test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Introducing Three New Styles of 3D Printed Ship!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting June 1st, Gameprint is introducing three new styles and prices of 3D printed ship - and we've got an unboxing video of one of the hand painted models! Check it out here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10912203

Comments

• dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Regarding ships that are wider than they are long, is the print size measured from the ships length or width?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Regarding ships that are wider than they are long, is the print size measured from the ships length or width?

Whatever the "longest" point is. So in that case it'd be width.
    dkeith2011 wrote: »

Whatever the "longest" point is. So in that case it'd be width.

Good to know
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    So this is cool and frustrating. Cool because I can get more ships printed, and frustrating because I still haven't gotten my original order from mid-March yet.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i'm likely to go for a 4 inch or 7 inch if i know i can afford it and if the mood takes me. i definately want something from my time on STO, long after it ends, something to focus on from the past. maybe two 4 inch ships.. maybe maybe :smiley:
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I think this is a good addition for this offering & a step in the right direction.

Usually more choices to choose from is better for a consumer.

I'm not sure it was directly stated, but I'm sure the 4" & 7" versions include a stand as well.

I still think the major drawback to this offering is that it limits the potential buyer to only the ship(s) & components that have been achieved & are accessible in STO.

We're Trekkies, we dream, why would Cryptic want to limit our imagination & dreams let alone potential sales?
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Free-to-play games should be doing more of this. It's not gambling, it's not paying for stats, it's not paying for workarounds for arbitrary speedbumps... it's just a cool, personalized collectible that you can continue to own long after the game sunsets.
  • richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Great idea, I'll be buying a few myself, will the new Vanguard ships be on here?
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Ok, I'll definitely be grabbing two or three 4 inch models, Excalibur for sure, NX Refit likely, and possibly Odyssey.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    d1Bhlgl.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Can this be paid for with Zen through the game, or does it have to be credit card?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    $549 for hand painted model... before shipping.
    edited May 2018
    tigeraries wrote: »
    $549 for hand painted model... before shipping.

These aren't painted, they're printed in color. And Gameprints site is updated yet.
    I'll be ordering a 4 inch of my main characters Odyssey as a quality check before making any other decisions.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Those are very affordable prices, I might get one or more. Maybe a Blackguard, Jupiter, Damar, Corsair, and a JV Carrier.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    I might buy a ship or two now! :)

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I foresee many upset people if they raise there price. For 12" of plastic, I would only pay a Max of $150, especially if it's just going to sit on a shelf collecting dust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    Just a question:

Is the reason that the "Discuss on the Forums" links only take us to the full forums page rather than the actual thread for the topics to boost forum metrics or are they a continuous glitch or just a lazy shortcut?

Nice ships, I'd have to get the big ones. Anyone got a straight link to the companies website so I can peruse the ships while not in front of my computer?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Just a question:

Is the reason that the "Discuss on the Forums" links only take us to the full forums page rather than the actual thread for the topics to boost forum metrics or are they a continuous glitch or just a lazy shortcut?

Honestly? I have to manually update that with the link every time I post the link to the forums - there's no way to schedule it. This morning, I had to take my daughter to the doctor's, I got to work late, and I just forgot. I'll fix it now. :)

• captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Yeah gonna be getting a lot of my ships in 4 inches lol.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I only brought it up because I can't remember clicking into the correct thread for some time, I figured it was metrics or a glitch actually.

I'm in a bad spot for 4G so it's very frustrating to have to grind into multiple pages.

Hope your daughter's OK.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Still pushing this, huh?
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    How many (or what percentage) of orders have actually been completed by Gameprint? I haven't seen anything on this forum, Reddit, or on social media about people actually receiving the ships they've ordered. Instead, I see multiple people saying that they ordered ships in early March and still haven't received their orders now that it's the end of May. So...maybe pump the brakes on pushing this until you can actually deliver on what's been promised to the actual customers?
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Still pushing this, huh?

except now its at a reasonable price point.

$20 for the 4" Models printed in Full Color Resin.
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Starting June 1st, Gameprint is introducing three new styles and prices of 3D printed ship - and we've got an unboxing video of one of the hand painted models! Check it out here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10912203

I know it's not your responsibility (yes already contacted the producer a week ago), but it would be nice if I received my 12 inch model ordered March 21st first.... :/
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
    ironcaniac wrote: »
    How many (or what percentage) of orders have actually been completed by Gameprint? I haven't seen anything on this forum, Reddit, or on social media about people actually receiving the ships they've ordered. Instead, I see multiple people saying that they ordered ships in early March and still haven't received their orders now that it's the end of May. So...maybe pump the brakes on pushing this until you can actually deliver on what's been promised to the actual customers?

I saw one post on facebook (Gameprint page) about someone receiving their order from three days before mine about a week or two ago.

My order March 21st, theirs 18th. It was an Arbiter class they had received I believe...
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    ncc42662 wrote: »
    I saw one post on facebook (Gameprint page) about someone receiving their order from three days before mine about a week or two ago.

My order March 21st, theirs 18th. It was an Arbiter class they had received I believe...

So, literally one person has received their order...in over two months. Doesn't exactly instill much confidence in Gameprint, does it?
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
    edited May 2018

So, literally one person has received their order...in over two months. Doesn't exactly instill much confidence in Gameprint, does it?

Exactly! Which is why I felt the need to post my other message above. People should expect a lengthy wait. Now in their defense they said 4 to 6 weeks. I noticed their page now has the addendum "May take longer through busy order demands" :/

Exactly! Which is why I felt the need to post my other message above. People should expect a lengthy wait. Now in their defense they said 4 to 6 weeks. I noticed their page now has the addendum "May take longer through busy order demands" :/

Oh noticed this little bit on the bottom of the "New sizes" STO advert.

"The hand painted models aren’t going away, but their introductory pricing will end on June 1st, moving up to $349 for the primed or single color models, and $549 for the hand painted models."

How much you want to bet that $99 etc will hike up by the same insane amount? I'm not usually one to complain, but if I ever receive mine... it looks like it will be the last one I order. :/