test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FED/KDF and JH Vanguard ships...

I cant find 100% info on this -> Can FED/KDF use JH Vanguard ships (from new pack)?
Or FED/KDF can only use traits from JH ships (after JH capt. unlock it)?

Comments

  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 6,795 Arc User
    Ships.

    "This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially. It will be outfitted with a Tier 6 Starship Mastery Unlock which enables its use on all other characters on your Account once attained."

    That says "this ship ... enables its use" not its mastery trait.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 2,909 Arc User
    they can use the ships... once your JHD has Mastered it, aka Gotten the ship trait. Til then it's locked.
  • mecaldarmecaldar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    They want to you to play as a jemi before they let your other toons use it as well.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    ok and what's with the other way around, can jemmies use T6 fed and KDF ships?
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 6,795 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    ok and what's with the other way around, can jemmies use T6 fed and KDF ships?

    Probably, since Rommies will be able to. Only for the faction you join though: Fed or KDF, not both.

  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 3,152 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    ok and what's with the other way around, can jemmies use T6 fed and KDF ships?

    Yes they can on Tribble at the moment.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 48,116 Arc User
    The reason Jem'Hadar, and by extention Romulans, will have full access to Allied ships is because of the fact that it would be WAY too much work to create a TON of new ships right off the bat to bring the Jem'Hadar in line with what we have available now for the other factions. Specifically referring to the Specialist ships and the non specialist ship packs.

    I mean look at our catalog of specialist ships. Command Cruisers, Miracle Worker cruisers, Pilot Escorts, Intel ships, Temporal ships...

    Making Jem'Hadar variants of those alone made it impossible. Now throw in Jem'Hadar equivelents to ships like the T6 Vesta, T6 Defiant, T6 Avenger, T6 Galaxy... its a snowball effect.

    Literally impossible to catch up. So the best option was to open access to almost the full roster of Allied ships to make up for the lack of Dominion equivelents. While I still disagree on the FULL access for Romulans, as that means doubling up on ships that give the same trait like the T6 Avenger and T6 Mogai, it does mean easier access to some of the more desirable traits like Reciprocity from the Phantom for Fed-Romulans, and better access to Engie and Sci Admiralty cards as well.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,546 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    bernatk wrote: »
    ok and what's with the other way around, can jemmies use T6 fed and KDF ships?

    Yes they can on Tribble at the moment.

    Also confirmed for launch on the last Ten Forward Weekly livestream.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,896 Arc User
    Now I want Romulan Republic ships to get a sixth mastery level.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,373 Arc User
    > @tigeraries said:
    > they can use the ships... once your JHD has Mastered it, aka Gotten the ship trait. Til then it's locked.

    > @rattler2 said:
    > The reason Jem'Hadar, and by extention Romulans, will have full access to Allied ships is because of the fact that it would be WAY too much work to create a TON of new ships right off the bat to bring the Jem'Hadar in line with what we have available now for the other factions. Specifically referring to the Specialist ships and the non specialist ship packs.
    >
    > I mean look at our catalog of specialist ships. Command Cruisers, Miracle Worker cruisers, Pilot Escorts, Intel ships, Temporal ships...
    >
    > Making Jem'Hadar variants of those alone made it impossible. Now throw in Jem'Hadar equivelents to ships like the T6 Vesta, T6 Defiant, T6 Avenger, T6 Galaxy... its a snowball effect.
    >
    > Literally impossible to catch up. So the best option was to open access to almost the full roster of Allied ships to make up for the lack of Dominion equivelents. While I still disagree on the FULL access for Romulans, as that means doubling up on ships that give the same trait like the T6 Avenger and T6 Mogai, it does mean easier access to some of the more desirable traits like Reciprocity from the Phantom for Fed-Romulans, and better access to Engie and Sci Admiralty cards as well.

    I could actually see a Jem'hadar Vanguard Multimission Science (or scout) ship being added, I'm pretty sure that a Vanguard Battlecruiser is coming so, a JV Multimission Science Ship would give 3 complete T6 bundles for the Expansion, 1 containing the 3 Cardassian Intel ships, 1 Containing the JV Raider, JV Dreadnought Cruiser, and JV Warship, and the Last bundle containing JV Carrier, JV Battlecruiser, and JV Multimission Science Ship.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    You account is locked out of this ship, until this specific ship reaches its Tier 6 Starship Mastery, then all characters in your account can use this specific ship.

    Imagine buying a 9-ship-pack all with Tier 6 Starship Mastery?
    You would be forced to play ships that might not like, just to achieve this Tier 6 Starship Mastery account unlock.

    I'm personally against this; I'm not buying this Jem'Hadar pack specific for this reason alone.

    (AND Cryptic may get greedy--imagine all other Tier 6 ships going forward have a Tier 6 Starship Mastery before account unlock?)
    Ships.

    "This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially. It will be outfitted with a Tier 6 Starship Mastery Unlock which enables its use on all other characters on your Account once attained."

    That says "this ship ... enables its use" not its mastery trait.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,896 Arc User
    "greedy"? How does that count as greed?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    Sounds more like player laziness than developer greed.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Can't say I'm happy about being forced to play as JH to unlock the ships for my account, but I guess they had to make the JH worth something.
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,641 Arc User
    > @tyler002 said:
    > Sounds more like player laziness than developer greed.

    Bingo.
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

    One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

    Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

    Robert Heinlein
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 9,067 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Read the new Stats Blog. Once Tier 6 Mastery is achieved, the Mastered Ship can be claimed by any other Character on the Account.

    Vanguard Consoles can only be used on Vanguard Ships, Cardassian Consoles on ANY ship.

    There is no indication about the Spiral Wave Disruptor unlock in the Dilitium Store.

    Borticus just confirmed that there are Set Bonuses for the Vanguard and Cardassian Consoles and will be added to the Stat Blog.

    With the new Frigates the JHAS unlock may be a moot point.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,373 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > Read the new Stats Blog. Once Tier 6 Mastery is achieved, the Mastered Ship can be claimed by any other Character on the Account.
    >
    > Vanguard Consoles can only be used on Vanguard Ships, Cardassian Consoles on ANY ship.
    >
    > There is no indication about the Spiral Wave Disruptor unlock in the Dilitium Store.
    >
    > Borticus just confirmed that there are Set Bonuses for the Vanguard and Cardassian Consoles and will be added to the Stat Blog.
    >
    > With the new Frigates the JHAS unlock may be a moot point.

    I heard from somewhere that the Spiral Wave Disruptors will be unlocked form the Dilithium store if you own any of the Cardassian ships (although if you own the T5 Galor from the GVG pack you might be better off just pulling them off the Galor and onto the ship you want).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 48,116 Arc User
    I think it was implied during the livestream that spiral waves will be unlocked. And not just beam arrays, but the full catalog.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think it was implied during the livestream that spiral waves will be unlocked. And not just beam arrays, but the full catalog.

    This would be epic.
    I also like that all of these ships appear to be already fleet level, instead of having separate fleet ship purchases.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

    Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 9,067 Arc User
    I had said that they would probably be unlocked with these new Cardassian ships when they were first announced over a month ago. The point I was making above was that they didn't explicitly say so in the Blog.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,373 Arc User
    > @djf021 said:
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > I think it was implied during the livestream that spiral waves will be unlocked. And not just beam arrays, but the full catalog.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This would be epic.
    > I also like that all of these ships appear to be already fleet level, instead of having separate fleet ship purchases.

    Down side of that, no Admirality Card for a fleet version.
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,641 Arc User
    > @djf021 said:
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > I think it was implied during the livestream that spiral waves will be unlocked. And not just beam arrays, but the full catalog.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This would be epic.
    > I also like that all of these ships appear to be already fleet level, instead of having separate fleet ship purchases.

    There are a lot of fleet grade c-store ships, like the Command Battlecruisers for example.
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

    One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

    Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

    Robert Heinlein
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @djf021 said:
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > I think it was implied during the livestream that spiral waves will be unlocked. And not just beam arrays, but the full catalog.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This would be epic.
    > I also like that all of these ships appear to be already fleet level, instead of having separate fleet ship purchases.

    There are a lot of fleet grade c-store ships, like the Command Battlecruisers for example.

    Good point. I've even got many of them. I was just remembering how many of the Temporal pack ships (the 26th century ones) were base Tier 6, with fleet versions available.
    At any rate, I'm looking forward to the 5th.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

    Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
Sign In or Register to comment.