test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

2»

Comments

• rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Hey guess what. It's back. And this time it's on both my AT&T and Satellite connections (typical sat 600ms, but fully playable). Right now, every time I get into combat, I lag up to 3k+. It acts like something massive is downloading.
    today is another lag fest. and like always, it's in the space event STF after an update. 7k+ms this time. load in, 7k+ for 3 minuets after load screen. buff up, 1.5k ms. enter combat 2.8k ms. anywhere else, no issue. can't use AT&T b/c the lag is too intense. and again, I only have issues in STO.
    Still pretty lag filled. Over satellite and I'm having massive lag spikes. This game is still being super inefficient with its internet use. Causes everything to lag up. Nothing else causes this to happen. Close STO and it all stops.
    so again it's extremely bad. So bad I couldn't log in to do anything but see that I made some money off the exchange while having SNR, then got booted out to the log-in screen.
    Another lag filled day. Takes way too long to log in. 10 min and still loading in. Over 8k ms the whole time. It then dropped to 2.5k. Then I got SNR and booted out. Not the load screen. Can see my ship. There's too much being loaded over the internet. This game needs a refinement in it's use of bandwidth. The way things load in, it looks like all data is mostly server side, not client side. Seriously. I am having ZERO issues in SWTOR with either of my internet connections. There's very little data sent from the client side to the server and back. Yet this game is horrific. When I have a latency tester open with STO going, it's affected to the point of lots of RTO. When I close STO, it's no longer affected. That's a bad thing. VERY bad. The only time SWTOR does that, is when initially loading. After that, not even the load screens have an effect. STO load screens are ALWAYS hogging up bandwidth, causing latency of over 2k ms every time, even when things are fine. The game should not do that. Ever.