test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Puchased Zen, got this email...

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
I purchased some Zen, and used it to buy a ship. However, shortly thereafter, I got this email from Paypal:
Hello Stephen , 

Perfect World Entertainment has cancelled a Billing Agreement with you.

Description:Your ARC PayPal Express Checkout.

Manage your Billing Agreement by logging into your PayPal account and clicking the Billing Agreement link under your Profile. In your Profile, you can choose and edit your preferred funding source and cancel your Billing Agreement.

If you need to contact Perfect World Entertainment directly, please use the following avenues:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Business information
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Business:Perfect World Entertainment

Contact E-Mail:customerservice@perfectworld.com

Sincerely,

PayPal 

I'm posting this to find out what this might be about. The transaction seems to have gone through correctly, and I did receive a receipt for the transaction... so I'm perplexed by this email.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• Options
    starangel1980starangel1980 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I get this a lot, typically if I use PayPal on different devices/locations. A billing agreement gives a vendor the ability to charge your PayPal account without you having to authenticate, you might have seen a quick/speedy checkout option when you went to buy Zen. My guess is it's for security. I can log into Arc, buy some zen and log into PayPal to complete the transaction. You agree to the quick checkout option that first time. Then, after that, you won't have to log in to PayPal the next time--you just log into the Arc site and use PayPal as the payment method again--but you won't be prompted by PayPal to login again since the agreement is in effect. If you switch devices, networks, locations, or (possibly) clear your browser cache, it may trigger you to log in to PayPal again the next time you go to buy Zen. Once you accept the next prompted quick checkout agreement, it will cancel your old one automatically. Nothing to worry about, happens a lot (i.e., if I normally buy Zen at my home, but then go to work and buy on my work computer--that will trigger it). I'm thinking it's just security.