test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Operation Gamma

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I simply cannot do this mission. I get lost and cannot find the multiple worker bees in time. Is there any way to fins them in the sky before they repair the subsystems? Without this, I'm stuck and cannot progress through any further story arcs. It is extremely frustrating. All sensible suggestions welcome.

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Are you on PC? If you haven't completed it and want proficient back up. Message me at odinforever20000 in game

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    In the UI settings, make sure that pets and mines are at least set to have reticles when not targeted. At some point the default was changed from reticle always and name when targeted to name and reticle both only when targeted, and it makes missions like this very difficult.

Once set right, the workbees and fighters will have a partial frame around them when not targeted, much like starships typically do by default.

It makes for some confusing UI jumble in the next section of this mission, but it's also better than not being able to see where the swarmers are coming from.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I now have my UI set to always show fighter and mines, however when I first started running operation gamma I didn't. I would just tab through targets till it showed the worker bee(s) and then wipe em. I usually arm myself with one 360 beam (or turret), whatever I have with the most DPS, plus a DBB, also whatever I happen to have with the highest DPS. That way the 360 beam is already hitting once I get the Bee targeted, and with the high turn rate of the shuttle/small craft, it doesn't take long at all to get the DBB hammering on em also.

Also helpful is to drop a turret just before triggering the second bee(s), besides the added dps, it also helps distract those pesky fighters
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    equip the wide angle photon if you are fed. and drop a phaser turret near one of the pylons. BFAW1 or TS1 for your boff power. ignore the fighters go for the work bees FIRST. when you start the scan to disabel, pay attention to where you are pointing on the minimap, an d jsut sweep clockwise. you dont really need to be going fast, everything is in range pretty much
    Spock.jpg