test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Delta Mark PVEs

I've been playing a lot of Star Trek Online, and I'm trying to grind for Delta Marks to get the Delta Alliance Ground Armor. However, I noticed that the Delta Mark PVEs have the least amount of queues there are. There's only 2 PVEs you can get them in, and I think that should change to about 4.
My first suggestion is defending a Talaxian Colony against the Vaadwaur. It would be similar to how the Miner Instabilities PVE is for the Temporal Marks. But this time, instead of defending Gorn miners, you're defending Talaxian pilots. The goal is to protect the pilots to allow the Talaxians to escape. This is just a short little idea that can be changed. I just really wish there were more Delta Mark PVE queues.

Comments

• ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...There's only 2 PVEs you can get them in, and I think that should change to about 4...

More dead queues? That's not really what this game needs. About the only way you can consistently get some of the older marks are Red Alerts or the events like the current Mirror Invasion. The battlezones aren't bad either (except the new Tzenkethi one), but there is no Delta battlezone. The best you can do there is replaying the Kobali Act III ground mission.
  • xgnxlentgamer02xgnxlentgamer02 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Alright. But even so, the queues wouldn't be so dead if there were different kinds. That way people aren't always getting tired of the same ones.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    There is a stunning variety of queues. People gravitate towards the ones with the highest reward-effort ratio. Adding more of them won't change that. CCA and ISA reign supreme because it takes more time to log in than it does to beat them. That's why the other queues are empty outside of endeavors driving people to play them.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
    tm706 wrote: »
    There is a stunning variety of queues. People gravitate towards the ones with the highest reward-effort ratio. Adding more of them won't change that. CCA and ISA reign supreme because it takes more time to log in than it does to beat them. That's why the other queues are empty outside of endeavors driving people to play them.

Yes, but that's because people are getting a certain reward based on the PVE they participate in. Whenever I do another queue, they RARELY have Delta Marks available for the rewards. That's why I'm suggesting more Delta Mark PVEs.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yes, but that's because people are getting a certain reward based on the PVE they participate in. Whenever I do another queue, they RARELY have Delta Marks available for the rewards. That's why I'm suggesting more Delta Mark PVEs.

Unless it can compete with Infected for payout vs time investment... the only time you'll see it really active is when its new. Then... its back to the same old farms.

Its not the marks people are after in Infected and Crystalline. Its the Dilithium. If you're not working on getting gear associated with either Omega or Nukara reps... you're milling the marks down into raw Dilithium. Infected has the added bonus of giving an "elite mark", the Borg Neural Processor, on Advanced. You can mill down those into Dilithium as well.

And yea... they REALLY need to fix Gon'cra, because I actually like the CONCEPT of that battlezone. Its not ALL pew pew, and actually requires some coordination, even if its just "hey keep this guy off me while I push asteroids".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Hey OP I like your idea. :)

To take your inspiration from Miners Instabilities is a good call as it happens to be a well-designed and fun ground map with reasonable tasks to do and especially rewards to get. That’s the main reason why this map still pops regularly while others (mostly elite space maps) either died out or never really were born (Dranuur Gauntlet lol).
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Last thing we need is even more redundant, empty mark queues. Everyone gets their marks from the alerts now.

As far as I'm concerned, unless/until they add unique rewards that give people reason to actually play something besides the alerts, ISA and CCA, they might as well not have any other queues in the game at all.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User

And how many times would you plan on running these new PVEs once you have the Delta marks for your ground armor? If you're like me and others once the shiny is acquired it's back to the time:payout ratio and since the Delta reputation is pretty dated now the only real way to get those new PVEs to pop would be in a premade team anyways. As long as there are queues like CCA and RAs out there (I stopped doing ISA) those new PVEs will sit virtually unused and potentially detract from all the other unused queues out there. Not the best use of developer time in my opinion.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If you want delta or iconian gear best bet is to run a RA or similar mark choice run then do the last two missions on kobali prime as they give the tokens.

MI event is on so thats a pretty decent option for mark gaining if you're not a time/reward junkie.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If you want an infinite number of Delta marks? Spend a few several hours wandering around the Kobali adventure zone.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    red alert. Borg battlefield Imaga, the one with the robots, the last kobali so you can get the marks for the Iconian rep, by then it should be close to a half our, risne repeat. yeah it's only 5 marks at a whack (or is it 10?) but thats why it is a grind
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    fftt wrote: »

And how many times would you plan on running these new PVEs once you have the Delta marks for your ground armor? If you're like me and others once the shiny is acquired it's back to the time:payout ratio and since the Delta reputation is pretty dated now the only real way to get those new PVEs to pop would be in a premade team anyways. As long as there are queues like CCA and RAs out there (I stopped doing ISA) those new PVEs will sit virtually unused and potentially detract from all the other unused queues out there. Not the best use of developer time in my opinion.

I'm not really one to care about other stuff as long as I get what I need. Also, it would remain useful as long as there are other players trying to get Delta Marks. People seem to be missing the point here. All I want is a new PVE as a good source of Delta Marks, but also a fun way to get them.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Alright. But even so, the queues wouldn't be so dead if there were different kinds. That way people aren't always getting tired of the same ones.
    How you could type this and not realize how demonstrably wrong it is is beyond me. We have as it stands what? 20+ queues that are 99% dead. And you think adding more is the "fix" to make them not dead?

People don't stop playing queues because they get tired of them. They stop because they don't need the marks anymore and/or they have found a faster way to get those marks. You'd be surprised at how many players sit around waiting to do winter epohs, summer birds and the occasional CCA event for lazy mark grinds.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    How you could type this and not realize how demonstrably wrong it is is beyond me. We have as it stands what? 20+ queues that are 99% dead. And you think adding more is the "fix" to make them not dead?

People don't stop playing queues because they get tired of them. They stop because they don't need the marks anymore and/or they have found a faster way to get those marks. You'd be surprised at how many players sit around waiting to do winter epohs, summer birds and the occasional CCA event for lazy mark grinds.
    If it's so wrong, then how come there are people like me STILL trying to get Delta Marks? You didn't take into consideration that there are still new players trying to get reputation marks as well. Again, people are missing the point here. My goal was to recommend a fun and efficient way to get Delta Marks. So far, the only ways to get them are Red Alerts, Bug Hunt, and Borg Disconnected. I got tired of those pretty quickly. Adding something new and fun will get players to try and get Delta Marks again.
    the flaw to your reasoning is that it requires players to WANT Delta Marks. Obviously there are some that do. But they want them because they NEED them for something.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    the flaw to your reasoning is that it requires players to WANT Delta Marks. Obviously there are some that do. But they want them because they NEED them for something.

Exactly. They want them because they need them for something. The point I'm making is that there are so few ways to get them that are actually entertaining. Every time I play Borg Disconnected, I'm just like "Ugh? This again? Can I just, skip it?".
    IF they want them, which most people don't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If it's so wrong, then how come there are people like me STILL trying to get Delta Marks?
    Because you're late to the party obviously. I go through this every time I create a new character. I have zero issues getting delta marks.
    You didn't take into consideration that there are still new players trying to get reputation marks as well. Again, people are missing the point here. My goal was to recommend a fun and efficient way to get Delta Marks.
    What do new players have to do with anything? There are 6 existing ways to get delta marks. That's more than enough.
    So far, the only ways to get them are Red Alerts, Bug Hunt, and Borg Disconnected. I got tired of those pretty quickly. Adding something new and fun will get players to try and get Delta Marks again.
    There's also Kobali ground, Delta Quadrant Patrols and The Battle of Korfez,
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Bug Hunt used to be a far more popular queue, until they ruined it by nerfing the payout and adding the random insta-fail condition of "Derpface Must Not Stand In Fire And Kill Himself".

Yea... I remember when Bug Hunt popped all the time. It was great.
    Then... the fail condition was added.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Yeah, you basically need a dedicated healer to have a chance of completing it on advanced in that version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Since everyone here is pretty much just bashing on my idea and how it's pretty much useless, I'm just going to stop responding. My point has been made, and so has everyone else's.