test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experimental Drain/Tank Build Help

gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I've been to this part of the forums to ask for some advice. I've recently created a Lethean Delta KDF Engineer whom I plan to fly the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser with. My idea is to primarily make the ship a tank whilst still capitalizing on its Starship Trait and drains altogether. So I've decided to run it with a 3 part breen set and plasmonic leech along with energy siphon 2. My question is what energy weapon type should I use that synergizes well with a science based engineering build focused around drains? I was thinking polarons but I don't like how they look. However polarized disruptors I like but they break the bank a bit too much for me. Also keep in and I'd be running transphasic torps due to the breen set bonus. However, I have phased tetryons in my possession. Are those doable with my suggested build idea? I apologize if my post seems a bit scatterbrained, I've been contemplating this all day.
Thanks!
signature.png

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Well, since weapon procs all have been changed to activate per weapon cycle instead of per shot the usefulness of procs has taken a huge dip.
    Technically vanilla polaron is the best for that kind of drain mostly because you can craft them with the [Pen] mod that adds armor penetration to that specific weapon and they're easy to upgrade in mark and quality.
    Dominion polaron (from "boldly they rode") is kinda neat since both it's energy dain and shield drain scale with your drain skill. A real pain to farm and upgrade though.
    Generally pick a color and flavour that suits you and boost the hell out of it, procs have very much lost their relevance by now.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    Well, since weapon procs all have been changed to activate per weapon cycle instead of per shot the usefulness of procs has taken a huge dip.
    Technically vanilla polaron is the best for that kind of drain mostly because you can craft them with the [Pen] mod that adds armor penetration to that specific weapon and they're easy to upgrade in mark and quality.
    Dominion polaron (from "boldly they rode") is kinda neat since both it's energy dain and shield drain scale with your drain skill. A real pain to farm and upgrade though.
    Generally pick a color and flavour that suits you and boost the hell out of it, procs have very much lost their relevance by now.

I've settled on Phased Tetryons with 1 Destabilizing Tetryon DBB. I'm only mixing Tetryons because I can't afford a Phased Tetryon DBB or Vice versa I can't afford 5 Destabilizing Tetryon beam arrays and a DBB. That, and I already have 5 phased Tetryon beam arrays sitting in my account bank. Are tetryons still good... last I used them they weren't good for damage but were pretty much exclusively good at taking down shields... considering procs are moot now, has that hindered their performance?
    signature.png
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Tet is not bad but also not especially good either. There are many things that can boost it's base damge but nothing special beyond that like phaser and disruptor now have.
    You can go with the tet-omni and sci console from "butterfly", the nukara rep DBB and universal console and if you've got some lobi you might want to look at the Tzenkethi Resolve Set from the lobi store. If you've got nothing for shields, engines, etc. you can got with the set from "melting pot" to get another easy +tetryon damage boost.
    There's also the sci console from "renegade's regret" that gives a small +tet and +drain boost.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    > @seriousdave said:
    > Tet is not bad but also not especially good either. There are many things that can boost it's base damge but nothing special beyond that like phaser and disruptor now have.
    > You can go with the tet-omni and sci console from "butterfly", the nukara rep DBB and universal console and if you've got some lobi you might want to look at the Tzenkethi Resolve Set from the lobi store. If you've got nothing for shields, engines, etc. you can got with the set from "melting pot" to get another easy +tetryon damage boost.
    > There's also the sci console from "renegade's regret" that gives a small +tet and +drain boost.

I am already planning to run the 3-piece Breen set to thematically match so I'd be forgoing the melting pot set. I'll have to take a closer look at the Nukara rep items. Thanks for your help!
    signature.png