test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rom Mission "Tradecraft" major bug

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    carter103 wrote: »
    Do you guys know when the next patch will be?

Probably Thursday

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    carter103 wrote: »
    Do you guys know when the next patch will be?

Probably Thursday

Hopefully. For not though you can just jump to Spectres and keep plugging. As I also noted here...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1241578/tracdecraft

I've tried work arounds for this. Changing ships and hoping on another persons bridge. Neither worked. another in game said he attempted a work around of using a klingon ship for it, but that didn't work either.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Another thing you can do here. Since one can't complete this mission currently. If you've played through ti before. You can just skip it for now.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • carter103carter103 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So, all the Romulan missions after allies are bugged?
  • flux#6821 flux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also submitted a ticket. Would love to finish progress on my Romulan character.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Editing to make a useless post of mine somehow useful (was posted as read patch notes wrongly)

Tradecraft issue for Romulan char had became acknoledged as a known issue.
    "Romulans players cannot progress past the mission "Tradecraft." "

Patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10932033
    No fix yet.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Another thing you can do here. Since one can't complete this mission currently. If you've played through ti before. You can just skip it for now.

Doesn't matter. Any mission that requires the terminal will be stalled since Romulans can't access that terminal period. One would have thought that a game breaker like this would have been addressed asap, but hey it's only Romulans.
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Well, there goes another week at least before a fix.
  • whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Editing to make a useless post of mine somehow useful (was posted as read patch notes wrongly)

Tradecraft issue for Romulan char had became acknoledged as a known issue.
    "Romulans players cannot progress past the mission "Tradecraft." "

Patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10932033
    No fix yet.

*sigh*….Well at least it's listed as known now. But yeah, kaithan, hard to believe something like this just gets glossed over. This is weird to say, but I'm hoping this is part of a much larger problem that they're trying to fix.
  • mandos21mandos21 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yeah, and bugs listed as known take about 3 patches to fix. Even though, you know, it breaks 30% of the game.

TRIBBLE this. I wanted to level up my romulan and buy klingon ships but TRIBBLE it.

And even if they fix this, who's to say it won't happen again or that there isn't another blocker down the line.
  • melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer
    Can someone tell me what ship they are using and seeing this issue on?
  • whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User

I've seen it on my Dhaelen warbird, but from what I've seen around the forum it's happening on any ship owned by a Romulan character.
  • melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer
    Okay, I've found the issue. Thanks
  • gonkstergonkster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Known Issues:

Romulans players cannot progress past the mission "Tradecraft."

Even after the patch?
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User

When is this going to be sorted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPdlxGZkFE

Into the 4th week now.
  • lordaliaslordalias Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Invited players can use the terminal, just Romulans that are locked out.
  • spiteuspiteu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Dhaelen warbird for me as well.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Just in case it may be of help, mentioning - as other player mentioned "Mine Enemy", I just tried "Mine Enemy" quest (library access was needed) on my Rom Fed Delta after maintenance (started before maintenance then maintenance made a break but could continue just from when stopped). had a lot of snrs etc BUT it worked. was on Vorgon Carrier. Hope it helps. (char already did tradecraft before expansion along with all yesterday's war quests bellow level 50 along with all NR line, skipped or done all lines up to 50, so couldn't give feedback on tradecraft as asn't stuck there)

Long story short. NO ISSUE here, romulan char, "Mine Enemy" quest, COULD use library on the ship: Vorgon Ryn'kodan Carrier

P.S.
    Could be I thought I put some wrong answers, so reopened a file (unable to change anymore) and then reciprocity again and maybe pass again (could be I forgot to pass on that file?) after it was done (after some crashes during missions as said thought) and then it solved the quest so I could hail the quest at that point. Adding minor details as it might help in the unlikely case it's related to the issue of those who COULD interact but couldn't finish. You need 4 files to pass key the 5th this is why mentioned the pass here too.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    borketta wrote: »
    Also have the same issue. I've tried droping the mission and re-hailing / exiting the game in the ready room and reloading / doing the mission before again / changing ships. Nothing seems to work. I've raised a bug ticket in the game, not heard back yet.

I havn't heard back yet on my ticket either. Think they are ignoring us?
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
    * RR officers have discovered the ready room library computers on all ships weather war birds or Federation ships, no longer work properly. This prevents Enemy Mine or Tradcraft from completing. When the RR inquired of the RR and Mars fleet yards, they were told the ready room computers came from a company known as Cryptic Studios. Cryptic Studios claims they are working on it. The RR is upset with Cryptic Studios and is considering having their Fleet yards contract with someone else to make the ready room Library computers on RR ships.
    I am having this problem as well.

I tried working around this by switching to a Federation ship (the support cruiser from Temporal Ambassador) to try that ships bridge to get to the ships library, but it is missing from there as well.

I already tried that ship. Result was the same as you. I guess Cryptic Studios doesn't like Romulans or Remans.

ALL ships RR, FED and KNG. missions Mine Enemy and Tradecraft. Maybe other missions like that.
    edited June 2018
    I know what it is! STO was h acked by Microsoft! HA! HA! :p
  • jlf1961jlf1961 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    To the developers, either fix the blasted bug, or we will put rabid tribbles in your underwear!

Still aint fixed as of the 24th
    As engineerb4 stated in this thread. It looks like fixes for this should be rolling out by Thursaday.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1241643/romulan-problems
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • keilmekeilme Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Jumping onto another bridge worked for me. However, it was not a Jem ship. The Jem ship did let me see the option for accessing library, but it would only explain what it was for.
    I'm an impatient TRIBBLE and been playing long enough to know Cryptics fixes are coming this week, since 60 weeks ago. so I decided to try a couple other ships all of which I was invited to. They also failed to present the library console. Finally what did allow me to analyze the files, was a Belfast.

So the idea of being invited to another's bridge works. You may just have to try a few different ships till it does?
  • aprilthomasson31aprilthomasson31 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have deleted 2 Romulan Characters hoping that it would help unlock this mission but nope, two of my friends even tryed to help me only answer i could get from them was this.
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for the report about a gameplay related issue that you are encountering on the Mission: Tradecraft.

We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this moment, we can't say when it will be fixed and resolved but we assure you that our developers are looking into it as we speak and we thank you for your understanding on this matter.

We encourage players to keep an eye on this links for updates and resolution regarding this known issue:
    Official Newspage: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news
    Official Forums: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories

We truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Should you need any further assistance that falls out of this category, feel free to send us a new mail.

Regards,
    Rythum
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

Again this does not help anyone at all if this has been around for a while then why have they not fixed it.