What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[VIL] Gamma Vanguard Pack - Discussion

13»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Hey, folks, forgive my inexperience, but could someone confirm for me that if I unlock the Vanguard pack on a non-Jem'Hadar, that I'll still have access to the Vanguard ships on a future Jem'Hadar character? The wording around "only available to Dominion captains" makes me uncertain. Thanks!

The Vanguard Jem'Hadar ships are only available to Jem'Hadar captains at first. Once Mastery is completely unlocked on them at Level 6, then they become available to your non-Jem'Hadar captains, and you will be able to claim those ships on any and all characters on your account including future characters.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    (Before anyone yelps about this being another thread aboput this, apparently the mods closed the last one for not staying on point.)

Are we getting one?

If so, what Era?

Is it going to cost Lobi or Zen?

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Eventually, will be Cardie only, and free if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Thank You
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

I mean it's not exactly free, more like it's bundled with with the Cardassian race, which combined with the ability to purchase Cardassian boffs is why Cardassians are more expensive than other c-store races.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Per patch notes, uniforms come tomorrow
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I keep getting the feeling that they may have forgotten to create a Cardassian emblem badge for the uniforms.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    By “classic” uniform I hope they don’t mean the tng ones with those terrible helmets
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    By “classic” uniform I hope they don’t mean the tng ones with those terrible helmets

Those only appeared in one episode. After that they wore the more recognizable ones as seen in DS9.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Much the way the first Trill looked nothing like what we got later.

And thankfully too. The spots are so much better than the forehead detail.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I wonder if they'll have a Legate's Badge
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    So I bought the vanguard pack and just like any character on my account can claim the pack, any character's been able to claim and wear the Jemy Vanguard tactical uniform and classic Jemy uniform, I think they can also claim the dominion hazard suit as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Any Character on my account can claim a Cardassian ship from the pack too.

So my question is: can the same be said about the Cardassian uniform? Can any character on my account claim that too?

Here's hoping :)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It says it's for Cardassians captains only. Hopefully that means Cardassian boffs too. Sad that pre-existing Alien-Cardassians can't use it but it isn't the end of the world.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    From their wording in the notes its cardassian captain only. Meaning only new cardassian characters. Which is completely lame for those like me who made cardassians with alien gen years ago who were waiting on the uniform for them. Im not remaking my captain from day one for anything. I hope the devs fix this and make it cross faction account wide unlock for ALL characters since the cardassian ships are all crossfaction.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I already converted one of my alien fakedassians to something else and one other still remains, unfortunately this other one happens to have a Keldon on them and I probably wont use this toon anymore despite it originally being my main engi, now I mostly focus on two tac's one the main-main character, and the other being the Cardassian I made, and finally my main sci.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    From their wording in the notes its cardassian captain only. Meaning only new cardassian characters. Which is completely lame for those like me who made cardassians with alien gen years ago who were waiting on the uniform for them. Im not remaking my captain from day one for anything. I hope the devs fix this and make it cross faction account wide unlock for ALL characters since the cardassian ships are all crossfaction.
    Yeah I hope so too but it's not the end of the world IMO. You can probably still use the outfit on new Cardassian boffs which I plan on using. If nothing else, I'd like to see a Cardassian uniform available to other races in some form even if it's a lobi outfit or some other more expensive method.

Like you I have too much stuff sunk into my Alien-Cardassian to redesign it. Promo ships, lock box ships, lobi ships, traits etc. Probably about 5+ billion worth of stuff.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I already converted one of my alien fakedassians to something else and one other still remains, unfortunately this other one happens to have a Keldon on them and I probably wont use this toon anymore despite it originally being my main engi, now I mostly focus on two tac's one the main-main character, and the other being the Cardassian I made, and finally my main sci.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much since it's an Engineer.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > I already converted one of my alien fakedassians to something else and one other still remains, unfortunately this other one happens to have a Keldon on them and I probably wont use this toon anymore despite it originally being my main engi, now I mostly focus on two tac's one the main-main character, and the other being the Cardassian I made, and finally my main sci.

Can't you rebox the Keldon?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'll use the uniform or not on my Cardassian, I have him shirtless now and the detailed work Cyptic did on his torso is amazing, I don't want to cover it up.
  • Options
    It's coming with this patch
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    FYI Gamma pack is 25% off right now at product page. Only $97.49 USD
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Finally got a Tier 6 Mastery, on the Raider.

Also to clear that Name and Shame Shadow-banned Avatar from this Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I might have missed it, the vanguard pack is coming to console, but the list of items it contains doesn't seem to be the same as the PC. Namely I didn't see the t5 galor on there.
    Am I forgetting something? The PC one had the galor right?
    Now I'm wondering if there's anything else not included in ours.
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Looks like we don't get any of the additions so far, no vanguard carrier, ev suits or boffs listed.
    I hope that's just them copying the original list and that those will be included.
This discussion has been closed.