test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we have the frosted boots made to bind to account?

One of the biggest things on my STO wish list is to make the frosted boots bound to account. I use them on every toon I have. However it is a real bother to start up a new toon then wait till the winter event to get the boots for my toon.
Better yet if the Winter and Summer Event stores could be a account wide unlock that would be even better.
Please Cryptic bring this to pass, it would be a great help to our new toons, specially with the Jem H'dar only being a few days away.
Thanks
CLR.png

Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    With all due respect, I would be opposed to this.

You're supposed to have to work for them. The QWW (Winter Event) is a rite of passage. It separates the dedicated players from the...others.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The winter event doesn't separate the "dedicated" players from the dead beats. Especially when you can just buy the ornaments for nothing. However, I also disagree with the OP. Keep the event gear locked as is. Your delta recruit can wait.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'd also like winter store access to be an account unlock, just for access to the kit modules without needing to wait up to 11 months. I don't care about making gear account-wide, I'm fine with each character needing to buy their own.

Using cold magic would be perfect for my Andorian captain Greye, but since I created him with the release of the T6 Andorian ships I have to wait 9 months for access.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    It is strange that the winter, summer, and event stores are locked until opened on each individual alt.

I get that the items are character locked. That makes perfect sense to me.

I also appreciate A LOT that the summer and winter event currencies are account locked, so I only need to grind on one to acquire them and not spend time switching between them.

Account-bound currencies make it seem that they want us to be able to purchase the items on whichever alt needs them, so why make the stores inaccessible until the the event occurs?

However, I'd rather wait for the event to unlock the store for new alts than have to grind individually on each alt for the currency.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Can't you buy the items from the winter store in the event rep?
    Only after that particular character does the silly "welcome to the winter wonderland" mission for the first time during the event.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ummm no. winter event has doffing missions to get drops... you dont even need to step into Q's wonderland to get the drops. summer event however... really needs to be reworked. that is a damn grind to get favours. they need to add doffing missions to get favours or reduce the cost of items.
  • Options
    psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Considering I have event stores unlocked on 15 of 20 toons, it would be nice to have it account unlocked for the rest. I have seen some of the event items are account unlocks, I would like to see all items unlocked as long as you have 1 toon that has already unlocked the event.
    CLR.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I can get behind account unlocking the Summer/Winter Event stores, but not the items. No. They would still need to bought on each toon.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I'd rather see stuff like Mirror event be account unlockable. I mean now it is but I still have gear I'd like account unlockable at any tier like the MU dual pistols and phaser torp.

Would like the following account unlocked at any tier once unlocked:

Furion(or however ya spell it) fangs
    Shotgun
    Agony rifle
    Etc

I'd also love it once you unlock a piece of gear from a mission, you can reclaim it as much as you want. It's just the initial set you get is worth credits. After that the credit worth is set to zero.

Like the phased Quantum set. You'd have to get every piece so you do have to replay. But once you get it, reclaim at will.

Also ship modules. I really REALLY hate having to claim a ship over and OVER again to get specific modules like the quad(insert weapon type here) cannons or the solane warp drive. Allow me to reclaim it at will!

That would make me happy.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    It's probably too late now since it's been in game for a while and all sorts of people would come out of the woodwork to complain. But going forward, account store for some of these items would be nice. And they have been doing more of that kind of thing which is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Some of the items aren't bound at all while others are locked up tighter than kurlands chastity belt.

No real reason not to extend the bind to cover an account unlock at least.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Some of the items aren't bound at all while others are locked up tighter than kurlands chastity belt.
    >
    > No real reason not to extend the bind to cover an account unlock at least.

Oh you mean like Lobi weapons?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    They should just allow you to unlock the summer and winter event stores account wide instead of individually per character, that way you will only have do each one once on one character.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Some of the items aren't bound at all while others are locked up tighter than kurlands chastity belt.
    >
    > No real reason not to extend the bind to cover an account unlock at least.

Oh you mean like Lobi weapons?

Lobi weapons are another "can of worms" topic but I'd certainly like those to be account based given that lobi was originally presented to people as a way of getting a consolation prize since lockboxes tend to spit out junk most of the time whereas it now sits at the top end of a premium currency tier due to high price of items and inconsistent reward amounts.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I can get behind account unlocking the Summer/Winter Event stores, but not the items. No. They would still need to bought on each toon.

That's my opinion, as well.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    account unlock lobi items would be awesome but the reality is that lobi gear is a grind and they make money from it, I wouldn't expect lobi item unlocks be account wide and I think that it being a money maker makes that reasonable, but the summer and winter events don't really generate alot of cash maybe an itial rush of peeps on servers.
    CLR.png