test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea for Halloween. :P

2»

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I'm just posting what I know about why Voyager was not damaged throughout it's journey home, and why it was always in perfect conditions afterwards!

And yes I've watched Enterprise. I never remember it being damaged in numerous episodes.

Star Trek ships can get damaged, but they can't be portrayed heavily damaged over the course of several episodes or a full season. Such as missing a nacelle, missing hull etc..

In Voyager Year of Hell, time was turned back in the end.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Enterprise was in various stages of disrepair throughout the Xindi story arc. But arguing about all of that is tangential at best to the topic of Halloween event rewards.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Holo-kurland isn't enough of a nightmarish proposal?

It could be worse, there could be a risa version where he wears nothing but a banana hammock and a trucker cap and 'kurland here' is changed to him seductively saying 'kurland here, come rub some suntan lotion on me' while winking at you

its the stuff of nightmares
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Holo-kurland isn't enough of a nightmarish proposal?

It could be worse, there could be a risa version where he wears nothing but a banana hammock and a trucker cap and 'kurland here' is changed to him seductively saying 'kurland here, come rub some suntan lotion on me' while winking at you

its the stuff of nightmares

Hold my beer.

Banana hammock, trucker cap, and the Unusual or Running Man dance. And he chirps up with voice acting while you're in the Risa system(not just on Risa), similar to Q during the Omega event with his jokes and puns. Actual location: right next to the tailor, or on the boardwalk at the jetpack joyride area.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Battle damaged ship visuals, Ghost ship styled ship visuals, something that makes your ship "hellish" for Halloween would be freakin' awesome. I personally played trough Hearts and Minds once for the story, and after that, I only played for the rewards and to be honest, Hearts and Minds didn't even make me twitch.

Hell, the Bonni-kin episode had more of a Haunted feeling than Hearts and Minds. What we need for Halloween is a good HAUNTING episode that makes people unnerved. "Oh, but some people have a weak stomach" They know full well what kind of episode it is before they play it.

I actually played a few foundry episodes back before LOR came out that was truly haunting and could make Stephen King shudder.

Halloween is one of the, mostly the SECOND, biggest holidays and yet all it gets is a doff and an episode that Scooby-Doo can laugh at......Come on, Cryptic. I know you guys can do much better.

Hell, Star Trek had everything from people going insane to The Mirror Universe, to demonic possession. I'm sure Cryptic can make a Halloween Episode that can scare the pants off Q.

BTW-- The Mirror Universe should be more EVIL, not comic book second rate villain. They have torture chambers and kill their senior officer just to gain ranks. Meh, I'll post a proper rant on the Mirror Universe in a another topic.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Sorry, double post