test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why does crafting an item have to take so long?

grocerstockergrocerstocker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm crafting Mark VI gear for an alt, why does it have to take an hour for each item? It's not end game gear or anything special. Would like some reasoning behind this besides "just use dilithium to speed it up".

Yes I like using crafting to gear alts, go figure why someone would do that...

Answers

• Options
    charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Well you answered your own question, it is just a dil sink.

Pro tip: always craft mk2 and upgrade with alts (mk2 takes a few minutes) if you wanna go that route. Saves you a lot of resources/ec in the long run and might start giving your alt universally good stuff to keep well into endgame if upgraded further.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Ho,ho, ho, wait till it takes 20 hours. Past Mk 8 it's not economical and as charon83 said, better to just craft Mk2.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I'm crafting Mark VI gear for...

Why?
    An initial experimental upgrade on a desired Mk II makes more sense.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The crafting system was originally more hands on and then they revamped it into the current timesinky farcebook thing that it is now. It's also now a dilithium sink chances of it being improved away from the timesinky nature is unlikely.

As for gearing alts I'd suggest you don't bother too much about using crafted gear unless it's something that you'll keep using once you hit the cap. Levelling speed means that you'll outgrow new items pretty fast and I've found that as long as you keep more or less up to snuff via drops & rewards it's better to simply stash stuff for when you hit 50.

Only things I will craft for alts are the things like a conductive RCS or the TR sniper if I don't have a spare I can yoink from a mothballed 60.
  • Options
    grocerstockergrocerstocker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    K, thanks for the help. I'll look more into the upgrade system. Haven't really gotten around to reading up on that yet.