test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIL] Gamma Recruits and Gamma Recruitment Event - Discussion

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
Merging all topics, questions/answers, and discussion threads here regarding: Gamma Recruits and the Gamma Recruitment Event.

pIWTn8y.png
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ive spent 6 specialization points now on my Jemhadar toon and its not gotten credit for any of them in its recruitment achievements. Ive spoken with fleeties and they are having the same problem. Should have unlocked the 1 point and 5 point recruit reward for spending specialization points but nadda. Whats up, does anyone know?
    Also is anyone else with a Jemhadar having trouble getting into the mission to save the Azura, the first Fed mission? Was hoping to get a call freighter but cant get into the mission after accepting it.
  • sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    grayfreth wrote: »
    Also is anyone else with a Jemhadar having trouble getting into the mission to save the Azura, the first Fed mission? Was hoping to get a call freighter but cant get into the mission after accepting it.

I think thats because JH get their own call freighter token

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Those are bugs that keep getting reported both here and on Reddit.
    sisko09 wrote: »

I haven't seen a freighter summon for the Jem'Hadar.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    This is the number one grumble I've see in my fleet chat, but it's good to see it bugged already. Hopefully it'll be fixed shortly.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    tyler002 wrote: »

It's an option in the third mission. The personal Karemma trader comm code.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User

That's a ground thing, it doesn't summon a freighter.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • wuchisanwuchisan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If I create a Temperal Agent during the Gamma Recruitment, what are the beneifits? Do they get Temperal Benefits as well as Gamma benefits?
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    Seems like I stumbled across a way to check everything I need to do but can't recall where it is?
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    if i create a jemmy he starts at lvl 60 my question is if i make a lets say human during this event is it considered a gamma recruit and gets the transponder device and im sure it starts a lvl 1 or is it only jem hadar that can be gamma recruits what about cardassians?
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    ty
    and will make note of vague thread titles
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • malkavian3108malkavian3108 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

That trader comm only works on the ground and not in space
    edited June 2018
    Ok! All in all happy with the new season and the Vangaurd toon. BUT!!!! Reps that aren't topped out won't accept sponsorship tokens, the specialization bonus is broked as I have advanced 9 slots and still can't even get the bonus for using 1 and would like some clarification on the cue's as to weather when it says complete 25 cue's do they mean 25 cues or 25 different cue's because I've done 25 cue's + Mostly Borg red alert and swarm and can't access that bonus either. Ps. Love the Gem Carrier. What an awesome boat. :)
    I still havent seen anything about the gamma recruit bug that isnt giving us credit for spending specialty points, the issue with Queues not crediting or seeming to past the first one or why "Stranded In Space" Fed mission isnt working for Jemhadar in any patch notes or even mentioned as a known bug in them. Has anyone seen any word on these issues?
  • ninpoichibanninpoichiban Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Extensive google foo on my LCARS terminal did not present me with any mentions of the Azura mission or the not counted specialization points @grayfreth or the sponsorship oddness mentioned by malkavian. Haven't had time for more then 10 queues, so I can't rant about the not given reward for completing 25 queues yet - YET, as this will change this weekend for sure.
    Wonder, if Ambassador Kael has similar problems...
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Reading this makes me glad I made a Gamma Recruit, got the device, and promptly parks it on DS9. I may have hit level 61 on it. But, then I know the leveling rewards work, not the recruit ones, like the level 61 promotion ship.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Indeed, the free T5-u Jemmie ship didn't happen for my toon also. They're not even implemented in the available t5-u list.
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Ive spent 6 specialization points now on my Jemhadar toon and its not gotten credit for any of them in its recruitment achievements. Ive spoken with fleeties and they are having the same problem. Should have unlocked the 1 point and 5 point recruit reward for spending specialization points but nadda. Whats up, does anyone know?

I just spent 5 and didn't get either lvl 1 or lvl 2 rewards

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Both VJH have joined fleets and did not get the unlock for it.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • blackjack#9978 blackjack Member Posts: 18 Arc User

you need to play 20 hours before that unlocks, it worked for me.

Spent 11 spec points and no rewards on my VJH.
    Joan "Black Jack" Geary - L65 - Andorian Science
    Jane Geary - L65 - Trill Tactical
    T'Laran - L65 - Romulan/Fed Engineer
    BlackJack - L65 - Jem'Hadar Vanguard/Fed Engineer
    Darkwitch - L65 - Human
    Tihis - L65 - Romulan/Klingon Engineer
    Kirengouk - L35 - Alien/Tactical
    The SS Azura mission is working now. The rest still appears broke still.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    A Vorta approving of my Jem'Hadar recruit:

LameDeepAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

I got the 1 and 5 reward here. Granted, I waited til yesterday to work on my GR. But I also slotted the one I pointed in to. Weird as it may be, in the proces one of my boffs lost BFAW, and gained attack pattern beta in it's place.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Yah I just spent another couple spec points and didnt get credit for them. Ive tried spending points in a specialty as the primary, as the secondary, as unselected, while on the ground and while in space. So the spec point spending just is not crediting with some of us period.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

I got the 1 and 5 reward here. Granted, I waited til yesterday to work on my GR. But I also slotted the one I pointed in to. Weird as it may be, in the proces one of my boffs lost BFAW, and gained attack pattern beta in it's place.

I spent two points this morning, and didn't get it. I even tried slotting the one I spent into (Commando). Did that work for you right off, or did you have to log out or something first?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I've seen where some say they're getting credit and some say that they're not. I'm holding on to my points until it's resolved. Still, I have a question. What specializations are you folks spending your points on? Is it a primary or secondary tree? Maybe there's some commonality to the bug. If you are getting credit, what tree was it on?
This discussion has been closed.