test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Join the Gamma Recruits!

124»

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    Is there anything good though? For reference, the stuff they listed in the blog is not good enough for me :wink:

Other than what's in the blog? Marks and Dil, more Marks and Dil, did I mention Marks and Dil because there's more Marks and Dil. If you don't like those there's Marks and Dil.

Really disappointed with this "event". It seems like this was a last minute "oh we forgot the make rewards for the recruit event" type of scenario. Nothing unique, nothing special, nothing "wow" worthy. Not asking for OP stuff, just stuff that would make it appear as though some thought was put into this. I'll list a few examples of account wide rewards that would have been better than just more Marks and Dil.

A Jem'Hadar Warp and Singularity core, to make a complete set. Using the Deuterium-Stabilized Warp Core and Thoron-Infused Singularity core stat distribution as a base for the combat focused nature of the Jem'Hadar. 4pc bonus could have been a set duration summon of two Vanguard Wingmen. Same as the other "click and summon things", no control like the Vanguard mechanic.

A Vanguard Vanity ship shield.

A Kar'takin. Unique, Epic quality, damage scales with player level like the Shard Sword of Kahless mission reward.

A Vorta Boff.

A Vanguard outfit. A unique tailor unlock that is different from the Tactical and basic Jem'Hadar uniform as well as the "faction specific" one. We're in Odo's Vanguard, give us something special to look the part.

Make all but the outfit reclaimable, because you only need to unlock those once on a character, like the Bajoran Warp/Sing Cores so people can pick up another if they get rid of one for whatever reason, and you're done. None of those would be OP gamebreaking items or items that people couldn't play the game without until the next time the event was run. All of those are unique rewards that fit the theme of the event and would have shown that you put thought into trying to make this event rewarding but different from the previous two recruit event rewards.

That does sound good except for the Vorta Boff which would be totally against canon since the lowest Vorta outranks the highest Jem'Hadar. Unlike the gray area that allows Orions and Gorn and whatnot to command Klingon ships and Pakled to command Federation ones without lore problems, the canon is very clear that the JH are strictly bottom of the pyramid grunts. ViL already pushes the limits to immersion-breaking levels as it is.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That does sound good except for the Vorta Boff which would be totally against canon since the lowest Vorta outranks the highest Jem'Hadar.
    Are they? well, I'd have to question that. After all, we have Vorta as DUTY Officers, which are basically random crewmen and thus lower ranked than Bridge officers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    That does sound good except for the Vorta Boff which would be totally against canon since the lowest Vorta outranks the highest Jem'Hadar.
    Are they? well, I'd have to question that. After all, we have Vorta as DUTY Officers, which are basically random crewmen and thus lower ranked than Bridge officers.

That does make a serious break in canon then, in DS9 a Jem'Hadar can only command Jem'Hadar and would not even think giving an order to a Vorta. Doffs are generic however, and those Vorta were probably meant for ships with valid captains (which canon says a Jem'Hadar is not btw) and probably cannot be screened out just for gamma recruit ships. The Dominion runs on a very strict cast system, and the JH are the lowest (and least trusted) cast.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User

That does make a serious break in canon then, in DS9 a Jem'Hadar can only command Jem'Hadar and would not even think giving an order to a Vorta. Doffs are generic however, and those Vorta were probably meant for ships with valid captains (which canon says a Jem'Hadar is not btw) and probably cannot be screened out just for gamma recruit ships. The Dominion runs on a very strict cast system, and the JH are the lowest (and least trusted) cast.

Odo doesn't care about traditional Dominion "Canon". He's a god and made up his own rules: Jem'Hadar Vanguards.
    ashlotte wrote: »

Odo doesn't care about traditional Dominion "Canon". He's a god and made up his own rules: Jem'Hadar Vanguards.

That part is true enough, and might make a credible difference if he established a base far from the Dominion where his eccentric opinion would not have to buck the system already in place, but the fact is that Odo is not the whole Dominion he is just one drop in the ocean of the link. Rigid cast systems like that do not change overnight like ViL assumes would have happened with the Dominion.

On a positive note, the ships are nice and starting at level sixty means not having to deal with any ground stuff with the nasty hornytoad to farm DSE, Red Alert, and space ques.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    When #victoryislife launches, create a Jem'Hadar to join the Gamma Recruits and earn tons of new rewards!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10917213-join-the-gamma-recruits!

I'm a bit perturbed that the newly available Cardassian species is disallowed from Gamma Recruit status, but was also published too late to benefit from the Delta Recruit event. Neither can Cardassian toons become AoY recruits. As each of those recruiting categories bestow extra benefits, this represents a real loss to players who purchased the Cardassian option and wish to level a Cardy toon. STO should either extend GR status to Cardassian toons, or re-run the DR event concurrent with the GR period for non-Jem'Hadar toons. BTW, when are we getting playable Vorta?
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @amayakitsune said:
    > So what are the account unlocks gotten from finishing Gamma Recruit stuff?

I still don't know what the

> @amayakitsune said:
    > So what are the account unlocks gotten > @ashlotte said:
    > phoenixc#0738 wrote: »
    >
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    >
    > That does sound good except for the Vorta Boff which would be totally against canon since the lowest Vorta outranks the highest Jem'Hadar.
    >
    >
    >
    > Are they? well, I'd have to question that. After all, we have Vorta as DUTY Officers, which are basically random crewmen and thus lower ranked than Bridge officers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That does make a serious break in canon then, in DS9 a Jem'Hadar can only command Jem'Hadar and would not even think giving an order to a Vorta. Doffs are generic however, and those Vorta were probably meant for ships with valid captains (which canon says a Jem'Hadar is not btw) and probably cannot be screened out just for gamma recruit ships. The Dominion runs on a very strict cast system, and the JH are the lowest (and least trusted) cast.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Odo doesn't care about traditional Dominion "Canon". He's a god and made up his own rules: Jem'Hadar Vanguards.

For the win. Its good to be a God.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @amayakitsune said:
    > So what are the account unlocks gotten from finishing Gamma Recruit stuff?

I still don't know what the

> @amayakitsune said:
    > So what are the account unlocks gotten > @ashlotte said:
    >
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    >
    > That does sound good except for the Vorta Boff which would be totally against canon since the lowest Vorta outranks the highest Jem'Hadar.
    >
    >
    >
    > Are they? well, I'd have to question that. After all, we have Vorta as DUTY Officers, which are basically random crewmen and thus lower ranked than Bridge officers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That does make a serious break in canon then, in DS9 a Jem'Hadar can only command Jem'Hadar and would not even think giving an order to a Vorta. Doffs are generic however, and those Vorta were probably meant for ships with valid captains (which canon says a Jem'Hadar is not btw) and probably cannot be screened out just for gamma recruit ships. The Dominion runs on a very strict cast system, and the JH are the lowest (and least trusted) cast.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Odo doesn't care about traditional Dominion "Canon". He's a god and made up his own rules: Jem'Hadar Vanguards.

For the win. Its good to be a God.

Again, if it only involved Odo and a small handful of Jem'Hadar that did not have anything to do with the Dominion that would be believable, but what they do in ViL DOES involve the rest of the Dominion and not just Odo and a handful of Vangards as his personal troops. In fact, most of the Jem'Hadar in the game are probably the free ones, not the Vangards at all.

Sure, eventually Odo might be able to make a real difference in Dominion society, but that is something that would take decades for humans, and probably centuries or millennia for there to have significant effect on the Great Link.
  • docbrown#0652 docbrown Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    When is the lifetime sub going on sale again? I was hoping it go on sale when the expansion came out. The sub always goes on sale when the expansion comes out. But for some reason or another it didn't happen. Hopefully we get another sale during the summer event.
    When is the lifetime sub going on sale again? I was hoping it go on sale when the expansion came out. The sub always goes on sale when the expansion comes out. But for some reason or another it didn't happen. Hopefully we get another sale during the summer event.

It just went on sale today. I am not sure if it was a little late or the expansion a little early.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Go outside. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Any chance of an extension to this event? Or what time is this set to end tomorrow?

Do I need to complete ALL tutorials to have granted the recruit designation or just make a character.

Thanks​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Any chance of an extension to this event? Or what time is this set to end tomorrow?

Do I need to complete ALL tutorials to have granted the recruit designation or just make a character.

Thanks​​

you MUST complete the tutorial and have them ask you to choose a faction... then finish the mission. You will end up outside DS9 in sector space and you will have your do-hickey gamma device. After that you can take all the time in the world to do everything else.