test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please do not reduce the population cap to 20 on ds9.

13»

Comments

  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I now interrupt this thread with an urgent announcement.

    Are you tired of being reduced (looks down) ahem I mean population wise, are you tired of grumpy changelings busting your chops about stolen underware?, do you grow weary of Emojorans? (I really hate bajorns) , would you like a place for you and your friends to kick up your heels without the worry of bajoran security whining at you all day?


    Well friends I have some good news for you, COME to beautiful and spacious drozana station located somewhere near something else near that star thingy and the wrecked tribble dreadnought, there you can party, Rp , steal underwear , peddle Klingon pron , and enjoy the 10 (big explosion is heard ) 5 holodecks where you can live out whatever adventure you like, the rumors of ghosts are just rumors , the comet cocktails are the house special.


    So when you think of relocation think drozana , just remember that really cute girl who was flirting with you at the bar?, well she wasn't a girl...or human....or humanoid....or solid.....not a changeling.....just some sentient goo that someone found somewhere....O.o


    I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress

    Good point. Drozana was in fact one of the busiest RP hubs next to Hathon and of course DS9. I'm going to try my luck there again after the 5th, if I cannot get into instance #1 any more.

  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I am not happy about the cap being reduced to 20, as I too am a RPer and have a hell of a time getting into instance #1 just to listen to the roleplay let alone participate. Most of my RPer friends have stopped RPing or left the game entirely. Those who remain and are my friends online are not RPers so they would not be in instance #1 in the first place.

    I realize that I am in the minority as was stated in the thread so far, so unless the RP hub moves off DS9 to another place like Drozana or Hathon, I'm kinda shut out.

    and again , why do you hvae to be in instance ONE?

    I believe I already explained that in the previous message. That's where the RP community has decided to go. It's not up to me where it goes. I follow it. If the community does decide to move, then that solves my problem as well.

    As I also said before, none of the friends I have on STO are a part of the RP community so they would not be able to assist me in getting in #1.

    I hope that was made clearer.

    EDIT: I would like to make it clear I'm not asking for the season update to be put off just because I wan to RP. Some here might assume this, so I wanted to get that off my chest. Of course I will continue with STO and do have characters not meant for RP but ....shockingly ;>...to play the game and dive into the content.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,438 Arc User
    I say 20 is too much.....it's really crowded with NPC's and a few players on tribble...i can't imagine if they even raised it more or when it goes live

    You know whats an immersion killer for RPers not able to see your character or walking into any room cause you won't fit....keep it as minimum as possible the needs of the many ...I like that I can dock or beam in.....would really kill the vibe with so many people

    same with the outside map...i like that my ship spawns on a docking pylon
    eUqtjfY.jpg
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 569 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I'm frankly puzzled. Why would reducing the cap hurt RP? Wouldn't it make it less likely that your instance will be besieged by trolls? Are you in an RP group of more than 20?

    There's a number of roleplayers who have additional pylon accounts that exist solely for the purpose of placeholding or taking up slots in instance #1. And you're stuck with overflow as a result, since a lot of people can't be bothered to have their posteriors pulled out of the bar for RP.

    "Because it's where all my friends meet, and I want to be there in case something happens," is the excuse I've heard most from the people when I ask why they don't venture to other social hub options such as Drozana, Risa, Nimbus 3, Voth ground BZ, Kobalistan, or one of the core zones. Or even the fleet holdings! Some of the holdings such as the Dilithium Mine, K-13, and the KDF starbase bar, when fully upgraded and decorated, make for beautiful, wonderful interaction zones. Hell, you can even use some episode areas or foundry to create something.

    To the OP:
    As of late, I've found myself venturing less and less to #1 at DS9. Because the bar has been crammed with stagnation. Some of the roleplayers such as the OP, are fantastic. The galaxy is your oyster. Why limit yourself to just one area? Or one instance? It takes a person and lots of work to change the world. But it is possible.

    Thanks for the explanation!

    I agree, there are a lot of beautiful alternatives. The KDF Fleet Starbase Bar when fully upgraded is GORGEOUS! The fleet my Klingon Alt is in held a party there, and that was a night to remember! K-13 or K-7 are good choices, too, and the meeting room in the Fleet Research Lab has a spectacular view as well! The crew lounge on Romulan ship interiors is also a lovely choice: The Romulan Fleet to which I belong often held events there or in the Embassy. Plenty of lovely choices are available.

    And I love the term "Kobalistan". I won't be able to stop thinking of it that way now!
    I now interrupt this thread with an urgent announcement.

    Are you tired of being reduced (looks down) ahem I mean population wise, are you tired of grumpy changelings busting your chops about stolen underware?, do you grow weary of Emojorans? (I really hate bajorns) , would you like a place for you and your friends to kick up your heels without the worry of bajoran security whining at you all day?


    Well friends I have some good news for you, COME to beautiful and spacious drozana station located somewhere near something else near that star thingy and the wrecked tribble dreadnought, there you can party, Rp , steal underwear , peddle Klingon pron , and enjoy the 10 (big explosion is heard ) 5 holodecks where you can live out whatever adventure you like, the rumors of ghosts are just rumors , the comet cocktails are the house special.


    So when you think of relocation think drozana , just remember that really cute girl who was flirting with you at the bar?, well she wasn't a girl...or human....or humanoid....or solid.....not a changeling.....just some sentient goo that someone found somewhere....O.o


    I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress

    Kill the loudmouthed Ferengi owner who spams you if you even get too close to the station in the Omega event, and you have a deal! Every time he says, "We have everything you need," I think, "Except your death! Shut up, you little troll!"

    He's as bad as the racist Bajoran docking officer at DS9. With all the "we're one big Fed-centric happy Alliance" TRIBBLE these days, she still "welcomes" each KDF/KDF-allied Rom ship as if we've come to steal the silver. Someone cart her off for reNeducation already!

    In fact, just get rid of all the "docking control" spam, and just let our ships arrive within transporter range. It's one reason why New Romulus is my favourite port of call. No spam, no piddling impulse maneuvering necessary. You arrive, and can beam to the location of your choice at once, with no hassle.


  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,226 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    vorwoda wrote: »
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I'm frankly puzzled. Why would reducing the cap hurt RP? Wouldn't it make it less likely that your instance will be besieged by trolls? Are you in an RP group of more than 20?

    There's a number of roleplayers who have additional pylon accounts that exist solely for the purpose of placeholding or taking up slots in instance #1. And you're stuck with overflow as a result, since a lot of people can't be bothered to have their posteriors pulled out of the bar for RP.

    "Because it's where all my friends meet, and I want to be there in case something happens," is the excuse I've heard most from the people when I ask why they don't venture to other social hub options such as Drozana, Risa, Nimbus 3, Voth ground BZ, Kobalistan, or one of the core zones. Or even the fleet holdings! Some of the holdings such as the Dilithium Mine, K-13, and the KDF starbase bar, when fully upgraded and decorated, make for beautiful, wonderful interaction zones. Hell, you can even use some episode areas or foundry to create something.

    To the OP:
    As of late, I've found myself venturing less and less to #1 at DS9. Because the bar has been crammed with stagnation. Some of the roleplayers such as the OP, are fantastic. The galaxy is your oyster. Why limit yourself to just one area? Or one instance? It takes a person and lots of work to change the world. But it is possible.

    Thanks for the explanation!

    I agree, there are a lot of beautiful alternatives. The KDF Fleet Starbase Bar when fully upgraded is GORGEOUS! The fleet my Klingon Alt is in held a party there, and that was a night to remember! K-13 or K-7 are good choices, too, and the meeting room in the Fleet Research Lab has a spectacular view as well! The crew lounge on Romulan ship interiors is also a lovely choice: The Romulan Fleet to which I belong often held events there or in the Embassy. Plenty of lovely choices are available.

    And I love the term "Kobalistan". I won't be able to stop thinking of it that way now!
    I now interrupt this thread with an urgent announcement.

    Are you tired of being reduced (looks down) ahem I mean population wise, are you tired of grumpy changelings busting your chops about stolen underware?, do you grow weary of Emojorans? (I really hate bajorns) , would you like a place for you and your friends to kick up your heels without the worry of bajoran security whining at you all day?


    Well friends I have some good news for you, COME to beautiful and spacious drozana station located somewhere near something else near that star thingy and the wrecked tribble dreadnought, there you can party, Rp , steal underwear , peddle Klingon pron , and enjoy the 10 (big explosion is heard ) 5 holodecks where you can live out whatever adventure you like, the rumors of ghosts are just rumors , the comet cocktails are the house special.


    So when you think of relocation think drozana , just remember that really cute girl who was flirting with you at the bar?, well she wasn't a girl...or human....or humanoid....or solid.....not a changeling.....just some sentient goo that someone found somewhere....O.o


    I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress

    Kill the loudmouthed Ferengi owner who spams you if you even get too close to the station in the Omega event, and you have a deal! Every time he says, "We have everything you need," I think, "Except your death! Shut up, you little troll!"

    He's as bad as the racist Bajoran docking officer at DS9. With all the "we're one big Fed-centric happy Alliance" **** these days, she still "welcomes" each KDF/KDF-allied Rom ship as if we've come to steal the silver. Someone cart her off for reNeducation already!

    In fact, just get rid of all the "docking control" spam, and just let our ships arrive within transporter range. It's one reason why New Romulus is my favourite port of call. No spam, no piddling impulse maneuvering necessary. You arrive, and can beam to the location of your choice at once, with no hassle.




    The problem here is, everything that you mentioned is faction locked. The klingon starbase, only KDF players can get there. Just as only Federation players can get to a Federation Starbase. These are non-issues for the same faction. But for the cross-faction mingling of RP, the social zone that are cross faction are where one goes.

    Drozana
    Nimbus
    Risa
    Deep Space Nine
    Solanae Command
    Defera(non-battle zone)

    That's it. These are the only cross-faction social areas that we have. All of which currently have a population cap of 30. Except Risa, its popluation cap is 50, but I think this is only during Lohlunat. Not sure here, as I'm hardly there outside of that.

    Now the information the OP is talking about, is from people noticing the instance population cap being lower on Tribble. This is how it was discovered.

    But, as always, with STO and Cryptic. This is subject to change. The cap maybe 30 when it hits the live server, Holodeck. So this maybe a moot issue when it launches. Right now, it's working with the information that has been discovered.

    Edit: Mouse acting up and double quoting.
    Cheating_zps1brwslhb.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    vorwoda wrote: »
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I'm frankly puzzled. Why would reducing the cap hurt RP? Wouldn't it make it less likely that your instance will be besieged by trolls? Are you in an RP group of more than 20?

    There's a number of roleplayers who have additional pylon accounts that exist solely for the purpose of placeholding or taking up slots in instance #1. And you're stuck with overflow as a result, since a lot of people can't be bothered to have their posteriors pulled out of the bar for RP.

    "Because it's where all my friends meet, and I want to be there in case something happens," is the excuse I've heard most from the people when I ask why they don't venture to other social hub options such as Drozana, Risa, Nimbus 3, Voth ground BZ, Kobalistan, or one of the core zones. Or even the fleet holdings! Some of the holdings such as the Dilithium Mine, K-13, and the KDF starbase bar, when fully upgraded and decorated, make for beautiful, wonderful interaction zones. Hell, you can even use some episode areas or foundry to create something.

    To the OP:
    As of late, I've found myself venturing less and less to #1 at DS9. Because the bar has been crammed with stagnation. Some of the roleplayers such as the OP, are fantastic. The galaxy is your oyster. Why limit yourself to just one area? Or one instance? It takes a person and lots of work to change the world. But it is possible.

    Thanks for the explanation!

    I agree, there are a lot of beautiful alternatives. The KDF Fleet Starbase Bar when fully upgraded is GORGEOUS! The fleet my Klingon Alt is in held a party there, and that was a night to remember! K-13 or K-7 are good choices, too, and the meeting room in the Fleet Research Lab has a spectacular view as well! The crew lounge on Romulan ship interiors is also a lovely choice: The Romulan Fleet to which I belong often held events there or in the Embassy. Plenty of lovely choices are available.

    And I love the term "Kobalistan". I won't be able to stop thinking of it that way now!
    I now interrupt this thread with an urgent announcement.

    Are you tired of being reduced (looks down) ahem I mean population wise, are you tired of grumpy changelings busting your chops about stolen underware?, do you grow weary of Emojorans? (I really hate bajorns) , would you like a place for you and your friends to kick up your heels without the worry of bajoran security whining at you all day?


    Well friends I have some good news for you, COME to beautiful and spacious drozana station located somewhere near something else near that star thingy and the wrecked tribble dreadnought, there you can party, Rp , steal underwear , peddle Klingon pron , and enjoy the 10 (big explosion is heard ) 5 holodecks where you can live out whatever adventure you like, the rumors of ghosts are just rumors , the comet cocktails are the house special.


    So when you think of relocation think drozana , just remember that really cute girl who was flirting with you at the bar?, well she wasn't a girl...or human....or humanoid....or solid.....not a changeling.....just some sentient goo that someone found somewhere....O.o


    I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress

    Kill the loudmouthed Ferengi owner who spams you if you even get too close to the station in the Omega event, and you have a deal! Every time he says, "We have everything you need," I think, "Except your death! Shut up, you little troll!"

    He's as bad as the racist Bajoran docking officer at DS9. With all the "we're one big Fed-centric happy Alliance" **** these days, she still "welcomes" each KDF/KDF-allied Rom ship as if we've come to steal the silver. Someone cart her off for reNeducation already!

    In fact, just get rid of all the "docking control" spam, and just let our ships arrive within transporter range. It's one reason why New Romulus is my favourite port of call. No spam, no piddling impulse maneuvering necessary. You arrive, and can beam to the location of your choice at once, with no hassle.




    The problem here is, everything that you mentioned is faction locked. The klingon starbase, only KDF players can get there. Just as only Federation players can get to a Federation Starbase. These are non-issues for the same faction. But for the cross-faction mingling of RP, the social zone that are cross faction are where one goes.

    Drozana
    Nimbus
    Risa
    Deep Space Nine
    Solanae Command
    Defera(non-battle zone)

    That's it. These are the only cross-faction social areas that we have. All of which currently have a population cap of 30. Except Risa, its popluation cap is 50, but I think this is only during Lohlunat. Not sure here, as I'm hardly there outside of that.

    Now the information the OP is talking about, is from people noticing the instance population cap being lower on Tribble. This is how it was discovered.

    But, as always, with STO and Cryptic. This is subject to change. The cap maybe 30 when it hits the live server, Holodeck. So this maybe a moot issue when it launches. Right now, it's working with the information that has been discovered.

    Edit: Mouse acting up and double quoting.

    Oi! Don't you DARE forget Kobalistan! And Bajor. And New Romulus staging area, and Captain's Table. And if you know the right people, there are TWO other areas.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,746 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Oi! Don't you DARE forget Kobalistan! And Bajor. And New Romulus staging area, and Captain's Table. And if you know the right people, there are TWO other areas.

    Captain's Table is LTS only. He did leave out Delta Quadrant Command, though.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    angrytarg wrote: »
    In addition, the worst possible RP location is a bar/tavern. Nothing happens there but the same stale banter of sadhero stories and people offering to buy your female characters drinks. Didn't we have to suffer enough in RL that we have to endure such things in a sci-fi fantasy game now? XD

    Oh I dunno, every Tuesday night there's a Ferengi DJ in at Quarks broadcasting a radio show. (http://subspace-radio.net/) He doesn't buy anyone drinks either because he's to cheap like most Ferengi but at least he plays decent music. He's been at it for over 6 years now but like anything else where Ferengi are concerned, hide your latinum before going to see him.

    One other thing, I heard he loves ABBA and Def Leopard so tell him Mlaos said you should request that if you ever go see him. He does pack the instance pretty quick.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    >
    > In fact, just get rid of all the "docking control" spam, and just let our ships arrive within transporter range. It's one reason why New Romulus is my favourite port of call. No spam, no piddling impulse maneuvering necessary. You arrive, and can beam to the location of your choice at once, with no hassle.

    Qo'nos & Risa are like that as well, probably a few other spots. Defera maybe?
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket

  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,691 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Seriously? All of this over RP? The least important of all possible considerations?

    I have to agree. If limiting the pop to 20 makes it run better for the servers, and the players, do it.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • zanibarzanibar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    We had over 30 at the Subspace and Kirpang Pirate Radio event last night at Quarks and it seemed to run just fine. We also had at least 6 to 10 NPC's walk from one end of the bar to the other and repeat, that should be fixed! I heard one person complain it was laggy, but everyone else didn't seem to have a problem.
  • sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 1,692 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Seriously? All of this over RP? The least important of all possible considerations?

    It's the least important of all possible considerations unless you are a roleplayer who is playing a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game to... I don't know... Roleplay with the masses? It's kind of hard to do that when maps support fewer and fewer players for whatever reason. And whether you like it or not, roleplayers do make up a legitimate subset of the player community, and it is not really fair to marginalize their experience with the game.
    I have no further snarky comments to make, at this time...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 48,648 Arc User
    Apparently they didn't drop the pop cap at all from what I heard.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 10,138 Arc User
    > @sirsitsalot said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > Seriously? All of this over RP? The least important of all possible considerations?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's the least important of all possible considerations unless you are a roleplayer who is playing a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game to... I don't know... Roleplay with the masses? It's kind of hard to do that when maps support fewer and fewer players for whatever reason. And whether you like it or not, roleplayers do make up a legitimate subset of the player community, and it is not really fair to marginalize their experience with the game.

    RP is and always will be far less important than any and all of the mechanical considerations, things like. Does the map work? Does it crash? Is it bugged? Etc etc. RP will never cause the game to not work, any considerations about the actual function of the game come before everything else, especially RP which will never affect the function of the game.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 8,863 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Apparently they didn't drop the pop cap at all from what I heard.
    That's right. They didn't drop the pop cap and nobody provided a credible source for them even planning to. This whole thread was just speculation based on a Zone troll.

    :D
  • kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    Thought it was smaller.....
    why is it smaller, though? Shouldnt it be bigger, as a new hotspot to be in. Looked like it kinda always was.
    sE8rUC0.jpg
    T6 Cooperative Tactical Dreadnought ~ Mirror Universe Borg Queen Leeta
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 6,198 Community Moderator
    So, turns out this is a non-issue. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.