test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newb with a Kopesh HELP!

valesiavalesia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2018 in The Shipyard
So i got this big cool warbird what i discovered is i have less power then a damm delta flyer.Im running 7 romulan plasma beams and plasma mine dropper.

So question for the day. What engine set is best to use for a "beam spammer" build at-least i think that's what they call it. Should i get quest / faction set if so which set would work best.

Post edited by valesia on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    There's a lot of option for this one. The full iconian set is like the go to when you don't really care about min/max-ing and are statisfied with a general set for all occasions.
    Pretty much same goes for a combo of the 2pc nukara-set + romulan engines + terran core (or any other core that helps out with the subsytsem energy issue) though that's more offensively slated than the ico stuff.
    If you have access to fleet stuff too you might wanna check out the gear from the colony, the elite delfectors are pretty interesting for crit builds.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you're having power issues and want a fairly cheap fix, you could also grab yourself some Technicians and run an Aux2Bat build. The Khopesh has a very versatile bridge officer layout and can be easily adapted to that type of build.

Just changing your engine isn't going to fix your issues. Running a full beam boat on a Romulan can be a bit tricky if you don't at least have something like a Plasmonic Leech, the Supremacy Trait, or something similar to give you the power you need.

I flew an Aux2Bat Khopesh for quite a while and it was very effective. Once I got Supremacy, I changed the build.. but honestly I kinda liked the A2B build better. It's pretty nasty. Let me know if you don't know how to do that and I can put together a sample build for you.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Plasmonic leech + Auxiliary to Battery build + Emergency Power to Weapons III (bridge officer skill) + Elite Colony singularity Core (-10% weapon cost, +10 weapon drain resist, +5 to +12 all stats). And a point slotted in Warp Core Efficiency. Should be fine for 7 beams.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    valesia wrote: »
    So i got this big cool warbird what i discovered is i have less power then a damm delta flyer.Im running 7 romulan plasma beams and plasma mine dropper.

So question for the day. What engine set is best to use for a "beam spammer" build at-least i think that's what they call it. Should i get quest / faction set if so which set would work best.

is one the set beam? the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array uses no power which helps with romulans lack of it. actually the whole Romulan Singularity Harness set is pretty good the console boost power level a little to. and if I'm remembering correctly the engine from New Romulus Command Advanced Prototype gives more speed at low power levels and the remen version of the sheild is very pretty. it is also a older set thats "missing" the core so you can just use the whole set and still use the terran or fleet colony core.

get Plasmonic Leech. even nerfed it is one of, if not, the best power boosting console in the game.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.