test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 6/14/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 6/14 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Nothing on the Cardassian uniforms?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Any chance we'll ever get Gorn bare feet for the Skant uniform?
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    No Fix for Romulans not able to finish Tradecraft & Mine Enemy?
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Please tell me Cardassian outfits are going in was looking forward to seeing those :(
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    why is it that the federation jem hadar have the full spread of missions from the start of the federation but the klingons only have the missions that all factions can do and do not have access to the klingon only like the feds have access to the federation only missions? i feel that if your gonna give the fed jem hadar access to the fed only missions we klingon jem hadar should have access to the klingon only missions as well?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    tomilak, the Jem'Hadar are not the only faction that suffers from that issue. If the Romulans choose KDF in the mission Turning Point they do not have access to the KDF-only missions either, they only get the cross-faction ones as well. It was probably an oversight on Cryptic's part or it was intentional. Who knows.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    And still that bug with Mindscape where it's unplayable for Jem'Hadar.
    Guess that one takes a bit more time.​​
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @morden613 said:
    > And still that bug with Mindscape where it's unplayable for Jem'Hadar.
    > Guess that one takes a bit more time.​​

I didn't have any problem playing mindscape with my jem'hadar
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    i really hope they are fixing the Cardassian uniform, I was looking very forward to it being fixed since the launch.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    All Jem'Hadar captains can now Transwarp to Deep Space Nine.
    Yay! :)
    Resolved an issue which caused Cardassian Intel ships to completely disappear when using cloak.
    Yay! Sucks not knowing WHERE my ship is or what way its facing! :D
    Resolved an issue where civilians were bunching up in some rooms on Deep Space Nine.
    That was such a stupid bug to not fix before launch. :o
    Resolved an issue which caused the Damar-class Cardassian Intel Science Dreadnought to have an incorrect turn rate of 7.5, and instead now correctly matches the documented 6.5 turn rate.
    BOO! Fix the documentation! Don't nerf my ship! :#

No fix for Swarm queue not progressing past Phase 1 occasionally? :/
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you do realize giving jem'hadar free transwarp to DS9 invalidates one of the T4 diplomacy duty officer rewards for the ones that chose federation?

how about making it the idran system instead...and tying it to completion of T1 gamma rep, which it SHOULD have had in the first place​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    So why is there is Cardassian outfit listed?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    tomilak, the Jem'Hadar are not the only faction that suffers from that issue. If the Romulans choose KDF in the mission Turning Point they do not have access to the KDF-only missions either, they only get the cross-faction ones as well. It was probably an oversight on Cryptic's part or it was intentional. Who knows.

Fed-allied Romulans also cannot play Fed-specific missions through any normal means. This is presumably intended. Klingon-allied Jem'Hadar not getting to play any Klingon-specific missions is likely an oversight, as you said, given that Fed-allied Jem'Hadar can play Fed-specific missions.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    The bug fixes that were ready in time for tomorrow's path are substantial, and I appreciate the hard work.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    So, instead of giving Jem'Hadar either a Gamma Quadrant social zone, or at a bare minimum, a Transwarp to Idran system, you instead kill the last good thing about Tier 4 Diplomacy commendation (for Jems at least).

*golf clap*
    Wait, you're removing uniform options for Fed Jem'Hadar? Seriously? If so you can forget me spending anything on them. I was considering getting Vanguard if it gave me more Fed tailor unlocks than the one measly uniform, but if you're going to nerf that option you can forget it I'll keep my Zen and park the character. I'm already unhappy with not being able to play female characters in the new faction, if you limit our appearance options even more I will erase the damned thing and not spend anything on it.
    EDIT: I was actually going to buy the costume pack too if it didn't come with it, because I'd like to use it on other characters so this is 1150 zen I won't be spending if I don't have the customization options I want.

While I get what you're saying, and agree that I'd like female Jem'Hadar, they simply do not exist.
    In fact, you can argue Jem'Hadar aren't even male either. They're non-sexual, extremely genetically modified, warriors.

The best option would have been to just remove the male logo button from the editor, and indicate they are neither gender.

Also, them having access to fed uniforms was most likely a mistake, one they had before in LoR iirc.
    Frankly we don't actually have enough customization IMO. Boffs can't use off-duty costumes, you can't even change costumes of the majority of good ones. Customization is a mess.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that resulted in Jem’Hadar Vanguard Captains to not be able to claim the Gamma Recruit Specialization Rewards.

Thanks so much for this. I stopped playing my Jem'Hadar altogether after I claimed the L5 R&D reward and got 5 Fed aligned Doffs on a Klingon aligned Jem'Hadar. I'm looking forward to the new uniform options as well. I may just upgrade a lot of Jem'Hadar equipment this weekend after all. :)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    There's quite a few swimwear fixes listed but I doubt that means that they are going to launch the Risa event now.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    The issues with the landing page are becoming too frequent. Too many players hate it. Just get rid of it completely. There are far more other important things need fixing rather than keep trying to fix something most players don't like.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Nothing on the Cardassian uniforms?

I curious about this as well, it was tweeted last week that they would be in this patch
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I hope this patch also means those npcs bot walking and protesting in quarks are gone.
    Removed access to some Federation specific uniforms that Jem’Hadar captains had access to.

Thanks for the heads up that you're making this change, went ahead and created a bunch of fed uniforms for my Jem'Hadar while I still can :)
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Removed access to some Federation specific uniforms that Jem’Hadar captains had access to.

Thanks for the heads up that you're making this change, went ahead and created a bunch of fed uniforms for my Jem'Hadar while I still can :)

What uniforms can you access, and are they for Vanguard only? I can only access one fed uni on my regular Jem.

I didn't look to see what all was available, just made each of the Odyssey variants (gray shoulders, white shoulders, and two different admiral uniforms). Mine IS a Vanguard if it makes any difference, idk.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Any chance we'll ever get the TOS Gorn uniforms we were promised with AoY, and which the named Gorn and Heavy Ranger NPCs wear?

As for access to ally specific missions, IIRC, neither Fed-allied or KDF-allied Romulans can do them, and neither can KDF-allied Jem'Hadar. I would think the fact that Fed-allied Jemmies CAN is a bug.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Any chance we'll ever get the TOS Gorn uniforms we were promised with AoY, and which the named Gorn and Heavy Ranger NPCs wear?

As for access to ally specific missions, IIRC, neither Fed-allied or KDF-allied Romulans can do them, and neither can KDF-allied Jem'Hadar. I would think the fact that Fed-allied Jemmies CAN is a bug.

They're fixing them to be playable for Fed-allied Jems, so it either isn't a bug or they've decided to run with it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Time to go make a bunch of Fed uniforms for my Jem I guess.

Also, the tweet suggested Cardie uniforms would be fixed, yet the patch notes do not reflect this. Careless omission, or did the fix not make it in?
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Time to go make a bunch of Fed uniforms for my Jem I guess.

Also, the tweet suggested Cardie uniforms would be fixed, yet the patch notes do not reflect this. Careless omission, or did the fix not make it in?

I'm really wanting to see them added today. Please Add them! Devs!
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Will the Jem'Hadar Vanguard innate trait work after this? I can't seem to find the attempted fix in the list and the issue is still occurring, confirmed by multiple users in multiple ships, both ground and space.
This discussion has been closed.