test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dominion Console set in Victory is Life

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
I am wanting to use the Dominion console set when I purchase my Gamma Vanguard bundle, but there is one thing concerning me, that the Console - Universal - Dominion Defense Screen most likely will not be available, as it is only obtained from a T6 Bugship.
I think the other two parts of the set will be available though, that is why this is of concern to me.

Would it be possible for Cryptic to offer the Console - Universal - Dominion Defense Screen as an independent item from the T6 Bugship for the purposes of completing the console set?
So all the powers and bonuses are accessible instead of being restricted by a console that isn't obtainable.

For me personally, this issue is the only major disappointment I have concerning the Victory is Life release.

And please keep the topic civil/polite when responding.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Cryptic undermine the sales of their promo packs? I believe that belongs in the category of "when pigs fly."

Get a T6 bugship.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The bug ships will be just as easy to get, i.e. not very, after ViL as they are now.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    while cryptiic is being very generous with the ViL stuff, it seems the bugship extras is where they draw the line. presumally because they want to be able to sell something to people who buy the big pack.

and I'm not gonna lie I'm probably not gonna get any more jem'hader stuff. the big pack has basically everything I need for mine.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I can't make sense of that logic, they will be getting 198 AUD from me for the Gamma Vanguard pack and they want an additional 264 AUD for one ship for one character.
    I was told a T6 Bugship costs 200 USD to obtain.

There is a point where common sense overrides need/want and I've reached it.
    Be honest, would you pay 264 AUD/200 USD for a ship console?

From my perspective, the ship is unimportant, since I plan to use a Dominion Dreadnaught instead.
    As soon as I extract the console, it'll be sent to Drydock and it's only practical use will be for Admiralty.

It's also incomprehensible to me the sales logic here, a guaranteed item will sell more then a random prize pack with an inestimastally small chance of receiving the item.
    Cryptic may be making money from one group, but losing it from another.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I can't make sense of that logic, they will be getting 198 AUD from me for the Gamma Vanguard pack and they want an additional 264 AUD for one ship for one character.
    I was told a T6 Bugship costs 200 USD to obtain.

There is a point where common sense overrides need/want and I've reached it.
    Be honest, would you pay 264 AUD/200 USD for a ship console?

From my perspective, the ship is unimportant, since I plan to use a Dominion Dreadnaught instead.
    As soon as I extract the console, it'll be sent to Drydock and it's only practical use will be for Admiralty.

It's also incomprehensible to me the sales logic here, a guaranteed item will sell more then a random prize pack with an inestimastally small chance of receiving the item.
    Cryptic may be making money from one group, but losing it from another.

Well technically... PWE doesn't sell the T6 bug ship at all. your buying from 3rd parties. they sell you a CHANCE to get one from one of their gamble boxes.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I can't make sense of that logic...

It doesn't have to make logical or mathematical sense. You just have to live with the reality of the situation.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Join the people wanting the Starfleet Assault Cruiser Technology Set... then be happy that completing the Dominion Console Set is at least possible.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    edited May 2018
    @tyler002
    Is that Console set supposed to be hard to obtain? :s

I have it:
    Starfleet Assault Cruiser Technology console set.

Command Assault Cruiser (ordered from my comics retailer): 30 AUD.
    Intel Assault Cruiser: 40 AUD in C-Store
    Assault Cruiser Refit: 33 AUD, also C-Store.
    Total Cost: 103 AUD.

And for that expenditure, I got three ship account unlocks I can use on any Starfleet character.

Therefore, the comparison is not comprehensible to me, why compare a readily available set to one that requires a component expensive to acquire?

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If a Ferrari is out of your price range, make do with a Ford.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    @tyler002
    Is that Console set supposed to be hard to obtain? :s

I have it:
    Starfleet Assault Cruiser Technology console set.

Command Assault Cruiser (ordered from my comics retailer): 30 AUD.
    Intel Assault Cruiser: 40 AUD in C-Store
    Assault Cruiser Refit: 33 AUD, also C-Store.
    Total Cost: 103 AUD.

And for that expenditure, I got three ship account unlocks I can use on any Starfleet character.

Therefore, the comparison is not comprehensible to me, why compare a readily available set to one that requires a component expensive to acquire?

A ship tied to a limited-production model built in such numbers that only a minority of very lucky players even have a chance of getting it (with a price that can even go into the hundreds). We may have gotten lucky (you in a store, me on eBay for £35), but it was set up in such a way that the majority of players will never have the opportunity. And that's just the PC players; it's not even available for console at all (or the Intel one, for that matter).

Compare that to a ship that pretty much anyone can aquire in-game by just browsing the exchange or opening R&D Packs during the promotional period.

So, yeah; the Sovereign Set is basically borderline-impossible to complete, while the Dominion one can be done with by grinding EC.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well the bad part is that when they T6'd existing T5 special ships, they upgraded the T5 Console that originally came with the T5 for and on the T6. Unfortunately, the T5 JHAS never had a Console to begin with, so you couldn't even get the Console for the Set if you picked up the T5 JHAS from the Phoenix Store.

I don't think there was any other T5 Ship in the game that did not have a Console (Fleet Ships excluded as that's the way they roll).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I actually know what ship I will be using for my Jem'Hadar, it'll be the T6 Vanguard Dreadnaught.
    However, from reviewing the recent announcement, it looks like these ships are not providing the set I was expecting, but an all new console set instead.
    I assume it is a set, the update didn't mention if the new Dominion console set actually had bonuses for equipping all of them on one ship or not.

So it looks like if I want the original console set I was after, I have to get the other ships anyway, regardless of the fact I already own better versions from the Gamma Vanguard bundle.
    I guess I know where my lifetime stipend is going for the next 10 years, on metric tonnes of lockbox keys. :p

@tyler002
    Thanks for explaining why that set is so hard to obtain.
    I see the item on Amazon for $50 and it is also on eBay for $40.
    So I assume if anyone is seeking it, they should get it now.
    Speaking from personal experience, the rarer this real world item gets, the more the price fixers will charge for it, there might come a time when they're asking $500 dollars for it!!!!! :o:s

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I don't think there was any other T5 Ship in the game that did not have a Console (Fleet Ships excluded as that's the way they roll).
    The Galor did not have a console. It unlocked spiral wave beams instead.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Cryptic undermine the sales of their promo packs? I believe that belongs in the category of "when pigs fly."

Get a T6 bugship.

Tellarites do have a space ship now.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Get a T6 bugship.

Tellarites do have a space ship now.

Locutusofcactus, you win at life, let no one tell you differently.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."