test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

increasing dilthium daily limit[suggestion]

americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
not sure were to post this but im sure this has been asked to death but why noy give us a increase in the daily dil limit from 8k a day and yes yes i know with the fleet mine you get extra 500 per day on top of extra 1k every 2 to 3 days as a lifetime member but that is crazy to go through all of that just to gain a extra 500 daily and 9k-9.5k every 2 days why not make a cstore item and make it account wide or allow for it to be per character either or. allow us to double our daily limit from 8k to 16k that way its not really hording or hurting anyone that way and probably would drive up the price of dil for zen a little bit but i would pay for 16k daily limit easily with zen . you could made it even higher but realistically 16k is stretching it though i know but again to 'prevent abuses by horders" you have to have a limit per character or per account and a one time use that makes it permanent either account wide or per character that way you devs make money and we get more dil daily. but again this is a pipe dream but why not at least consider it .

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Make a another character. In a matter of days you can have it up to speed....start refining Dilithium on second character. Viola! 2000-8500 Dilithium a day...depending on how lazy you are about grinding.

Do that with another character. Over and over....
    I am currently doing this with 5 characters.
    But I am trying to collect Dilithium for a Fleet Starbase Tier 5 upgrade AND Fleet Colony Projects at Tier 2.

Are you starting to see how Alts work?
    And that is why you will never see refining limits PER character go any higher.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If you refine more per day dilithium's value drops and ultimately nothing changes. That's the very short version.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Been discussed to death already. Short version, increasing the daily Dil limit will totally f*&k the dilithium exchange which in turn totally f78Ks the entire STO market, which in turn means turn out the lights and go home. STO is dead.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    arionisa wrote: »
    Been discussed to death already. Short version, increasing the daily Dil limit will totally f*&k the dilithium exchange which in turn totally f78Ks the entire STO market, which in turn means turn out the lights and go home. STO is dead.

No.
    A little over the top with the drama there, but no, it would not be doom and gloom.
    Otherwise, the number of players with Alts specifically for this reason would have already pushed everything overboard years ago.
    Re-engineering had more of an effect, IMO, and things are still chugging along.

OP, as mention above, just create more toons.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    People are quick with foreseeing STOs doom whenever anyone has an idea. In this case that's a lot of drama but since dilithium value drops you need more dil to get the same. Since you can refine more you end up earning the exact same value as before. Just because you can refine more per day does not mean you get more things or get anything faster as prices (exchange and dil items) would be adjusted. It would just be an illusion of having "more".
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    No. As someone who plays Neverwinter too, no. Nor would it mean getting the same amount as few players can manage more than 2-3 toons in a day. Yes I know the weird people of this forum are different, but we're talking the wider player base here. It would also mean a TRIBBLE ton more time spent grinding dil rather than playing the game for those who want to you know, actauly play the game and not just do mindless dil hunting.

Only way I'd accept an increase as a good idea is if they make a flat accountwide cap, say the current equivalent of 4-5 toons daily max, i.e. 24-30k per day, but you could do this on one toon or several as you wished. This should technically raise the cap on one toon if you only had 1-3, but overall wouldn't do much as few max out their dil limit on more than that number.
    And I say this as a someone with a veritable army of alts (I'm an altoholic, what of it?).

Edit: Not saying OP's suggestion would kill the game but it sure as hell would mean that I'd reconsider where I was spending my time. The fair economy to casual players in this game is one significant reason I stick around. Remove that and well there's a ton of other games out there that's interesting and have a "let's favor the elitists" economy.
    What both OP and a lot of others here in the forum tend to forget is that the main audience of this game aren't really elite players, it's casuals. Yes they try to offer content to the elites too, but that's not the major bread winners of this game for them. I'll start crying doom for this game the day they start favoring the elite segment over the casuals, that's when I know this game has a very limited life expectancy.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    well for someone wanting to insult me in my own post i will say i consider myself a "ELITIST" and what of it ? im a perfectionist and and the same token this game doesnt cater to just the casuals as it does the elite but if you want to be a elite about the game learn how to play invest enough time and money in the game to actually be a hardcore elitist as you so call us i have done 90% this game has to offer so outside of perfecting my game and doing everything in game for just my fleet alone and nothing else but that and saving dil to actually spend on fleet projects and what not theirs not alot to do and who in their right minds wants to actually grind out daily dil on 10+ toons or how many ever you people are saying you have thats insane easiest way to 'FARM' dil daily is to do the admirality daily and get the free 60k each week between the two on say 5 to 6 toons max and if you have more thats just crazy. i have enough time i could make like 20 toons but thats just way to much grinding and effort even for me and each toon i have now i save a little dil here and their for gear from fleet and as such the limit should be increased regardless if it hurts the economy for the casuals or the elites alike like it or lump it . i said it was a suggestion not a demand but lets face its a area they need to improve regardless and thats my opinon on it .
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    HIi3ZGn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.