test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to level up beyond lvl 65

splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
Dear Cryptic fellow Players.

to fill the level bar at lvl 65 to gain a spec point via actual experience takes around 150k +/- the regular mission reward is about 13k to 15k adding pew pew exp that includes the 700 Veteran bonus.

Instance ques pretty much do give no reward in regards to exp other then the pew pew exp you get from killing stuff.

Adding Admirality into the mix while usually finishing a tour of duty mission rewarded you a quarter to a third of a level you get now about a 10th.

So here is my question while before ViL spec point grinding was not that awesome a reward in itself is this further slowing down toon development as intended?

Just to put in into perspective a casual player that ignores ques and only runs story missions would need to earn 80 spec points more then 800 missions.
So if this person would run every single day at least two mission or three missions after about a year those said toon would have earned 80 spec points.

Considering the usual run time of a mission between 15 to 30 minutes.

I know i know this is not the most scientific way to do math but hey it should get it across what i am trying to understand what the agenda is.

Disclaimer i am not the casual gamer that only has about a hour a day time to spend on STO i do not ignore ques and i do not ignore Admirality still progress feels worse then ever for since ViL.

So what are my fellow Players thoughts and opinion on this?
What is Cryptics Agenda and justification?