test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List the ships we'll never get a T6 version of.

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Still waiting for a ENT era Klingon Bird of Prey :'(

I never watched Enterprise. Never liked Bakula...I don't watch him...not even on NCIS New Orleans. <--the only NCIS series I am not watching.

I don't even know what an Enterprise era BoP looks like. I will go Google it...and fast forward the episode to take a peek. LOL!
    This is the ENT era Bird of Prey
    latest?cb=20061013044653&path-prefix=en
    latest?cb=20060910020726&path-prefix=en
    latest?cb=20061013044050&path-prefix=en

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      edited May 2018
      Oh, Thank you @theraven2378

I made a list of the Klingon related episodes from Enterprise this morning. I will keep my eyes peeled for the ships. :)

There were only 4 episodes...not as many as Jem'hadar episodes in DS9.

Unexpected Season 1 Episode 4
      Sleeping Dogs Season 1 Episode 14
      Judgement Season 2 Episode 19
      The Expanse Season 2 Episode 26
      Post edited by where2r1 on
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      edited May 2018
      np, I'm a fan of that Bird of Prey design. I'd put it in the lobi store because that's where the T6 Starfleet counterpart (The NX Refit) is.

It could be a tankier Bird of Prey given the lack of a cloaking device
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        I notice that the ships look WAY better when you watch them on the TV...
        than when they take still pictures of them. Is that because they are moving?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
        The D5 is also missing
        latest?cb=20081004204228&path-prefix=en
        latest?cb=20081006224452&path-prefix=en
        NMXb2ph.png
          Thing is, the ENT era KDF ships are really nice looking ships (better looking than the TOS ships). If the 22nd Century bird of prey and the D5 battlecruiser were in the C-Store, I'd get them. Both could be in the lobi store even
          NMXb2ph.png
            Thing is, the ENT era KDF ships are really nice looking ships (better looking than the TOS ships). If the 22nd Century bird of prey and the D5 battlecruiser were in the C-Store, I'd get them. Both could be in the lobi store even

I wouldn't spend on any ship that is not account unlocked.
            Not feasible for the small amount of time I have for in the game. LOL!

The ENT era KDF ships would be good vanguard type ships, C-Store would be best bet
            NMXb2ph.png
              edited May 2018
              I caught this "Klingon Battle Cruiser" on Enterprise today. Unexpected Season 1 Episode 4

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Voroks_battle_cruiser-fore,_Unexpected.jpg

Hmmm...I can not figure it out. It looks like it has more dimensions when you see it on TV, for some reason. This Klingon Battle Cruiser was sitting in one place and not moving at all... I thought it was movement that changed shadows or something that did it. I will try to pay closer attention when I watch the next program.

I caught this "Klingon Battle Cruiser" on Enterprise today. Unexpected Season 1 Episode 4

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Voroks_battle_cruiser-fore,_Unexpected.jpg

Hmmm...I can not figure it out. It looks like it has more dimensions when you see it on TV, for some reason. This Klingon Battle Cruiser was sitting in one place and not moving at all... I thought it was movement that changed shadows or something that did it. I will try to pay closer attention when I watch the next program.

That was a VFX gaffe on the producer's part
              NMXb2ph.png
                edited May 2018
                That was a VFX gaffe on the producer's part

Yeah, I saw.
                It is in the small print under the picture in the link. LOL!

I wonder if that is why T'Pol in the TV show script called it: Klingon Battle Cruiser
                Because they did not know what model ship was gonna be in there. LOL! Quite funny.

You know, thinking back on that....I DO remember seeing it on DS9 as part of the alliance Fleet.
                I actually thought it was pretty. :)

@theraven2378 BTW...thanks for mentioning this Enterprise stuff and getting me to move over to Enterprise episodes.
                I am totally burning out on Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Cardassian stuff....even before Victory is Life even hit Holodeck.

@theraven2378 BTW...thanks for mentioning this Enterprise stuff and getting me to move over to Enterprise episodes.
                I am totally burning out on Vorta, Jem'Hadar and Cardassian stuff....even before Victory is Life even hit Holodeck.

No problem, I do like Enterprise.
                NMXb2ph.png
                  Here's an interesting take on the Bird of Prey from Enterprise
                  latest?cb=20070613085727&path-prefix=en
                  NMXb2ph.png
                    edited May 2018
                    I watched Enterprise Season 1 Episode 14 "Sleeping Dogs".....with my dinner tonight.
                    I got to see a Raptor in this episode called IKS Somraw.
                    I recognize the Somraw name as one of the ships for leveling up on the KDF side.

https://goo.gl/images/Jk7qkD

There was a female Klingon Engineer with really pretty hair.
                    I don't know why we have such bad Klingon hair in this game.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:BukaH.jpg

My KDF toon flies a MU Somraw
                    NMXb2ph.png
                      OH, I bought a MU Somraw for an Admiralty card...when MU ships were cheaper on the Exchange.
                      I should go check the prices on those, again. In case I want them for Delta Recruits.

ruinthefun wrote: »
                      patrickngo wrote: »
                      thus, the reason you won't see a T6 Vor'cha, is simply that it doesn't fit the paradigm, in the T5 era, the Tor'kaht was one of the most effective ships available to ANY faction, and they don't want Federation, Romulan or upcoming Jem'hadar factions to be behind the red faction in any way, shape, or form.
                      I think the bigger problem with the Vorcha is that, even modernized to T6 form, it is now firmly behind the curve, rooted in an extremely outdated 4/4 paradigm that is nowadays just a beamwhale platform, with no particularly good options for T6 upgrade. If you examine all the possibilities of boff slotting for its T6 reincarnation, you will quickly realize there are really only bad options.

Make a T6 Vor'cha a 5/3 set up with the same Bridge officer seating and add dunno maybe command and I'd be interested
                      NMXb2ph.png
                      • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
                        I think I know of a couple other ships that will probably never be given the t-6 treatment:
                        Ha' nom and Ha' feh, many due to the Kara.
                        The Aquarius and HoH' Sus due to being designed as a portable pet for the Odyssey and Bortasque.
                        edited May 2018
                        The D5 is also missing

Archer did a number on that poor D5. LOL!
                        By missing do you mean we don't have it in the game at all???

It definitely looks much more sturdy than most ships I have seen so far on Enterprise.

The D5 is also missing

Archer did a number on that poor D5. LOL!
                        By missing do you mean we don't have it in the game at all???

It definitely looks much more sturdy than most ships I have seen so far on Enterprise.

It's not in game, finishing off the rest of the Ent era KDF ships would go a long way for KDF players
                        NMXb2ph.png
                          SORRY...reposting this since the EDIT BUG ate the last one....I wanted to change the link on the city to one that actually showed the city. LOL!

So, tonight with dinner, I watched Enterprise Season 2 Episode 19 "Judgement".

There was a ship called IKS Bortas. D5 Class Battle Cruiser.
                          I got to see it shooting torpedoes...or something. Maybe they were cannons, they were green.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/IKS_Bortas_(D5_class)

I still have not caught the BoP.
                          Maybe I will see the BoP in "The Expanse"...that is the last Enterprise episode on the list.

+++++++++++++

They panned out across a city in a Klingon colony, so I got to see that.
                          http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Narendra_III_surface,_2152.jpg

Archer was talking to his "Advocate" (lawyer) Kolos. During the convo...it comes up that there are other classes in the Klingon society besides soldiers. The lawyer was telling Archer of his father who was a teacher and his mother who was a biologist at the university. They were the ones who encouraged him to study law.

The Warrior class has taken over the Klingon society of the time though. The younger people only want to take up weapons. Kolos laments, "What honor is there in a victory over a weaker opponent?"

All this was very interesting.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kolos_(Klingon)

All the Klingons who were lawyers and the judge had long STRAIGHT hair!!!

The Bird of Prey and D5 make appearances in season 4 as well
                          ENT:
                          "The Expanse"
                          "Borderland"
                          "Cold Station 12"
                          "The Augments"
                          "Divergence"
                          D5
                          ENT:
                          "Marauders" (ENT Season 2)
                          "Judgment"
                          "The Augments" (ENT Season 4)
                          "Divergence"
                          NMXb2ph.png
                            Weapons firing on TV definitely looks different than in the game. That is for sure.

edited June 2018
                            OK... I added 5 more shows to the list....per your suggestion....

Marauders Season 2 Episode 6

Borderland (Part 1) Season 4 Episode 4
                            Cold Station 12 (Part 2) Season 4 Episode 5
                            The Augments (Part 3) Season 4 Episode 6

Divergence Season 4 Episode 16

(Klingon Augments??? WTH?? Like Khan???)
                            (Don't you Guys tell me anything, yet.....dammit. I have a lot to watch!)

It will take me a week to get to all these shows.
                            Thank you. :)
                            The Bird of Prey and D5 make appearances in season 4 as well
                            ENT:
                            "The Expanse"
                            "Borderland"
                            "Cold Station 12"
                            "The Augments"
                            "Divergence"
                            D5
                            ENT:
                            "Marauders" (ENT Season 2)
                            "Judgment"
                            "The Augments" (ENT Season 4)
                            "Divergence"

Post edited by where2r1 on

The Ent era KDF ships are very nice.
                            NP, I'm rewatching DS9 on Netflix myself
                            NMXb2ph.png