test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to edit text in editor

2»

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Regarding the inability to enter text into fields, I have confirmed this is the case with a Windows 7 machine. So far Windows 10 seems to be unaffected. Tested on both computers the same project and the creation of a new project. It appears therefore to be no longer possible to create content on non-W10 PCs.

Great to know, I'll pass the word along directly.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited May 2018
    Good to know. :)

Update on Spiritborn's post-downtime text bug: I reached out to Foundry authors on twitter and we haven't been able to replicate the bug on windows 7 or windows 8.1. From what Matt found this is probably local, not sure what to look into besides maybe a keyboard or language settings in windows or some other aspect of hardware (might be good to post the specs of affected PC's.) Maybe Spiritborn inadvertently hit a command while playing Sompek? Not being able to type anything into the Foundry could mean that your PC is trying to use an alphabet variant that isn't supported (or is no longer supported).

If we can't work this out today, no worries. I just want to provide Cryptic with as much information as we can when I send a report on everything we've found in this thread (qualifying issues included.)

Update: I just had the text issue briefly occur on a Win 10 machine. Couldn't enter mission titles but issue cleared when I went into the editor.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Good to know. :)

Update on Spiritborn's post-downtime text bug: I reached out to Foundry authors on twitter and we haven't been able to replicate the bug on windows 7 or windows 8.1. From what Matt found this is probably local, not sure what to look into besides maybe a keyboard or language settings in windows or some other aspect of hardware (might be good to post the specs of affected PC's.) Maybe Spiritborn inadvertently hit a command while playing Sompek? Not being able to type anything into the Foundry could mean that your PC is trying to use an alphabet variant that isn't supported (or is no longer supported).

If we can't work this out today, no worries. I just want to provide Cryptic with as much information as we can when I send a report on everything we've found in this thread (qualifying issues included.)

Update: I just had the text issue briefly occur on a Win 10 machine. Couldn't enter mission titles but issue cleared when I went into the editor.

I dunno about matt but I use the Nordic keyboard config which has additional letters in the form of "Ä", "Ö" and "Å" and some resuffling of keyboard commands due to that.

EDIT:as for the update that's how it started with me, I couldn't write new mission titles but, I could unlock the text frames by writing into the description box of a pre-existing mission and this was pre-Sompek so that so me doing something during it can't be the rootcause as I had issues before it too.
    Author Admiral Aaron seems to have been completely knocked out, like Spiritborn. He's running win 10, I think. I'll be creating a new thread so we can post all troubleshooting information separate from the rewards issue.

And for Spiritborn: he was not playing Sompek. He was in the Foundry, game crashed, and upon logging back in he couldn't type in the Foundry. Sompek also had no effect for me either, when it was bugged for me I had logged straight in. If there is a trigger we can identify: it has to be something else.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I just saw this thread and had to stifle what I'm sure would have been a very long and nasty string of Bajoran curses if I actually spoke the language. I've pointed the other mods to it and will be checking my own Foundry mission this afternoon. I will also message Borticus to have someone take a look at it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I've tried to split this off to the best of my ability and preserve the original bits of the thread related to the keyboard issue. if I missed any let me know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • jargonautsjargonauts Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is this problem going to be fixed from what I am getting any1 below Win 10 can't type. I have Win 7 and A Razor Blackwidow Chroma. Im not going to upgrade to Win 10 because Vista, Win 8, and Win 10 are all TRIBBLE. Win 7 still beats those in the games area. I want to create A mission and I can't because I can't do any txt
    With a Phaser or Lightsaber it doesnt matter to me
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    jargonauts wrote: »
    Is this problem going to be fixed from what I am getting any1 below Win 10 can't type. I have Win 7 and A Razor Blackwidow Chroma. Im not going to upgrade to Win 10 because Vista, Win 8, and Win 10 are all ****. Win 7 still beats those in the games area. I want to create A mission and I can't because I can't do any txt

Alt+Tab when in the Foundry will fix the bug.
This discussion has been closed.