test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rom Mission "Tradecraft" major bug

whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
I don't know how long this bug has been around, but I can't find anything about it anywhere. I've got a Romulan Delta Recruit from the event a couple months ago. I'm trying to play the episode "Tradecraft" but I can't access any files in my ready room. The terminals on the desk pop up, but there's no glow effect to indicate an interactable object, and there's no button saying Access Library Files or anything else in my ready room. The Account Bank terminal works just fine though.

I tried this mission on my other Romulan characters and got the same issue. Does anyone know a workaround to this aside from skipping the mission?

Comments

• psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    same on a reman in mine enemy

PSY
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • slicerjen#7883 slicerjen Member Posts: 1 New User
    I suspect it has something to do with the animation of the displays popping up. Same here, cannot access library to complete the Tradecraft quest. Kind of sad since it's an end arc reward offer, too.
  • siollefulsiolleful Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    same here. but i also sicne i skipped it cant access any other quests past temporal ambassador either, i thought maybe the patch might fix it but no luck,
    At the moment i considering remaking my character but really thatsa last ditch for me
  • dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Same for me. my Rom lvl21 got to the same point, and couldn't get the hot spot for the Tal'Shiar files to show up in the ready room. Tried restarting from Smash and Grab twice. Still no hotspot. WTH happened?
    "We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!
  • ryuren#8319 ryuren Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Game devs, I am one of those affected too like of the above. Glad I am not the only one with this problem.
  • hirodynetylor#4196 hirodynetylor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also have this problem with mine enemy, was not able to finish the mission because i could not find the library files to finish that mission on my romulan fed
    edited June 2018
    Tried it with my lvl 60, Same result.
    Post edited by dinkydr2 on
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

• borkettaborketta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Also have the same issue. I've tried droping the mission and re-hailing / exiting the game in the ready room and reloading / doing the mission before again / changing ships. Nothing seems to work. I've raised a bug ticket in the game, not heard back yet.
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by dinkydr2 on

• exk444exk444 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having this issue as well. Romulans characters are not able to access their ready room console preventing the completion of "Tradecraft" and "Mine Enemy". If you skip "Tradecraft" you are unable to access "The Once and Future Agent" preventing progression in the Romulan storyline.
  • whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    exk444 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue as well. Romulans characters are not able to access their ready room console preventing the completion of "Tradecraft" and "Mine Enemy". If you skip "Tradecraft" you are unable to access "The Once and Future Agent" preventing progression in the Romulan storyline.

Fan-friggin-tastic. And now that it's the weekend we get to wait a while before any hope of a fix.
  • siollefulsiolleful Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    That will explain why i cant carry on, i geuss until they fix it i either make a new toon (really dont want to) or lvl through pve queues
  • lemonez13lemonez13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well this is unfortunate. Was finally getting into the game on my Romulan and can't continue the story quests for now because of this bug. :( Hope it is addressed soon.
  • drachenvaledrachenvale Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm also having this problem. Since I can't finish "Tradecraft" I'm not allowed to continue with the Romulan Story Arc. I guess i might as well just reroll to a basic FED character and try a Romulan later.
  • cptgorandcptgorand Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's not just Romulan bridges either, any Romulan Republic Character cannot "access computer files" on their chosen faction ship bridge.
    I've tried via a different computer incase it was a local computer issue, no luck, same issue. :(
  • kress18kress18 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i seem to be having the same issue as mentioned above
  • moosethedjmoosethedj Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Looks like there are a bunch of us in the same boat for this quest.
    Tried force patching option at log in screen, no change

My lvl21 Rom is now lvl24, I wonder if I can make lvl50 before it is fixed.

• eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    More like 65, Linky. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    moosethedj wrote: »
    Looks like there are a bunch of us in the same boat for this quest.

It's just not quests, Roms can't access their ready room computer period, and it started with VIL expansion.
  • g1bb0ng1bb0n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hi all,

Same boat. Tried with current Rom and a Reman I had who has already done the mission. Same result on both. Can't interact with the library.

Cyptic any chance you go post an acknowledgement here?
  • grimdaddygrimdaddy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also still have the above mentioned issues. None of my romulan or remans on any ship can complete this mission.
  • damnakdamnak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here too. Ticket submitted. Its a shame, I came back to the game after a long time away only to find its still full of game breaking bugs.
    Received a response following raising a ticket within the game.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for any issues you may be having with Tradecraft mission. Our developers were aware of a number of issues in the game that have come with "Victory is Life" which should've been resolved by the recent patch. If you've already completed the patch and still having the same issue, please update this ticket so we can further investigate.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks again."

I responded that I'm fully patched and pointed them to this forum post.
  • kress18kress18 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    shame i was hoping to use my weekend off to grind my rom a bit , literally road blocked by this one mission barely played all weekend..
    Further update

"Hello,

Thank you for letting us know.

We've shared this information with our developers for them to further investigate. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates. Here are the links for your convenience:

Website: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news
    Forums: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories

Hopefully they'll be able to fix the issue as soon possible. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries or concerns."
  • dannyhartwig25dannyhartwig25 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    mh well at last im not the only one.. ist boring to have stop lvl your char cause of a bug.
  • denial#6763 denial Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same here, cannot access library to complete the Tradecraft quest with romulan captain.
    Please fix it :/