test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did I hear right warship voyager

I hope this comes true just watch the latest ten forward stream and gotta day I got a little excited hearing warship voyager maybe happening in a few years

Comments

• scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    Personally, I think the Galaxy Dreadnaught and Warship Voyager would have been perfect for Mirror Universe counterparts for the Galaxy Class and Intrepid class ships.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    No hope for my T6 Oberth.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Correct, no hope for a T6 Oberth. And in related news, there will never be a nuclear-powered, railgun-armed Calypso or Rainbow Warrior sailing our seas.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Ugh, I hope not. Janeway did no more fighting than Picard or Sisko (The one on the front lines in the middle of an ACTUAL war). I don't need anyone else throwing their "Janeway is eVi1!!!1!1!!!L!" around any further, thanks. Besides, they couldn't accurately represent it as it never existed. And unlike the Galaxy-X, it was unreasonable in its design, what with the whole "30 torpedo tubes" thing. While the X was meant to be a believable progression of technology, warship Voyager was created based on an eroded schematic found by people who didn't understand Starfleet technology at all.

What I WOULD like to see, is something based off of the Year of Hell Voyager. Titanic hull plating trait, temporal shielding, maybe some console with the tactile response program Tuvok used after he goes blind, the works. Could remake the Pathfinder for a different specialization (Temporal or Miracle Worker, considering the time travel and sorry state Voyager was in in that episode) and maybe even rework the BOff stations to be a little more tactically focused (Just to cater to the warship fans) and boom. A billion percent more reasonable than a Warship Voyager.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    A playable Warship Voyager would have to be toned down considerably to be useable, the original was a caricature of a warship made by people with little accurate knowledge of their own past and a bigger interest in scapegoating someone else for their own crimes than accuracy or common sense.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The big problem here is the fact that 'Warship Voyager' never actually existed. It was a fantasy based on sketchy information and incorrect extrapolation. The ship never existed (obviously Voyager existed, but the warship version did not.)

Of course when the time line was fixed in All Good Things, the Galaxy X Dreadnought should no longer exist either.. and I am currently flying one.. so who knows.

Still, it seems kinda silly to put this in game. Of course, if it follows the specs from the show and has 55 hard points.. I'll buy it! lol
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Of course when the time line was fixed in All Good Things, the Galaxy X Dreadnought should no longer exist either.. and I am currently flying one.. so who knows.

The difference there is that we know the Galaxy-X was actually built in at least one timeline, so it's not out of the question for other timelines to produce something similar. The Warship Voyager doesn't even have that.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    One thing we DON'T know is WHEN the fake Voyager was created. We know the Kyrians had been using it pro propaganda since shortly after Voyager left. Maybe the holographic duplicate was created prior to 2409? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Honestly I can see Warship Voyager being the ISS Voyager from a timeline where the Terran Empire didn't fall. She started as a baseline Intrepid, but over her time in the Delta Quadrant they modified her to be a more capable combat vessel because of the threats they faced like the Hirogen. After returning from the Delta Quadrant, the Terran Empire adapted the modified ISS Voyager into a variant of the Intrepid class, or outright replaced their current design with the Warship refit.

There's ways to spin it that will work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    tyler002 wrote: »

The difference there is that we know the Galaxy-X was actually built in at least one timeline, so it's not out of the question for other timelines to produce something similar. The Warship Voyager doesn't even have that.

Very true, the Galaxy X was an actual ship that might or might not have still existed going forward. 'Warship Voyager' was never anything more then a holographic drawing and some inaccurate stories.
    edited May 2018
    jonsills wrote: »
    Correct, no hope for a T6 Oberth. And in related news, there will never be a nuclear-powered, railgun-armed Calypso or Rainbow Warrior sailing our seas.
    So a few of the older versions of the ship got destroyed in the TOS/TMP timeline, so what. We see a refitted Oberth in TNG quite a few times without being destroyed. And to be fair the Oberth getting destroyed was in a movie and movies usually tend to ramp up the action factor and sometimes blow things up just for the sake of it, hell the Enterprise D got easily destroyed by a BoP in Generations.

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Still no tier 6 nova...
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm hoping for...

02756-05475.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    ^ :love:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for...

02756-05475.jpg

I'm just throwing my wallet at the screen trying to make it happen. :smiley:
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > nixie50 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm hoping for...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm just throwing my wallet at the screen trying to make it happen. :smiley:

If you played World of Warships, for April Fools, they had a space battleship mini game. Was quite fun.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    I don't think I wouldn't mind Warship Voyager but I would like the option to use the regular Voyager skin on it.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Very true, the Galaxy X was an actual ship that might or might not have still existed going forward. 'Warship Voyager' was never anything more then a holographic drawing and some inaccurate stories.

Well, the Dauntless is also in game as a Federation ship, but it was a fake ship never build by Starfleet.

What I don't remember about Warship Voyager is however if it was part of an aborted timeline and the recording could never possibly make it back to anyone in Starfleet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited May 2018

Well, the Dauntless is also in game as a Federation ship, but it was a fake ship never build by Starfleet.
    There is in fact a story as to why it's in the game. It's not the original Dauntless but a re-creation of it.

• jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    I think it’s a case of you either love it or hate it. I love it but I better start saving now becuase if and when it happens I’ve a feeling it’s going to be a promo ship and going to cost billions. I can see it being fitted with a console that either has a phaser lance or a photon torpedo barrage console and maybe a trait of reinforced armour or something along those lines
    Maybe it won't be a promo ship, look at the Galaxy and the Galaxy X variant, they are both c-store ships.
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > Maybe it won't be a promo ship, look at the Galaxy and the Galaxy X variant, they are both c-store ships.

I hope it does go to c store here’s hoping anyway lol
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    I think it’s a case of you either love it or hate it. I love it but I better start saving now becuase if and when it happens I’ve a feeling it’s going to be a promo ship and going to cost billions. I can see it being fitted with a console that either has a phaser lance or a photon torpedo barrage console and maybe a trait of reinforced armour or something along those lines

Honestly, I don't see it being a promo ship. Sure, there are plenty of people who will want one, but it won't have nearly the demand to make it a promo ship. If it is a promo, I don't think it will be as expensive as you think unless it's just wildly over powered. If it has a highly sought after trait or something like that.. then yeah, it might be a pricey promo.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    talonxv wrote: »
    Still no tier 6 nova...
    Nope - and probably never will be.

This is still baffling.. I really thought there would be a T6 Nova by now. I can't imagine why the Nova and the Vor'Cha haven't gotten the T6 Treatment.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Voyager was a science ship and built as such, with a secondary deflector etc. It would make zero sense to have a warship version of it as in canon, sci ships where research/exploration vessels and shielded and weaponed as such. In-game it would be sort of pointless, why bother with a tac-heavy seating Pathfinder/Intrepid when there's already a multitude of ships that do the job better?

Gimme a T6 Nova though. I got me a Verne yesterday, whcih made my sci a happy bunny as I've been flying the T5-U Wells since forever, but a T6 Nova is like the holy grail for me. Take my zen already!
    Post edited by koppster on
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    maybe they will kill 2 birds and make it the yeager class
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Yeah, 25th century Starfleet is big on defictionalization. :D
    What I don't remember about Warship Voyager is however if it was part of an aborted timeline and the recording could never possibly make it back to anyone in Starfleet.
    1. It wasn't.
    2. Not like we don't have heaps of stuff from other timelines anyway.

EDIT: Fixed tags, post dont get eaten, please.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Just posting because someone said "enough of people throwing around that their Janeway is Evil!". Tough. Mine sure is. I bet there at least one universe out there that has one. P.S. Warship Voyager? Hell yeah! Maybe make it skin instead though to prevent most of the posters complaining. Although l can't understand why? We have freaking JJ ships running around that look out of place. I don't think small aggressive voyager is going do much to ruin someone's canon immersion day...
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    There is in fact a story as to why it's in the game. It's not the original Dauntless but a re-creation of it.
    Short version: they found a set of schematics made by Arturis.

To be honest Warship Voyager is to exact sort of thing the Terran Empire would do. A lot of peeps have commented that it was basically a MU-lite episode where you have evil version that aren't actually MIRROR versions. So a Terran Empire ship that has a "strong resemblance" would be the obvious solution I think.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

If Greenpeace decided to become militaristic in their environmental protests and utilize railguns, I don't see them using wind or solar power to power their weapon systems due to how unreliable they are. Nuclear power doesn't release 'dangerous' carbon dioxide unlike other ships. So a nuclear-powered, railgun-armed Rainbow Warrior is much better than a diesel-powered, railgun-armed Rainbow Warrior.