test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new "updated" Jem'Hadar Bug Ship Model

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
So since yesterday we got access to the new updated Jem'Hadar ship models and yes there have been a lot of improvements to the Battlecruiser and the Battleship unfortunately this can not be said about the Bug Ship.

I have the biggest respect of the Devs responsible for the new ships and them updating the older models the new Bug ship is and again I am sorry to say that not as well made as you would expect it for one of the most expensive ships in the game and has some significant discrepancies to the studio and CGI models used for DS9.

bSi9zeJ.png
lHmsB93.png?1
fzBxAr2.jpg
yvoKo8g.jpg
IPtk97k.jpg
81qd6SX.jpg
juaQ6Hq.jpg
dFCEdj3.jpg
yzyJeKJ.jpg
Bridger.png
Post edited by bridgern on

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Is it possible the angles on the wings and slope of the hull are based on the physical model?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Time, and the storyline, march on. This is an upgraded, more advanced version of the older ship.

Nothing to see here except fan hand-wringing.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Is it possible the angles on the wings and slope of the hull are based on the physical model?​​

Unfortunately not, except for the bottom two pictures the other pictures show the physical model and the wings are straight with an slight angle but not in the BoP style.
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Time, and the storyline, march on. This is an upgraded, more advanced version of the older ship.

Nothing to see here except fan hand-wringing.

The Bug ship falls into the same deal as any older ship that got a model upgrade, Defiant, Galaxy, Sovereign it is the original ship from the show.
    Bridger.png
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Now do a comparison between these and the original ship model, just so we can get some context as to just how much the new models really are (or are not) an improvement even if they still fall short of the original CGI and physical model.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Now do a comparison between these and the original ship model, just so we can get some context as to just how much the new models really are (or are not) an improvement even if they still fall short of the original CGI and physical model.

I am not saying that the new model is not a huge improvement over the old one but things were not addressed correctly like the angle of the wings that is wrong on the old and new model and the new shield that is in position and what it covers even less accurate than the old model.

oIfPedC.png
    qB3bejN.png

Bridger.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wait I am getting confused.

The T-5U "Bug" ship I have right now on my Romulan, the one I got from the Phoenix box....is WRONG? And they are going to change it when ViL goes live?

Is that going to mess up my paint job on it? It took forever for me to get it the way I wanted. Do not want to have to go through that again.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Wait I am getting confused.

The T-5U "Bug" ship I have right now on my Romulan, the one I got from the Phoenix box....is WRONG? And they are going to change it when ViL goes live?

Is that going to mess up my paint job on it? It took forever for me to get it the way I wanted. Do not want to have to go through that again.

Well, basically yes. All the old dominion ships got an overhaul (not sure about the HEC though) and as you can see by the comparsion shots the T5 bug didn't really improve in terms of screen accuracy.
    The post above your's is a direct comparison of the current model on holodeck (left) and the "improved" model on tribble that will replace the older one on june 5th.
    Though I'm not a fan of the new bug either the dread carrier (old model / new model) and the still unplayable (kinda supsecting that status will change rather "soon") battleship (old model / new model) look amazing.
  • zorky63zorky63 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would be glad if the nacelles would not be zebra colored , with not only the stripes from the metal housing showing up to interrupt the single purple color, but also random stripes of a lighter shade of purple .

Plz fix and remove the stripes of lither purple .

Thanks .

F0CUsCd.png

GU5iHss.png