test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'hadar armor options

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Returning player. My old lvl 50 characters have a zillion shiny armor options, but all I have with my jem'hadar is my nol'ennis rugby outfit and some metal plates.

How do I unlock the other stuff?

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Presumption: that you can unlock the other stuff. ;)

Jem'Hadar simply don't have many customization options (at least on the KDF side, I understand they get a little bit more with FED). The miscellaneous armor bits though are not yet included. There is a new uniform set tied to another Gamma Quadrant species offered out by the new episodes but where you'll be getting most of your Jem'Hadar tailor options are:

• Fleet holdings (cheapest)
    • Summer/Winter event (ie. Winter Jackets)
    • Reputation armor (Terran and Lukari come with individual pieces for tight uniforms)
    • Lobi store (probably wise to test with a Jem'Hadar copied to tribble though)
    • C-store (Mercenary, Formal, and Talaxian costumes; the others don't work for Jem)

Feedback has been provided to Cryptic that "hey, more by default would be greatly appreciated!" but we'll see what they do in the coming updates to ViL.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Some options are also locked behind the Pay'Hadar Vanguard like the fancy armor Odo's officer is wearing.
  • jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Ah, thanks. Rugby outfit for now. :-(
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Some options are also locked behind the Pay'Hadar Vanguard like the fancy armor Odo's officer is wearing.

Are the Vanguard Zen'Hadars from the starter pack eligible for Odo's officer armor?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • orpheusjmorpheusorpheusjmorpheus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    jaeph wrote: »
    Returning player. My old lvl 50 characters have a zillion shiny armor options, but all I have with my jem'hadar is my nol'ennis rugby outfit and some metal plates.

How do I unlock the other stuff?

Have you selected a faction yet? My JH armor options were very limited until I picked a faction, then I got that faction's stuff.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Have you selected a faction yet? My JH armor options were very limited until I picked a faction, then I got that faction's stuff.

Only for FED (ATM), KDF Jem'Hadar don't get anything for faction choice.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Are the Vanguard Zen'Hadars from the starter pack eligible for Odo's officer armor?

Yes, the armor is included in both packs. I also noticed it has made it's way in the regular c-store, dunno it's price since I got it from the pack but I guess it's the usual 550.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Yes, the armor is included in both packs. I also noticed it has made it's way in the regular c-store, dunno it's price since I got it from the pack but I guess it's the usual 550.

Thanks. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    From what I can tell my Fed'hadar can wear all the same clothes my normal Feddies can. Subject to unlocks, of course.

Do note most of the "shiny armor" are unlocked by acquiring the reputation ground sets.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Vanguard BOFFs by default are wearing the Vanguard armor, i.e. the skintight suit with the metal chestplate. My KDF characters that claimed the Vanguard BOFFs do not access the standard Jem'Hadar / Canon-uniforms. They don't even have the Ketracel White tubes as an option. You can see the standard Jem'Hadar uniform window, but selecting it goes to basic shirt, improper type uniform items.

It's a big mess outside actual Dominion factioned Jem'Hadar.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Aside from the default Jem'Hadar options, my fed Jem'Hadar has access to every single outfit option the rest of my fed toons do, both "uniform" and "off duty". He also has access to an unique "faction aligned" version of the Jem'Hadar uniform. However, my KDF aligned Jem'Hadar only has access to the default outfits, Vanguard uniform, Nol-Ennis uniform, Mercenary uniform and the off duty items. No faction outfits at all.