened allegedly with today's patch though my character was not able to see those because of being in a Jemm'Hadar's mission still. It will hopefully be OK later?

and 5. in the past you linked a picture on your level ~twelve romulan showing Neutral No More is not marked as done and is available for you for the 1st time. It's an important quest.
    also 6. Spectres can be confusing as IIRC it is just done automatically when you travel in space, somewhere. I couldn't remember location but could b traveling to drozana is a good bet here since the quest relates to Drozana.

Good luck and enjoy leveling your other chars for risa later :) for deltas, don't forget ofc to collect nodes/int on every relevant quest (see transponder)
    In Home, the Hur'q are getting stuck in walls and floors. Which can block completion. Can beam out and try again. But it's something to look in to.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    what's going on:
    1. I am just a player like you and trennan, who misremembered who wrote what, sorry :)
    2. Tradecraft, Mine Enemy and Yesterday's War line was allegdly fixed by today's patch :)
    3. Kobali is not related, AFAIK, it's an old issue, but it's DOABLE.
    4. Some issues happened allegedly with today's patch though my character was not able to see those because of being in a Jemm'Hadar's mission still. It will hopefully be OK later?

and 5. in the past you linked a picture on your level ~twelve romulan showing Neutral No More is not marked as done and is available for you for the 1st time. It's an important quest.
    also 6. Spectres can be confusing as IIRC it is just done automatically when you travel in space, somewhere. I couldn't remember location but could b traveling to drozana is a good bet here since the quest relates to Drozana.

Good luck and enjoy leveling your other chars for risa later :) for deltas, don't forget ofc to collect nodes/int on every relevant quest (see transponder)

In the picture I linked? Look again. Replay is grayed out. Meaning I have done Neutral No More. As far as being level 12? Umm....

2d2pkg.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited June 2018
    The above post of mine was meant to where2r1 ...
    directly tried to answer what he asked.

Ah, you meant to ask ho could I confuse? well, you both had a problem with Spectres quest initiation so I mixed up (regarding Neutral No More issue) before that (but not in the above post)

*lesson to self. Try not to post (erm too much) when too tired :)

BTW and NOT related to romulans, but regarding point 4, I was finally allowed to skip the 6th Jemm'Hadar mission, but discovered it only after finishing the FE. Now I see which bug people meant regarding quests not being available, though delta and NR could still be approached even that way.
    edited June 2018
    [double post due to lag, please delete this one!]
    Some rendering issues I'm noticing so far.

Torp Spread

Eject Warp Plasma

Subspace Vortex

Right now these three are not rendering properly for me. I can see the damage from them, just not the effects like torpedos or the vortex, or the plasma. For that matter, just a regular torpedo isn't rending properly.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Ok just on a quick look. Yesterday's War is now open for me. So that's working.

However. I've done Neutral No More. It's KDF aligned Romulan.

Neutral No More has been bugged, at least for me, for over a year now: both my Rom toons (lvl 60 Fed aligned and lvl 25 KDF aligned) started getting the pop up to do it again around January of 2017. I submitted a ticket around March 2017, was told 'we're looking into it' and it was closed. The issue is still affecting both characters, and no patch notes have been seen about it getting fixed.

Also, my FedRom can't claim the 0718 Boff from the store, yet my Fed'Hadar can...

Ok, this solves itself. Though iSpectres is a level 11 story arc, it will not open until yon complete the Romulan Arc. I'm not sure if this is intended or not. But as I just finished the Rom Arc, it unlocked for hailing.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Thanks for info - I didn't remember it as like that but your (Trennan's) info just above could help others who are stuck with an unplayable/"unhailable" Spectres quest.
    Thanks for info - I didn't remember it as like that but your (Trennan's) info just above could help others who are stuck with an unplayable/"unhailable" Spectres quest.

Yeah, before I actually brought the Spectre's part back as a bug. Since, one should be able to start it right after choosing Fed/KDF, I kept playing through the Rom Arc. Since they just put in Gamma recruit, and one has to play through all those missions before you can play through the regular missions, the thought struck me, "Perhaps that's what it is."

Now, earlier I just finished What Lies Beneath, and am at What's Old is New. So, yeah, it seems the have to complete the Gamma recruit Arc, was also applied to the Romulan Arc as well. As I said, not sure if that was intentional. But, that's how it is.
    Mm5NeXy.gif