test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Deep Space Nine Lock Box and Lobi Items

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 1,712 Administrator
Let us know your thoughts on the Deep Space Nine Lock Box and Lobi Items here!

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,012 Arc User
    The vanity shield being buried under a chance of a chance is BAD, just make it a proper reward item or put them into the C store to buy and make some money because people like space barbie more than they do gambling or being gouged on the exchange.

Also bad is the continuation of padding the box with junk items. A reward should be at least the value of a key and a consumable item doesn't come up to that number.
  • tacticoolfugga#9235 tacticoolfugga Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Can’t wait for it to come to the infinity box. The only box really worth opening.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 11,964 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The vanity shield being buried under a chance of a chance is BAD, just make it a proper reward item or put them into the C store to buy and make some money because people like space barbie more than they do gambling or being gouged on the exchange.

Also bad is the continuation of padding the box with junk items. A reward should be at least the value of a key and a consumable item doesn't come up to that number.

Absolutely agree!

Vanity shields are an incredible insult - can't even argue that it's "better to buy and sell keys" - it's a limited function item that is NOT worth what is being spent on it.

It is preposterous that something that serves no purpose beyond "oooh pretty" has been made so difficult/expensive to obtain!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,012 Arc User
    Having played through the story on two characters now I find it odd that this gamble boxes lobi gear is the hunter stuff.

Odd because while its from a DS9 episode you never encounter them during any of the missions.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The Maquis Raider. Awesome little ship. Nothing else needs be said. This one ship says it all.

Edit:
    On second thought, more needs to be said. Nothing else in the DS9 box compares to this ship. I've never been one to like the space combat here. It's always been to cut and dry. This little ship however, is fun.

Now, if we could just get them to make a T6 Fighter. Doing level 65 stuff in what we have, like The Best Defense, aka Atmosphere Assault, in what we have, is just painful.
    Cheating_zps1brwslhb.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    The items themselves are often nice looking on paper, I do not expect to ever find out how they work out in the game though since they take a lot of keys to get which ends up costing a lot of cash money that my tight budget simply does not make availible.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    Interesting conversation here. More negative feedback on this box than positive.
    Fascinating.
    Interesting there was no announcement for its release, nor is there a complete item list for this box's contents to be found.
    Until such time as I know what its contents are, I will not waste any Keys on it. I have stockpiles of Loot Boxes; some are a priority, some aren't.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,267 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Interesting there was no announcement for its release, nor is there a complete item list for this box's contents to be found.
    Until such time as I know what its contents are, I will not waste any Keys on it.

Eh?
    DS9 Lock Box Announcement Blog

Anyway, I got the most out of the holographic bridge officers with this one. I hope more boffs can feature like this in future (not necessarily holographic, but themed to new boxes in some way.) Beyond that, I liked some of the traits but the weapons and other cosmetic items didn't grab me. All cool stuff, but not quite so cool that I could justify the lobi/ec cost (especially the ground costumes. Lower price I totally would have picked some Ferengi uniforms up.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    RDrirz1.png

New mission: Shattered Relic [SSF3-2 | ICO]
    For the latest Tardigrades and Foundry news: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    The Plasma Storm Module visuals are epic and I'm sure video card manufacturers everywhere would agree.
    Im KDF and every time I see a Fed ship flying through Sec Space I wanna blow it out of the sky.
    Keep your blade sharp brother. The Alliance won't last. Qapla' !
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    The Maquis Raider. Awesome little ship. Nothing else needs be said. This one ship says it all.

Edit:
    On second thought, more needs to be said. Nothing else in the DS9 box compares to this ship. I've never been one to like the space combat here. It's always been to cut and dry. This little ship however, is fun.

Now, if we could just get them to make a T6 Fighter. Doing level 65 stuff in what we have, like The Best Defense, aka Atmosphere Assault, in what we have, is just painful.

I'm still a full proponent that the bug ship should be allowed to be used in shuttle events/queues/missions. It's no larger than really a runabout, and it's a hanger item.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    I opened a lot of boxes, liked the Holographic Bridge Crew, but Science BOffs was lacking.
    I didn't get the ship in the lockboxes, so I'm in no rush to buy the raider in the Lobi store.
    Hoping for 25th Century shuttles since 2010 :)
  • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    How about a M1 Thompson Submachinegun, as in the movie First Contact.